arcteryx veilance

• 3 weeks later...

Some very cool jackets. I really wish they did the Naiver AR coat in clay!!!

A bit disappointed with the new sweater, can't say I'm in love with the wool fleece. Was hoping for the old Graph with the shoulder patch to make a comeback...

On 7/18/2019 at 10:23 AM, Kasper said:

Some very cool jackets. I really wish they did the Naiver AR coat in clay!!!

A bit disappointed with the new sweater, can't say I'm in love with the wool fleece. Was hoping for the old Graph with the shoulder patch to make a comeback...

i’ll be interested to see it in person. i like the texture contrast with the rest of the veilance line up but i agree the old graph sweater and cardigan were hard to beat 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, scamster said:

copped a rhomb from deru-store who have a sale, must say first class store, helpful, quick delivery, even had a nice chat on the phone with them.

can anyone who has one of these or the monitor can let me know if you have experiencing any wear, how it's been holding up with use, wearing a backpack, etc?

Check out this thread on the AV subreddit for more info on the Rhomb.

Monitor is super durable, will hold up to heavy use for many years and remain waterproof if properly cared for.  

3 hours ago, scamster said:

copped a rhomb from deru-store who have a sale, must say first class store, helpful, quick delivery, even had a nice chat on the phone with them.

can anyone who has one of these or the monitor can let me know if you have experiencing any wear, how it's been holding up with use, wearing a backpack, etc?

Not a monitor but I own and have been using the J67-FO which is also shakedry, almost daily and with a backpack for several weeks now. It's holding up great and no signs of damage yet. 

On 8/9/2019 at 7:45 PM, scamster said:

Thanks for the hint.

just picked up the Rhomb in XL today.

cheers everyone for the comments, looking forward to deploying in the rain but so far haven't been caught out apart from once when I didn't have it with me, typical.

mainly worried about abrasions and wear from carrying a bag, a knock on a wall or wear around the edges of the cuffs and collar. so @Toilettebun is it more robust than it looks?

@JoshK was thinking about the j67-fo but at that price point and with these concerns thought the rhomb would be far more sensible option.

thanks for that subreddit @kobebean hey @junkie_dolphin have you any words on the rhomb since have it for over six months?

7 hours ago, scamster said:

hey @junkie_dolphin have you any words on the rhomb since have it for over six months?

It's held up very well. I tend to stuff it in my 3A every morning, regardless of the weather, and it's saved my ass a few times now. No scuffs or other issues so far. Just wish it had a jacket sling! It's also a little short, and no room for layers at my current weight.

Same, picked up a rhomb/cevian during their sale and the owner was super friendly. Everything was packaged neatly and he included a nice handwritten note on the invoice.

Thanks for the hint, man! Copped a Sequent LT in 34 <3

still looking for a good deal on a dyadic comp hoodie and a monitor sl though... :)

Edited by bouncingsoul