arcteryx veilance

Just picked up the 'MIDLENGTH JACKET" which i'm pretty sure is corner code for Insulated field jacket. fuckin' thanks tigerprawn. was gonna pick it up from CHCM shop for $100 more, and w/ a shitty return policy to boot. 

Thanks Tigerprawn, just grabbed the graph sweater.

Whaaaa? I don't see it. If you got a link hook it up!

Just picked up the 'MIDLENGTH JACKET" which i'm pretty sure is corner code for Insulated field jacket. fuckin' thanks tigerprawn. was gonna pick it up from CHCM shop for $100 more, and w/ a shitty return policy to boot. 

The only item The Corner picked up in XS this season (which is better than none at all from the summer collection):

aISDxDul.png

:wacko2:

The only item The Corner picked up in XS this season (which is better than none at all from the summer collection):

:wacko2:

They also had the Mionn Composite Jacket in XS but it was sold out after the first 15% off sale and size Small after the second one

pretty sure they do have the black mionn on there?

anyone know if a size m in the mionn would be too big for 37/38" chest?

Have you handled other Arcteryx (Veilance) stuff? I measure roughly a 36" chest and size Small in Mionn Composite fits perfectly, like the other Arcteryx Jackets I wear.

What does the Veilance size chart suggest?

Edited by frankie_four

They also had the Mionn Composite Jacket in XS but it was sold out after the first 15% off sale and size Small after the second one

Have you handled other Arcteryx (Veilance) stuff? I measure roughly a 36" chest and size Small in Mionn Composite fits perfectly, like the other Arcteryx Jackets I wear.

What does the Veilance size chart suggest?

Haven't tried any. Measurement guide on veilance site suggests a small though. I'm considering an STF too, all the models are 6" tall 40" chest and wear mediums so I just assumed I would be a small.

Blowin' the spot... http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/men/arc-teryx-veilance "Privateus40" works.

REALLY wish they had the Haedn or a black Mionn

Thanks for the heads up on the code @Tigerprawn. Just copped the Mionn blazer in Olive and the CP Achillies olive wool the code did 40% for both.

Also: Still got the like new FW12 Anode coat FS if anyone is looking. (Size LG)

Will do. If I see a Haedn in MD show up ill PM you. I've been watching www.barneyswarehouse.com, last fall they snatched up a bunch of unsold stock and sold it off cheap. They had the deploy anorak for 400 in MD but it got snatched up the same day it listed.

Fit pics will follow.

This is breaking my heart.  :(

Anyway, I've been to London Arc'teryx store at Mercer Street (Covent Garden), they now have some Veilance pieces, jackets only 

though. No XS for me so I didn't bought anything. Lovely and knowledgeable staff (two young ladies, gentlemen from another shift were OK but obviously quite puzzled by my obsessive questioning). For more Arc'teryx gear there is a sister shop Snow and Rock just across the street.

The reason you never see two-way zippers on bird pieces is that they're significantly harder to operate than regular zippers and a lot more fragile. I can sort of see the appeal on very long coats, but other than that they are just too big a hassle.

The reason you never see two-way zippers on bird pieces is that they're significantly harder to operate than regular zippers and a lot more fragile. I can sort of see the appeal on very long coats, but other than that they are just too big a hassle.

True, some 2 way zippers can be a bit of a hassle, but I have worked with some really nice YKK vislon qualities with the molded plastic teeth (which are waterproof). They have a bit of a chunkier look to them and might not be used as they dont quite fit the aesthetic of the Veilance line.

They could also use a No.5 reverse coil zipper so that the teeth are hidden on the underside. 

The vislon ones (which are really intended for sleeping bags iirc) are a bit sturdier but indeed not very subtlelooking. I have reverse coil two ways on some TAD pieces and while i've gotten used to them, i still prefer regular reverse coils.

A few of my jackets have the 2-way zip and is just super functional and incredibly useful when you're trying to just adjust the fit a little, vent out, or want it to just look a little different.

I'm with you, I like being able to zip it up to the hood collar, and then un-zip the bottom a bit for better movement, but it's is personal preference. I can see how some people wouldn't want them due to their inherent sticky nature.

Also, heads up the codes "privateus40" and "headtotoetc" for thecorner.com aren't working anymore. But all the Veilance product was marked down to about 40% off.

What's the reactions so far to the new Gore-tex Pro? Is the improvement really as dramatic as the claims suggest? Enough to convert an unbeliever?

Dunno, how much you think that GTX is the antichrist??

The pro is pretty nice to wear but I have yet to put it to  a real test,two jackets lined up and three  week board trips so I will let you know on the abuse and abrasion (backpack with hip belt) front..