arcteryx veilance

16 hours ago, alavkx said:

Fahrenheit (including wind chill). It’s a bit of an exaggeration but humor me. Typically I’d commute with a frame and mionn and almost every day in February had a “feels like” temp sub 10 degrees. Most days I unzipped by the end of the walk to avoid sweating.

Not to say you can go out with cargo shorts and a mionn and be good. Sub 30 degrees I wear long underwear and a neck gaiter if the wind is kicking. Add a shell or heavier mid layer to taste and you’re good from (actual temperature not including wind chill) 0-55 degrees F. 

There was probably 2 days this winter in Boston that I thought it may be nice to have a down jacket. On those days I just walked faster.

Damn I'm good biking with a merino base and mionn but at single digits/subzero F static conditions I'd be freezing if I only wore that.

I wouldn't advise it unless you're doing some kind of activity be it walking at a less than leisurely pace, or biking.
I stood outside in line at a ramen shop. That was pretty brutal. This is with the shell over it.

Edited by alavkx

• 2 weeks later...

The AW19 Mionn IS looks quite different, new pattern, zipper and I'm curious about the material, anyone got any intel what it will be? 

VEILANCE_FW19_09-800x1200.jpg

2 hours ago, Brainboy said:

The AW19 Mionn IS looks quite different, new pattern, zipper and I'm curious about the material, anyone got any intel what it will be? 

VEILANCE_FW19_09-800x1200.jpg

Old Mionn - Mechanical Stretch Superlight: 100% nylon - 60gsm Coreloft™ / 80 gsm Coreloft™ 335 g

New Mionn - Stretch woven plain weave: 94% nylon 6% elastane - 90gsm Coreloft Continuous / 65 gsm Coreloft Continuous 430 g

i love the switch to coreloft continuous 90/65, same as in my proton AR and honestly i reach for that more than my old mionn is. not sure about terratex as the outer, it's not as smooth and comfortable to layer under a shell IMO. probably also not as comfy to put your hands in your pockets either

Component OS thoughts-

So far this is my favorite Veilance release of the season. 

Materials- 

Made of of the nyco (50 cotton 50 nylon) blend similar to the voronoi pants, the Comp OS sits structured while not feeling too constricting. It would be hard to talk about the Comp OS without lobbying some comparisons to the Field OS, the 100% poly composition of the Field felt more substantial for weather protection however the more matte finish of the Component pairs better with less glossy fabrics and adds a nice contrast with terratex pants. 

Pockets-

the main draw of the Component OS is the storage space and organizational structure of the front pockets. The internal elastic (see Mionn internal organizer or Align mx pockets) is able to hold my phone and wallet comfortably with minimal (if any) bulk. the zipper access also feels smooth and functional. I have had an easier time with the access for these pockets than with the Field and find them more utilitarian despite seemingly having less volume if the 4 fields pockets were added up. 

Sizing-

I am 6'3" and \~180lbs (190.5cm and 82kg) wearing a size large. I am a bit in-between large and XL for sizing and the shoulders on this are just the slightest bit snug. However I only plan to wear Frame tees under it so I'm not too concerned. For additional reference i take a large in the Field OS, Monitor Down, and Opperand while taking an XL in the Mionn, Graph sweater and frame tees.

E2B13F47-E697-4E42-9650-46CF0BDACA88.jpeg

19 hours ago, 1i1i1ii1 said:

Component OS thoughts-

So far this is my favorite Veilance release of the season. 

Really love the color of it in your picture, is it the olive one? On their website, the color is a much more saturated olive, do you think this is correctly represented? https://www.veilance.com/us/en/shop/mens/component-overshirt

1 hour ago, dixonschneider said:

Really love the color of it in your picture, is it the olive one? On their website, the color is a much more saturated olive, do you think this is correctly represented? https://www.veilance.com/us/en/shop/mens/component-overshirt

yes this is loden. i never trust product photos when it comes to colors. additionally depending on material the color comes out different. these are all loden pieces in different materials. 

4A7F3990-E306-4669-8808-08F1ACF457A6.jpeg

18 hours ago, 1i1i1ii1 said:

yes this is loden. i never trust product photos when it comes to colors. additionally depending on material the color comes out different. these are all loden pieces in different materials. 

Looks so much better as on the veilance site, thanks for the clear up! I thought about getting the monitor lt and frame tee in loden but the "official" product images scared me off a bit :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Tried a few pieces which are on sale currently 

cevian shirt xl —> cannot get my head trough the head hole

secant pant xl —> to small for my belly/waist (having a 38/40 waist in jeans)

demlo Jacket alloy xl —> fit similar to nemis Jacket 

all my other Veilance is xl and fits tight/ slim

Edited by droffen

• 3 weeks later...

I have a long sleeve button down I got about 3 years ago for xmas. Snap buttons, hidden chest pocket, and the back of the garment is a light merino material that's kind of see though.  Anyone know what model it is? Want to sell, but want to mare sure I'm listing it correctly. Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, Bigyen said:

I have a long sleeve button down I got about 3 years ago for xmas. Snap buttons, hidden chest pocket, and the back of the garment is a light merino material that's kind of see though.  Anyone know what model it is? Want to sell, but want to mare sure I'm listing it correctly. Thanks in advance

Pictures could help. I think some Pages back is a link to a Page that Shows past collections.

3 hours ago, Bigyen said:

most likely the “component shirt” (not to be confused with the component over-shirt)

Picked up the current Dyadic Comp pants through a warranty claim deal on another piece. I chose them mostly due to the pictures, and I really like the composite construction and materials on other pieces that I have.

So far I like them, but I’m not totally in love with them.

Pros:

- Materials are amazing
- Super comfortable
- Love the pocket configuration
- Great silhouette and overall fit and construction

Maybes:

- Worried that the jersey-like fabric could read a little “track pant”
- Got my usual size for Veilance (and all other pants), but the waist is a little bigger than I expected, and there are no belt loops. The cinch/elastic mechanism works really well, but I have them on the smallest position already and the front still pulls away. However they don’t fall down, so maybe it’s working and will just take some getting used to vs my usual belt. A belt really holds the waist close to the body, where these are always a bit “loose” without actually being loose. 

Anyone else have these? I’m worried that I should have maybe got a size smaller than usual, but it’s too late now. 

8 hours ago, WiseFool said:

That shade of plum is so lush. Any idea if the secant comp pants were a one time capsule release or will they be making a comeback every now and then? 

Think they where in the product shoots.

On 6/28/2019 at 4:32 AM, WiseFool said:

That shade of plum is so lush. Any idea if the secant comp pants were a one time capsule release or will they be making a comeback every now and then? 

It's lovely. The mainline had a similar shade called Sultan's Palace -

ttgxiyopqixhnr90jlvc.jpg

Trying to curb my enthusiasm for the denim..!