arcteryx veilance

Right, but Paclite in the old naming scheme is now plain 'GoreTex' while Pro Shell has become 'GoreTex Pro'. Given that the description of the Field just says GoreTex, it seems like a reasonable assumption that it's made from what used to be called PacLite.

Don't get me wrong, I'd very much prefer it to be an older iteration of ProShell, but I feel that if that was true, they would have said so.

Most gore-tex product names refer to a specific laminate package of membrane, face fabric and backer. Pac-lite specifically refers to a package with as one of it's distinguishing characteristics that the  backer is a coating rather than a separate layer. 

The reason the field is listed as just "gore-tex" just means the package used does not have an official gore-tex designation, but is a custom laminate. Which makes perfect sense considering that it seems to have a proprietary cotton face fabric.

tldr: field jacket isn't made of pac-lite in any sense. 

Edited by Inkinsurgent

I have some voronoi ARs from last fall and after washing them twice (following care instructions) they dont seem to be as water repellant as they once were. Has this happened to anyone else/has anyone had luck retreating their voronois?

Have you washed them with a normal detergent? Many regular detergents contain surface active agents that reduce surface tension, counteracting the DWR's repellent properties. Try washing it again with grangers 30 degree wash and then chuck them in the drier. If that doesn't work, reproof with grangers XT spray and tumble dry. 

The reason the field is listed as just "gore-tex" just means the package used does not have an official gore-tex designation, but is a custom laminate. Which makes perfect sense considering that it seems to have a proprietary cotton face fabric.

Good point, you're likely right. I haven't had a chance to handle any of the newer, non 'Pro'-designated Field Jackets, and I'll be happy if they are indeed using something more robust than Paclite.

30% off veilance with code OUTER30:

http://www.notre-shop.com/

good if you need something for upcoming season

fuck whoever swooped the galvanic in s.

You sure it doesn't work? It's not showing as being sold out in that size...

Embarrassing but...apparently I added the jacket on my phone while in a meeting and then went back to the computer to see it was sold-out.  :ph34r:  i swooped myself. 

Hey guys, if anyone is interested I'm selling this AW14 season's Field IS Jacket in Navy, sz XS.

Never worn. Tags included. Zero Defects. This jacket currently retails for $1195 CAD. I had preordered from a friend at the Veilance showroom and just received it, but for whatever reason is not working out for me.

Only asking $925 Shipped. Please PM if you have any questions or want additional photos (sorry, terrible photo below). Thanks for viewing.

1414559830.994485.IMG_7457-e141456078311

Edited by jtag

^Bad pic or not, I think it really makes the blue pop. GLWS. 

Edit: I'm guilty of doing the same thing, so no hate, but we do have an "urban techwear community sales thread." Check it out here: http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/155357-urban-techwear-community-sales-thread/page-8

Edited by TresUnCool

For those who ordered from Notre how long did it take them to ship? I bought a Mionn IS vest last Saturday but still no shipping confirmation. Sent an email on Monday and still no reply so I'm gonna have to call them in a bit.

Edited by Redmau