denimdestroyedmylife

arcteryx veilance

I don't believe the Isogon is meant to be waterproof. If memory serves correctly, the recently released Actuator is the Gore-Tex protected version of the Isogon.

Anyone know how water proof the Isogon jacket is? Id rather buy the Composite jacket but im loving the maroon colour of the Isogon. It says on their website its only wind proof. Does this mean it has no water proofing qualities at all?

Well, it's not waterproof. There are no levels of waterproof, it either is or it isn't.

It's water resistant though, and very wind resistant. Getting caught out by spring showers, going from the car to the office or that sort of thing it works quite well. It's not a jacket I'd put on when its raining out though.

It's got great breathability as well, I've been commuting on my bike the past week wearing one and been impressed with how well it's preformed, no clammy, sweaty interoir.

The composite jackets back and underarm panels are the same fabric as the isogon actually.

Hope that helps.

i have the isogon and the composite. concur about the rainproofness of the jacket. it will shed water for a little, but it also can soak through if it's pouring. in a drizzle is fine for a while though.

it is a fantastic summer jacket, the best i have ever owned. it's lightweight and you can wear it and not get sweaty/clammy/damp, which makes it the perfect windbreaker.

one note on sizing: it's the only veilance jacket which i have that is true to size, i have sized down on everything else (composite, field jacket, and partition).

I've got a pair of brand new, with tags Voronoi pants, graphite, size 33 that are slightly too big for me I'd like to part with. Please let me know if you're interested.

does the anode jacket have any treatment for water resistance? i don't think it does, just wondering. thinking about picking it up for use in portland winter conditions.

also, anyone have experience with it? fit? love it? etc.

Do you know any european retailer carrying Voronois please?

I think 290 squaremeters in amsterdam is carrying the pants in europe, the Anode only has a dwr treatment on the face fabric, so in a light shower you would see a bit of beading but it will take on water after any prolonged rain or in places where the water on surface is under pressure for example around bag straps or the inside of your elbow.

I think 290 squaremeters in amsterdam is carrying the pants in europe, the Anode only has a dwr treatment on the face fabric, so in a light shower you would see a bit of beading but it will take on water after any prolonged rain or in places where the water on surface is under pressure for example around bag straps or the inside of your elbow.

Thank you, but they are sold out or not online. But i will keep watching them now, didnt know about them at all

It might be too late for that (probably is), but you could ask e.g. 290sqm if they can still get (order) them... That's how I got a Graph Sweater last year ;)

290 has about half of their stock online...

And with them having good connections with Veilance, it's worth throwing an e mail their way...

I did yesterday and: Hi *****.

You are right. We do have the pant, but did not carry it online.

we do now cause I just put it up!

Thank you:)

Has anyone altered a longsleeve Veilance shirts?

Edited by TresUnCool

^^Yes I did.. My neighborhood tailor( who is a an excellent craftsman and a fabric nut) did a fine job. He shortened my sleeves

The shirt however has died on me in a in a blood bath of pasta sauce.. Don't ask..

So two things .. Get a good tailor and on top of that some one who knows his fabrics, or who is willing to listen while you explain what you want and why..

That's exactly what I would be looking to do with my Operand shirt. (It is utterly unwearable as it is now.) How did it turn out? Meaning, how does it wear with shorter sleeves?

It was fine although I had a 2011 field shirt done..

Don't really know how tapered the shirt is on you, but a good tailor won't waste his time on something he knows ain't gonna fit you anyway..

anyone in toronto know if the bay on yonge has a good selection of veilance? saw that they stock it on veilance's site and want to try stuff out in person.

How does the Blazer LT fit? Go with your typical Veilance jacket size or size up like you would for the Tessellate and the Frame shirts?

Thinking of letting Graph sweaters, size medium, in boron grey and black go. Each worn once. Pm with interest.

Just found a small tear in the shoulder area of my field jacket - anyone know if ArcTeryx does repairs?

Anyone buy the polytope jacket? I'm now wishing I'd got one from Haven before they sold out in my size (S).

Medium Survey Jacket, black, new, up for grabs, as well. (Sadly too small.)

^^^ pick up this dude's jacket, the survey is amazing

Absolutely. so underrated. I'm going to try and track down a large, though the likelihood of it being too long in the arms is high.

Edited by TresUnCool