arcteryx veilance

I coped a Cevian SS shirt at -50% and I wanted to share with you guys what I think of it. 

The fit is quite comparable to the Frame Tee, maybe a touch slimmer, but not much. The fabric it‘s made from however is amazing. It is very mesh-like, almost as breathable as my Uniqlo Airism Mesh shirts, but the sensation, the feeling and the looks of the fabric are completely another level. Its extremely comfortable (although not very stretchy) and has a nice feeling next to skin. Also durability seems decent so far. It absolutely does not seem as fragile as the Airism Mesh for example.

Would I recommend buying one? Hell Yeah! If you are looking for a high quality super breathable tshirt that is perfectly fine for wearing it all day long (and not only for sports) this is your shirt!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2019 at 7:37 AM, bouncingsoul said:

I coped a Cevian SS shirt at -50% and I wanted to share with you guys what I think of it. 

The fit is quite comparable to the Frame Tee, maybe a touch slimmer, but not much. The fabric it‘s made from however is amazing. It is very mesh-like, almost as breathable as my Uniqlo Airism Mesh shirts, but the sensation, the feeling and the looks of the fabric are completely another level. Its extremely comfortable (although not very stretchy) and has a nice feeling next to skin. Also durability seems decent so far. It absolutely does not seem as fragile as the Airism Mesh for example.

Would I recommend buying one? Hell Yeah! If you are looking for a high quality super breathable tshirt that is perfectly fine for wearing it all day long (and not only for sports) this is your shirt!

Thanks for the review post! I'm a big fan of the Cevian too, love the fit, durability, and material. I bought two colors and have worn one nearly every day this summer, still going strong. The pattern is also really unique and cooler than the Frame. Hope they bring it back in more colors for SS20. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, WORLDCOLLAPSE said:

couldn't seem to find a veilance fs thread but....

looking to sell original cotton isogon / black / size large with tags - 280.00 shipped in the usa [add for fee]
looking to fund some algae / lavar pieces.... this new season is great!

Veilance buy sell trade is within the Urban Techwear Buy Sell Trade thread, man. Anything that isn't Acronym and yet fits into the "techwear" definition will be included in that thread. Hope this helps. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

Anyone have any input on the long-term durability of the cordura nyco voronois?

the main issue you’re gonna run into is the seam tape. nyco in all the experience i’ve had with it hold up quite well but, as is the case with veilance pants in general, the seam taping is prone to coming undone and i’ve lost 3 nyco voronoi’s to it. 

however, with the new crotch gusset they don’t blow out like they used to and with appropriate washing you should be good for quite some time. 

16 hours ago, 1i1i1ii1 said:

the main issue you’re gonna run into is the seam tape. nyco in all the experience i’ve had with it hold up quite well but, as is the case with veilance pants in general, the seam taping is prone to coming undone and i’ve lost 3 nyco voronoi’s to it. 

however, with the new crotch gusset they don’t blow out like they used to and with appropriate washing you should be good for quite some time. 

the seam tape is a big issue. i've found that using mcnett seam sealer to repair loose spots as soon as they appear goes a long way but in the long run it's an unfixable problem.

does the nyco exhibit a lot of fading?

Edited by Inkinsurgent

demlo shirt looks nice, wonder if it comes in any other colors.

Re: voronoi, I forget when they made the switch to nyco, but i have 2 pair of voronoi ar going for warranty right now (one fw16 [was that peat?], and one fw18). The older ones blew out near the edge of a back pocket from my wallet, unsure if the fabric got too thin and the wallet broke through or if the fabric ripped at the seam, and the fw18 had a huge seam rip down the ass from bike commuting in them 1 day a week since august. The fabric seemed to hold up better than the first iteration (fw13?), but the peat color faded a lot and both pairs picked up other colors in some fade spots around the hips. I'm not sure what warranty will say about them, but I'm not super keen on picking up another pair if I cant bike around in them.

i guess as long as they use this type of seams we'll continue to see blowout problems. did you mention the bike commuting part to customer service? curious if that affects the warranty.

hope the terratex ones will return at some point. i've managed to keep my terratex voronois together by repairing loose seam tape spots myself. but i managed to get some seam tape glue on the exterior of the black ones after the tape inside the fly came loose and haven't been able to remove the stain.

On 11/8/2019 at 7:00 AM, JoseRizal said:

Anyone ever owned the Mionn IS 3/4? Just curious about it’s fit. Thanks 

Owner here. Definitely an underrated piece. Fits true to size; falls a little above mid-thigh for me. Great as a standalone piece with low key bladerunner vibes or efficient insulator under an overcoat.

1 hour ago, leg said:

Trying to transition from Acronym to Veilance. Can anyone give advice on sizing? I'm mostly SMALL in all acronym garms, except jackets like J36-GT, which fits me in MEDIUM better. I'm 5'8, 180 (currently trying to cut down to 150LBS). Should I go with SMALL? Thanks.

I'm pretty much the same size as you. I would suggest going small in most Veilance. I think maybe the blazer cuts you could go medium but if you are cutting down small might be better.
Although I'm now starting to go medium in ACR Outers over small now for a more loose fit.

You're going to vary between sizes a bit. Unfortunately, at 5'8" you'll likely find many S pieces running long in the body and arm, and the XS stuff too slim in the upper torso. Going down to 150lbs will def. help float between the two. My AV wardrobe is pretty evenly split between XS/S, and I'm also an S in the current ACR fit blocks. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2019 at 5:02 AM, xc-mtb said:

Nice pictures.

is the cap part of the collection?

I can't remember, but I believe there were supposed to be 2 hats and one got scraped/pushed back? Or it was just the one cap pictured. Either way hats are in development and should be coming in the next few seasons, as well as veilance footwear (although thats still a few years out, theyre still throwing around ideas now).

• 4 weeks later...

I suppose this marks the end of Conroy's pieces still being sold straight from arc. Hard not to notice the lack of the Voronoi (which along the Feild, I always thought was the very essence of the brand) and the apparat. Been said a thousand times, but the denim looks interesting

I think by now i've come to terms with the idea that 2009-2019 AV was a very long beta phase and the current Veilance is the 1.0 product. Lars and Conroy's efforts were essentially exploratory, with Taka now consolidating all that into a more stable form. Unfortunately that means some things like the original field jacket, the terratex voronoi and the original monitor designs are abandoned over time. 

The denim experiments are great but based on the seam issues with the voronoi design i'm hesitant to pick up any non-terratex voronoi variant.

• 3 weeks later...