arcteryx veilance

Never owned any veilance hear. Question for the mionn is Blazer owner. Would u guys say the jacket is comparable to a chunky sweater (like and sns herning stark) with high arm holes? Looking to use it as a layer peice with my NIGEL CABOURN cameraman jacket. Also is the coreloft insulated throughout the jacket or just certain parts. Sorry for all the questions.

The insulation is in the entire jacket (with the exception of the back collar which feels more like a needle punch than polyfill).

The Mionn IS is pretty trim fitting and doesn't have as much ROM as some of the other Veilance pieces, but you could most likely layer it underneath a looser fitting shell with no problem.

I've layered a main line Atom LT vest under a Veilance Isogon jacket and the combination worked well to both shed water and keep me warm.

Does anyone know if any store has a current season graph sweater in XL. I purchased a L from the veilance site, and it was too small. Seems everywhere is sold out in XL, many thanks!

What does the p2p measure on your size LG graph? I bought a size LG Scann blazer from this season and had to go up a size and I'm a LG in all my other pieces.

thoughts on the composite jacket?Composite-Jacket-Burnished-Gold.giflove the muted yellow. the only thing stopping me from buying is the fact that it's not waterproof.might get the actuator in mauve or just wait for the upcoming season. there was a fw13 align jacket on sale at ssense... kicking myself for not buying it.

Where to kop? Is that from this past SS Season?

482676bcfc9db4522c1687b611892e62_h581w49

What are everyone's thoughts on the Cote et Ciel Isar rucksack?

I feel like this is a sleek yet technical backpack option that would pair well with Veilance pieces, maybe a bit more so than ACR bags. Less military, more elegant and loaded with compartments and a great laptop sleeve.

What are everyone's thoughts on the Cote et Ciel Isar rucksack?

I feel like this is a sleek yet technical backpack option that would pair well with Veilance pieces, maybe a bit more so than ACR bags. Less military, more elegant and loaded with compartments and a great laptop sleeve.

Definitely good packs but I'll wait for SS14 Veilance backpack (add pics). Some looks with CeC and AV here.

looking for a Canadian proxy for the after Christmas sales. Someone may want to help me out? Pleae send me your thoughts about your service fees and we will work something out.

A lot of the major retailers have already had their big sales for the year. I can't imagine those who are left will go any higher than 30% off, at which point it's hardly worth going through the trouble to have an item proxied given what you'll be paying them in terms of taxes and shipping fees. I think your best bet is to keep a close eye on international e-bay auctions. (Make contact early so you don't lose out.)

A lot of the major retailers have already had their big sales for the year. I can't imagine those who are left will go any higher than 30% off, at which point it's hardly worth going through the trouble to have an item proxied given what you'll be paying them in terms of taxes and shipping fees. I think your best bet is to keep a close eye on international e-bay auctions. (Make contact early so you don't lose out.)

you are right, a lot of big sales happened and a lot of items were gone but there are still some retailers carrying my size. at 30% off in canada + shipping it's still 50% less compared to german prices. here are only two or three stockists and they aren't really mark the stuff down.

in my experience, at 50% down in europe it'a getting questionable but only mrporter or 290sqm reduce their prices by 50%

edit: in addition, due to the "improved" ebay system it got a lot more troublesome to pass on the custom fees. if i buy an item at ebay.com, i have to pay customs to ebay directly in 90% of the auctions.

Edited by frankie_four

Does anyone have any experience with Veilance warranty repairs? I have a 2 1/2" scratch on one of my jackets which I purchased earlier this year. I have no idea how it happened, I haven't done anything outside of the normal in it.

Have experience, and it took a bit long due to some communication problems, but ultimately worked out most excellent.

you are right, a lot of big sales happened and a lot of items were gone but there are still some retailers carrying my size. at 30% off in canada + shipping it's still 50% less compared to german prices. here are only two or three stockists and they aren't really mark the stuff down.

in my experience, at 50% down in europe it'a getting questionable but only mrporter or 290sqm reduce their prices by 50%

edit: in addition, due to the "improved" ebay system it got a lot more troublesome to pass on the custom fees. if i buy an item at ebay.com, i have to pay customs to ebay directly in 90% of the auctions.

Ah, ok. Well, in that case, I'll be willing to help out since it'll be getting increasingly more difficult for people to have items imported out of Canada, what with the recent Canada Post job cuts. 

Keep in touch via PM and if you could have some references ready that would be greatly appreciated. (It's around this time of year where parcels seem to magically disappear. )

I've noticed this ebay shite too.

it isn't just the customs fees you're paying for there is a service charge too. ebay are posting on the items internationally for the seller and paying the customs fees on behalf of the buyer, all this is making purchasing on ebay from n. america not just on ebay.com ridiculously expensive. I bet ebay are losing customers hand over foot.

The new international shipping service seems to be born out of a growing reluctancy of US sellers to deal with weird destinations, buyers who dont speak english, etc.

Too bad the charges are so ridiculous that it'll go the other way. If you're in the EU, ebay is simply no longer a viable option due to the excessive fees.

I think it's like that pretty much everywhere when shipping abroad. I was interested in placing a bid on an Insulated Field Jacket located in the States--I reside in Canada-- when the bid was just over $500 + applicable shipping fees, and I was looking at over $200 in import duties. Not cool.

don't think that's quite right Inkinsurgent, I reside in the uk with 100% feedback and have problems from usa ebayers refusing to ship to me.

are there any real reason why they will not sell to anyone outside of their boarders?

can proxy from the uk if needed if the favour is returned  ;)

It's usually close to $100 to ship to the UK and given the distance the parcel has to travel and the general value of the item, you're pretty much forced to buy extra insurance and thus declare close to actual value, which ends up souring the deal, anyway. It's really a bit of a hassle.

Edited by TresUnCool