arcteryx veilance

thanks @szg

so ya its prob the same cuz rear hem looks longer in the back. the boxier fit is prob a combination of the model's body type + the stiffness of the wool

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 9.19.08 AM.png

Edited by branespload

@Kasper  I normally go to the store in Kits just because its closer to me. They carry most Veilance, but I have never seen it on sale or anything. The factory store only has lower prices for one-offs (in which case, they would still be very expensive). If your staying in Vancouver proper, and were looking for a specific piece, I would just call ahead to either. If you're just planning on browsing, I'd go to whichever is closer.

13 hours ago, AnomalousTautology said:

@Kasper  I normally go to the store in Kits just because its closer to me. They carry most Veilance, but I have never seen it on sale or anything. The factory store only has lower prices for one-offs (in which case, they would still be very expensive). If your staying in Vancouver proper, and were looking for a specific piece, I would just call ahead to either. If you're just planning on browsing, I'd go to whichever is closer.

Thanks, I ended up going and picked up some liminal pants and a black shirt, both pretty dope and about 40% off so very happy. they do have a pretty good selection, I was kinda surprised at the size of the veilance section (although it's mostly of less popular items and samples). 

Have anyone else experiencing poor QC from Veilance lately?

The sizing tag on the new SS17 Voronoi shorts was sewn on very sloppy. I have ordered 2 Voronoi shorts from the SS17, below are the side to side comparison.

I am just very surprised that the sloppy sewing job gotten passed through QC.

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 3.25.39 PM.png

27 minutes ago, Inkinsurgent said:

this is of such small aesthetic and functional significance that i don't really see why it shouldn't pass qc. 

From my experience, Arcteryx pride itself with the highest standard of quality and even this aesthetic doesn't meet the standard and get sent to the outlet stores. You often see the smallest aesthetic defect at the outlet store and marked as seconds.

If shorts/pants production is being moved to China, I am afraid this will be just the beginning of a downward slope for Veilance.

14 hours ago, matthewcng said:

From my experience, Arcteryx pride itself with the highest standard of quality and even this aesthetic doesn't meet the standard and get sent to the outlet stores. You often see the smallest aesthetic defect at the outlet store and marked as seconds.

If shorts/pants production is being moved to China, I am afraid this will be just the beginning of a downward slope for Veilance.

I've seen much worse in mainline Arcteryx but nonetheless this is such a small defect that its almost unnoticeable. This is nitpicking at best. The quality control is still going to be the same regardless even if they decide to manufacture in China. 

Got a reply from Arcteryx, asked them if this aesthetic is suppose to pass QC, they said it shouldn't have.

Not just me, even Arcteryx deemed it as unacceptable. As a consumer, I believe it is important to for us to let them know about it. I do agree that I am nitpicking, but its the attention to detail that we all fell in love with Veilance.

I am merely just sharing what I have noticed.

4 hours ago, polarad said:

Are the Cargo LT and Apparat shorts the same cut and fabric (other then the pockets)?

No, the Cargo LT are slightly wider and longer than the Apparat even though they look to be more of less the same from Veilance stock pics. The fabric is the same. 

Just re. China: I know at least one factory in China priding and advertising itself for their experience - and they produce things which stand up excellently even to Veilance attention to detail. Produce for e.g. Black Yak, On Cloud running apparel, various designer labels... So, I wouldn't dismiss China immediately (much as I appreciate things made in other places with good quality production)

After wearing my voronoi ARs for 4 months practically daily and only been washed twice the fabric has finally torn. I have to say these pants can take a beating but I wish the colour wouldn't fade out so quickly.

All in all voronoi ARs are worth it imo despite this common issue 

20170625_004804.jpg

the crotch tear is endemic to the voronoi ar and generally grounds for a warranty replacement. i hope they'll solve this one day because i would love a cotton-based voronoi in my wardrobe. it's such an amazing looking pant.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

well we've seen fw17. lots of trade shows going on now so keep ur eyes peeled for ss18

edit: more leather goods? wallets for all? 

Edited by branespload