arcteryx veilance

Overall I'm impressed with the collection as a whole. I'm going to end up blowing my yearly bonus on Veilance, FML.

I'm not even mad at the apparat pant being cropped, but that component shirt might be a bit much with the knit back panel.

Must haves:

Byet in titanium...that composite color

Dyadic in black

Unen vest

Cargo pants/shorts in black....@Igneousity was right. Holy shit those are gorgeous.

I think the idea behind the knit back of the shirt is to make it wicking under a blazer.

The collection still has some strong pieces and colors, but i am also a little underwhelmed. Compared to fw12 and ss13 the collection seems to lack standout pieces to go apeshit over. The apsis is the most remarkable piece but kind of weird functionally.

This is such a simple thing, but its one that really bothers me. Working in what amounts to a #menswear store, I deal with shirts/shirt collars constantly. I picked up a Veilance scope shirt from a member on here, and I don't know if they have improved of late but their shirt collar does not sit well. I'd like to see them do their own version of a hidden button down or at least include slots for collar stays. We sell magnetic collar stays at my shop and if the slots were available on their shirts I would be wearing it happily. However, as it stands, the collar flops around/pancakes which isn't the best look.

either you use their free return policy or you check mindtrive frequently. it's the first address which pops up in my mind in regard of veilance & accurate measurements

Exactly - keep hoping 'this'll be the season they revamp their 'size guide''.... All of my pieces are XS/S, but it's always a gamble.

Exactly - keep hoping 'this'll be the season they revamp their 'size guide''.... All of my pieces are XS/S, but it's always a gamble.

I was kind of surprised that they didnt have inseam lengths on the shorts or a more comprehensive guide besides just shirts/outerwear and pants. I think they would rather you try things on to figure out sizing and thats why the have the free return policy, but it is still annoying that they havent done anything more than that.

Very dumb question. How do you delete posts on sufu? I am apparently blind and cannot see a "delete post" option or icon anywhere... Also, curious on the fit of the Cargo LTs, wondering if they have a similar taper, as the Voronoi.

well, you buy a supermember account and you can delete your own posts. or you become a supermod or supergod and you can delete posts from other members.

cargos seem to have a more relaxed fit like the earlier iterations. you can see a wider hem and less taper in their stock pictures.

Maybe they've changed, but I've inquired about fit and getting measurements and the only response I received was, "our sizing is consistent across all our products. (i.e. if you're a medium in our Field Jacket, you'll be a medium in all our tops.)"

I thought that was a really lazy--and inaccurate-- response and haven't bothered to write them back with any other inquiry. 

I think it depends - as usual - on who you happen to talk to. Feel like I've heard that response before, but I've also had a *very* exact response as to the measurements of the Voronoi.

Here: "The 2013 Voronoi AR Pant will have the same waist size as your [former, non-AR Voronoi, size 30] pair but will be one centimeter smaller in the hip, 1.5 centimeter larger in the thigh and will have a 1.5 centimeter shorter inseam."

But also still wondering. An earlier blazer in M is slightly large, the Haedn in M is perfect; Stealth shirts in M are a bit large... Question now: Will the Cargo Pants LT be just perfect in waist 30 or are they cutting those like they say in the guide, in which case they should be too small. Then again, it looked like that with the Spec Pants (and Voronoi), but the W32 was too big, and the W30 measured exactly 32 inches in the waist...

This might be a dumb question, but what happens with all the veilance leftover from previous seasons? I dont think that all of fw13 was gone from the webstore, and its no longer available, so does anyone have an idea of what arcteryx does with it?

if anyone picks up the lt cargo pants post a fit pic please. from the picture of the front they look slim straight which is ideal, but in case they're more relaxed can you taper/hem them without any problems? I remember people saying they tapered their voronois from last season fine, just wondering if it would be the same. 

This might be a dumb question, but what happens with all the veilance leftover from previous seasons? I dont think that all of fw13 was gone from the webstore, and its no longer available, so does anyone have an idea of what arcteryx does with it?

It stays in their inventory system, but is not shown on their website.  Some dealers still want stock support of older items.  I know last time I called them they still had the subset jacket in-stock.

Edited by malcb33

It stays in there inventory, but is not shown on their website.  Some dealers still want stock support of older items.  I know last time I last them they still had the subset jacket in-stock.

So theoretically I could place a phone order for an item they still had? 

anyone got the cargos pants in 28 or 30? would be great if you could post some measurements. not sure which size to get. if they measure anything like the voronois then the cargoes in a 30 might be too big for me (according to mindtrive). but 28s could also be too tight (8cm difference in waist between the 2 lolwut]

No we need to create one.

Also, someone buy this (Field jacket LT cirrus grey in Chicago). The deal is insane and I need to stop looking at it and trying to convince myself I can fit a medium.

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=171250983619

There's a community sales thread for acronym though. Or let's have one big urban techwear community sales thread.