denimdestroyedmylife

arcteryx veilance

thinking of picking up the veilance field trousers; is the general consensus is to size up one, do they fit quite slim?

Edited by scamster

I'd not call them exactly slim, so I'd recommend going tts at first. If it's not what you're looking for then, you still can send them back.

20 hours ago, scamster said:

thinking of picking up the veilance field trousers; is the general consensus is to size up one, do they fit quite slim?

I sized up and would recommend it. i know kevin also sized up 1. granted it does allow for a slightly baggier fit and because of my height i don't need to deal with the stacking kevin seems to. @bouncingsoul is right though you can always return if theres an issue. 

I see your point, @1i1i1ii1. I think our proportions (is it called like this in English?) are quite different. So for example when I look at your last Instagram pic I’d say that this is the same fit I have on my field pants going tts. In general, when I look at your pictures, we got quite the same pants but they create a very different look on me. E.g. my Voronoi is size 33 and is perfectly sized on the hip (means I wouldn’t need to put on a belt necessarily), it’s ultra baggy at the tights (and I mean really baggy!) and rather normal on the calfs while on you it looks quite close to a Voronoi on the Veilance homepage. Which mine isn’t at all 

...maybe I just got a fat a** :-/

12 minutes ago, bouncingsoul said:

I see your point, @1i1i1ii1. I think our proportions (is it called like this in English?) are quite different. So for example when I look at your last Instagram pic I’d say that this is the same fit I have on my field pants going tts. In general, when I look at your pictures, we got quite the same pants but they create a very different look on me. E.g. my Voronoi is size 33 and is perfectly sized on the hip (means I wouldn’t need to put on a belt necessarily), it’s ultra baggy at the tights (and I mean really baggy!) and rather normal on the calfs while on you it looks quite close to a Voronoi on the Veilance homepage. Which mine isn’t at all 

...maybe I just got a fat a** :-/

ahhh yes very true! veilance (particularly this new season) has been tricky to size for me because it’s more restrictive in the thighs and seat. i wear a 33 (and have room) in last year’s voronois and ARs but now i’m always going up to 34 (granted i may just be getting fat) but for people who are slimmer/ not as tall you may be right to go tts. i also think a few pages back people were posting pics of them in their field pants and giving measurements but to size off of. 

1 hour ago, 1i1i1ii1 said:

ahhh yes very true! veilance (particularly this new season) has been tricky to size for me because it’s more restrictive in the thighs and seat. i wear a 33 (and have room) in last year’s voronois and ARs but now i’m always going up to 34 (granted i may just be getting fat) but for people who are slimmer/ not as tall you may be right to go tts. i also think a few pages back people were posting pics of them in their field pants and giving measurements but to size off of. 

I'm not sure. I am a fairly large guy, 6'1", 90kg, athletic build. My tts is a 34 and with Voronois I have no real issue with the thighs being too tight and I usually have trouble finding pants that aren't restrictive through the thigh and backside.

1 hour ago, AnomalousTautology said:

I'm not sure. I am a fairly large guy, 6'1", 90kg, athletic build. My tts is a 34 and with Voronois I have no real issue with the thighs being too tight and I usually have trouble finding pants that aren't restrictive through the thigh and backside.

this seasons voronois? wow thats wild. im 6'3" and a little under 85kg and i sized up to a 34 and they're really restrictive :((( 

cheers chaps! looks like sizing up is the way to go with these.

being a more utility type of trousers although I'm sure you could get away with wearing these in some formal situations, would prefer the fit to be a little loose.

not my sale but if anyone is after a veilance casing card wallet there's one on ebay with quite a nice discount

To all the owners of the field- or indisce pants: seeing that they are made with goretex windstopper material, how much water can they withstand? My experience with windstopper material in other garments is that it can shed quite a bit of water. How is it with the veilance pants?

for city use they're essentially waterproof. I've worn mine cycling in driving rain for half an hour and stayed dry.

Dug around on the veilance site and found a couple images of new colour-ways that haven't shown up anywhere else.

Conduct-Anorak-Ash.jpg?auto=format&w=135Field-Overshirt-Dark-Navy.jpg?auto=forma

22 hours ago, Micx said:

When is SS18 up on Veilance homepage? 

usually mid to late February  JK its up now

Edited by 1i1i1ii1
i was wrong

3 minutes ago, 1i1i1ii1 said:

usually mid to late February

Damn, so long. Thnx though!

5 hours ago, 1i1i1ii1 said:

usually mid to late February

And he said it with such conviction as well. Last year was Feb 1st as well iirc.

47 minutes ago, Dolphinski said:

And he said it with such conviction as well. Last year was Feb 1st as well iirc.

hah! yea my mistake. i had heard it was going to be towards the middle but was wrong! it’s up now. my mistake 

Who else hates the new catalogue landing page? It looks like the OG AV website where everything was very linearly segmented.

I love the new classifications. My inner tech-junkie is melting.

SS18 is indeed lovely as always. Can anyone confirm that some outerwear (like Blazer and Nemis) is really made in China? If so, then f*ck 'em, nothing can't justify that price tag. 

Anyway, there is a nice article on Veilance at Amer group website. 

“We believe that we can become the world’s leading progressive design brand. We are looking to build a complete system beyond apparel: footwear, packs, accessories and a women’s capsule collection in the next few years”, says Kasuga.

10 hours ago, johngalt said:

Who else hates the new catalogue landing page? It looks like the OG AV website where everything was very linearly segmented.

I love the new classifications. My inner tech-junkie is melting.

I was about to post that yesterday. The last few iterations of the AV website have grown increasingly dull and uninspired. The current one just looks plain bad. 

Also the amer group article is kind of worrying. Their desire to crank up the volume on AV isn't news, but the idea to build it into a seperate mainline brand is going to dilute the identity. 

4 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

I was about to post that yesterday. The last few iterations of the AV website have grown increasingly dull and uninspired. The current one just looks plain bad. 

personally I really like the visuals, I think showing real video of the clothes styled on a model in motion (properly lit and not hiding in the shadows, mind you) is valuable for products like this. i also appreciate seeing a new model instead of the wax statue guy. however, i agree that the actual placement/layout of the assets on the site is questionable and the copy on the brand page could be simplified and not.. all uppercase.. for some reason

3 hours ago, Dolphinski said:

Gotta say, this is not a flattering look on the Dyadic pant shot.

i'd rec sizing up on these to get that comfy fit. that super slim fit is a little strange

saw this on their IG.

anyone has any info on the pants?

thanks in advance

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 1.26.06 AM.png

For the London heads, SS18 should be out on the floor next weekend in the Piccadilly store.

23 minutes ago, Trim said:

saw this on their IG.

anyone has any info on the pants?

thanks in advance

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 1.26.06 AM.png

Maybe I'm mistaken but this looks like an Indisce to me.

Funny stuff is that yesterday I grabbed myself a new Apparat in Playa (obviously from 2015) for 280€... and now they release the Apparat in Sand, which turns out to be almost exactly the same color. :-D I'm a happy man right now. Lol