Jump to content
denimdestroyedmylife

arcteryx veilance

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, lockandload604 said:

Curious to what does everyone think of the Patrol down coat as a winter do it all coat? Anyone think it's "worth" the price tag compared to the monitor down, node down etc. Also can anyone comment on the warmth of the mid down later say compared to the cerium sv? Cheers!

I really like the Patrol shell. I think the pockets and and length are perfect if you're a shorter guy. Looks like a great hybrid between the the Node and monitor. I don't like the down puffer. I think the baffle detract from the overall aesthetic. I've tried it on and it is just as warm as the Node or Monitor; however, I probably won't pick it up as the pockets aren't insulated. I have no complaint in terms of price (though steep) but am just terribly off put by the down puffer. 

6 hours ago, dscent said:

How often does the Nomin Pack go on sale? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger but figured I'd wait if it ever goes on sale end season.

Last season AV rolled out a program where their products were only allowed to be put on sale at 20% on Canada day only. Past that, only out-of-season items that are no longer in production are allowed to go on sale. Of course certain retailers don't listen. I've only seen the V1 Nomin on sale once and it was when the V2 came out. The bag has been out for 4 years and never hit sales due to demand and strict AV control. 

You might get lucky if a retailer does something like a 20% off code. If you have any questions about the bag, drop me a line. Be glad to help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, johngalt said:

I have no complaint in terms of price (though steep) but am just terribly off put by the down puffer.

If what I’ve heard is true, my goodness, you’re not going to like what’s coming next year...

Personally I find the Patrol Down way too warm, even without the shell on. It actually feels warmer than the Monitor Down... not sure if that’s just subjective though. And I really don’t like the cut of the shell—the hood is weirdly small, and the length is in this weird in-between... not the Node, but not the Monitor either. I much prefer the Patrol IS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13.9.2017 at 9:23 AM, Inkinsurgent said:

Okay, i did some googling and these are in fact fakes.

They originate, as all fakes do, from Taobao. Here is the original listing.

This is a whole new level of accuracy for bird fakes. I wouldn't be suprised if they come from a subcontracting factory.

* body material is slightly different, softer, probably no Merino blend

* label says M/M, but size is actually small

* inside label says 'ash sm' (small) , but the piece is black and the size is actually 'small'

* one arm is 2.5 cm shorter (!), cuffs too wide

* one panel back/below neck is asymmetric, one side is 1cm longer

* inside pocket material and construction/stiching is slightly different

* pocket zips are slightly different color and material

Generally it is not that bad with lots of details, but the wrong construction (arm too short) makes it especially bad.

Best to stay with the original. I have an original Dyadic Cardigan and that one is actually very nice!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, junkie_dolphin said:

If what I’ve heard is true, my goodness, you’re not going to like what’s coming next year...

Personally I find the Patrol Down way too warm, even without the shell on. It actually feels warmer than the Monitor Down... not sure if that’s just subjective though. And I really don’t like the cut of the shell—the hood is weirdly small, and the length is in this weird in-between... not the Node, but not the Monitor either. I much prefer the Patrol IS.

There are a few pieces I'm looking forward to wearing next FW but I know which jackets you're referring to. I appreciate Taka's utilitarian sensibility and use of composite construction but I know I will miss Lars.

1 hour ago, foononym said:

* body material is slightly different, softer, probably no Merino blend

* label says M/M, but size is actually small

* inside label says 'ash sm' (small) , but the piece is black and the size is actually 'small'

* one arm is 2.5 cm shorter (!), cuffs too wide

* one panel back/below neck is asymmetric, one side is 1cm longer

* inside pocket material and construction/stiching is slightly different

* pocket zips are slightly different color and material

Generally it is not that bad with lots of details, but the wrong construction (arm too short) makes it especially bad.

Best to stay with the original. I have an original Dyadic Cardigan and that one is actually very nice!

 

Veilance fakes seem to be proliferating. Noticed this during my daily AV query https://www.kijiji.ca/v-clothing-men/mississauga-peel-region/arcteryx-arris-rain-jacket/1300181472?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true 

Hopefully I get some pictures 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, johngalt said:

Last season AV rolled out a program where their products were only allowed to be put on sale at 20% on Canada day only. Past that, only out-of-season items that are no longer in production are allowed to go on sale. Of course certain retailers don't listen. I've only seen the V1 Nomin on sale once and it was when the V2 came out. The bag has been out for 4 years and never hit sales due to demand and strict AV control. 

You might get lucky if a retailer does something like a 20% off code. If you have any questions about the bag, drop me a line. Be glad to help

Thanks for this. Can the V2 fit a 2016 15" MBP. I tried googling for the dimensions and can't find any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, dscent said:

Thanks for this. Can the V2 fit a 2016 15" MBP. I tried googling for the dimensions and can't find any.

Yep. There is space is both compartments. The top loader may get in the way in the back compartment but as @Toilettebun indicated, it is only attached to the frame via velcro. Undoing it will free up a ton of space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Distorbiant said:

Anyone know what Goretex fabric this is?

 

And why isn't this listed in either of the 2017 collections?

https://www.eastdane.com/field-jacket-arcteryx-veilance/vp/v=1/1513087257.htm

 

3 hours ago, scamster said:

@Distorbiant the veilance field uses gore-tex pro.

The Field IS uses Pro, the stock Field uses a Gore 3L. I was pretty bummed out when I realized my jacket was only 3L. The fabric features a textured face and is rather thick. Excellent for the cold. 

 

1 hour ago, junkie_dolphin said:

It’s not listed because that version of the jacket has been discontinued—they’re making some small changes for spring 18.

I believe they are revising the face fabric to something with a smooth face and lighter denier. The chest pockets are going to be slanted inwards like the Haedn OS. Check out the SS18 preview for more pics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@johngalt Do you mind providing a photo with a side by side comparison of the V1/V2 Nomins? Just want see how it compares in scale/shape to the older iteration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dscent said:

@johngalt Do you mind providing a photo with a side by side comparison of the V1/V2 Nomins? Just want see how it compares in scale/shape to the older iteration.

This is a quick one I took a while ago when I bought my bag. Hope it helps

yDqLBKY.jpg

Edit: I remember @branesploadposting a much better comparison picture on his insta. My picture doesn't capture the depth and height differences between the bags

Edited by johngalt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johngalt said:

Edit: I remember @branesploadposting a much better comparison picture on his insta. My picture doesn't capture the depth and height differences between the bags

you remembered incorrectly

but here are random pics i took. my laptop divider thing was wonky so i sent it to warranty to see if there was something wrong with it (so ill prob get it back in 2018 lol)

IMG_6921.JPG

IMG_6920.JPG

IMG_6919.JPG

IMG_6918.JPG

IMG_6917.JPG

IMG_6916.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, branespload said:

you remembered incorrectly

but here are random pics i took. my laptop divider thing was wonky so i sent it to warranty to see if there was something wrong with it (so ill prob get it back in 2018 lol)

IMG_6921.JPG

IMG_6920.JPG

IMG_6919.JPG

IMG_6918.JPG

IMG_6917.JPG

IMG_6916.JPG

What did you do to your V1? Mine use to sag and collapse on itself to but your's just looks miserable 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just stopped by the factory store and there's were a few decent picks, full size range of black Indicse blazers for $349 CDN along with a pair of anode pants that were in size 28. Grey/blue/black composite shirts and an unreleased polytope long sleeve button up shirt for anyone interested. Outerwear was pretty lacklustre, partition AR in neptune was the most appealing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, iamiwas said:

 unreleased polytope long sleeve button up shirt for anyone interested. 

any more details about this one? is it the minimalist looking nyco shirt that was planned for fw17?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Inkinsurgent said:

any more details about this one? is it the minimalist looking nyco shirt that was planned for fw17?

polytope was actually planned for S17, i believe it's the same nyco as the front part of the component shirt, but yeah super minimal (i posted a press release pic of it some pages back from that onei nterview with taka). it had a different name by fw17 but doesnt matter cuz both got scrapped lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, iamiwas said:

Just stopped by the factory store and there's were a few decent picks, full size range of black Indicse blazers for $349 CDN along with a pair of anode pants that were in size 28. Grey/blue/black composite shirts and an unreleased polytope long sleeve button up shirt for anyone interested. Outerwear was pretty lacklustre, partition AR in neptune was the most appealing.

Interesting. Arc' outlet in Parndorf, Austria, still has Component shirts in neptune(?) and black, *one* Field Jacket, Doeln in neptune (blue), and got in two Monitor down coats. Some shorts, too... Maybe still a Mionn pullover. (Not much in all, and that very mixed.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nordstrom Rack on State Street, Chicago had a ton of pants for >50% off. Also a few component shirts and other various items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a black galvanic IS off nords for 499$, stoked. First veilance kop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2017 at 7:58 AM, branespload said:

polytope was actually planned for S17, i believe it's the same nyco as the front part of the component shirt, but yeah super minimal (i posted a press release pic of it some pages back from that onei nterview with taka). it had a different name by fw17 but doesnt matter cuz both got scrapped lol

I picked one up as well from the factory store earlier this summer and the SA told me the same thing (ie. the were samples of something that never got made). To be honest, I'm not sure why they pulled the plug, it has become one of my favorite shirt and is really awesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

damn i wish you said it sucks and its better off that the rest of us dont have a chance to own one lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tacos said:

Did they stop making pants in size 28? 

as of fw17, yes. RIP me

certain styles in SS18 however (and imo, the more exciting ones) will have waist closure systems that can dial the waist down 1" on each side to 27" actually. dyadic comp pant and sequent cknit pant iirc will have this. so there is hope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Privilege Program