arcteryx veilance

9 hours ago, xc-mtb said:

Many thanks. How is the look in reality? Are they super shiny?

I don’t think they were super shiny when I got them, after a hot wash and dry to shrink them here’s what one look like. I don’t mind the faded look.

(these are the grey pair)

9A482AB0-1E80-472B-9641-EA99F1F40672.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Hi all. First post here - looking for some advice. Just got shipping confirmation for a pair of Align MX in a warranty case, I had initially asked for them in black since I were told they are in stock, but the email says they've ordered them in Laver. My concern is that they might clash with my old FW11 Field SV in Ordesa Green since those colors seem quite similar. I use my FJ almost daily so I'll prob wear them with these pants a lot.

Anyone here have experiences with both colors in person and could chime in if they would work well together? Thanks.

On 3/17/2020 at 8:23 PM, xc-mtb said:

I think that the ordesa green is more greyish and laver more like moose 

Thanks. I'll stick with Laver, seems like an interesting colorway. Hopefully they work well together.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Would be very interested in an SS version of the Range (or would that just be buying a nemis in a size up?), not convinced by the 'gravity pockets' though! ;)

Is the new black frame a heathered version too or is that just lazy re-colouring of the grey version?

Edited by agentbuca

Interesting - I guess I need to check them out in person. The only Infinium stuff I've handled was insulated. I would have equated the Burly Double Weave w/ 'lifestyle windstopper package,' which still seems to be in use on the Align MX. Is reg. Infinium going to be thinner / lighter than the Burly?

it's a bit more complicated than that. What gore calls 'infinium' is a range of textile packages that includes both what we know as windstopper and the new film out stuff that has the membrane on the outside.

If the current indisce pants still use the same fabric type as the ones i have from 2016 or something, they'll be a little thicker and crinklier than burly, and less breathable. they are however essentially waterproof, which burly isn't - no membrane in burly weave.