arcteryx veilance

On 11/19/2018 at 11:01 PM, AnomalousTautology said:

These ones on the hips. They are there to replace a belt

IMG_7939.JPG

Is that the Sequent AR/LT? I don't see this on my Voronoi, Convex or Field Pant lol

12 hours ago, bouncingsoul said:

Thanks, this was helpful too. Though I'm looking at FW17 when I bought my Field Pants and I don't see them listed on that page, so maybe it doesn't include all the pieces? Still nice to see past stuff though!

35 minutes ago, dtradish said:

Thanks, this was helpful too. Though I'm looking at FW17 when I bought my Field Pants and I don't see them listed on that page, so maybe it doesn't include all the pieces? Still nice to see past stuff though!

Interesting observation! Lol! I never realized that some stuff is missing. 

Regarding the picture of the pants: that seems to be the waist of a Sequent. I’ve never seen this type somewhere else.

Edited by bouncingsoul

extended thoughts on the Conduit LT after some use out in the world. 

pros - man this thing is warm. i’m super impressed with how well the conduit holds heat. currently standing outside in 33F (~0-1c) weather and am comfortable (granted i am also wearing fire windstopper pants). layered up with the beta ar got me through yesterday’s 16F degree weather with ease. It’s weight also makes transport and indoor wear simple. the conduit is breathable but not as ideal for continued indoor/55F+ weather as an overshirt or sweater. 

cons- no internal pockets :( this has been a real annoyance especially when i don’t want to carry my 3a-1 around or am inside and just want to have chapstick or similar on me comfortablely. obviously this will also suffer from the same drawbacks as other down jackets i.e. shit in rain and occasional leakage (although that has yet to occur for me). 

overall what i thought would be a throwaway piece from the season had quickly become a favorite of mine and i hope to get the vest as well. 

13695921-4591-4DBB-9A13-2C6A50D0DDBE.jpeg

1C819146-9613-4799-9B0A-AF26DDA07BF7.jpeg

On 2018-11-21 at 11:06 PM, dtradish said:

Is that the Sequent AR/LT? I don't see this on my Voronoi, Convex or Field Pant lol

Yes they are the sequents, my bad. Gotta brush up on my terminology.

Edited by AnomalousTautology

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2018 at 3:10 PM, johngalt said:

I too got rid of my Nemis but it's a stellar jacket. It's made from Terratex, an incredibly lightweight breathable yet wind resistant material. It's perfect for chilly summer nights and mornings. Really feels like you're not wearing anything and adapts easily to your climate. It's funny because it's lighter than the other SS jackets but have the biggest internal pockets. 

I see some terratex pants on steep discount, but they are in the Duoro/red colorway. Do you think it would be possible to dye the terratex black?

Nope... I don’t think so. I tried dying my Apparat shorts. They are made from some synthetic material (not terratex, but at least pretty comparable I’d say) and some cotton fabric. Dying only worked for the cotton fabric but not the synthetic material. However, the Apparats looked great afterwards!

Late to the party and just got the revised Graph Sweater (AW18), was surprised to see the fit difference between the new version and the old one (from possibly AW16) is huge (got both in XS). The new one is a true slim fit for me whereas the old version is more of a baggy / loose fit (especially the sleeves, the old one is so long that it can cover 2/3 of my hand). Can anyone weigh in with the reason / thoughts on such design change?

Also, I thought I can throw my old Graph into the dryer to shrink it a bit, has anyone attempted this before?

Edited by damagedroid

On 13/03/2012 at 12:56 AM, 034936 said:

seenmy, there's a photo of you from capsule paris wearing a veilance shell (fits slim, short in the body), which model jacket is this?

Mate that's a good point! I actually made the attempt before seeing your reply.. Used the technical fabric setting (probably suggesting low temperature) and the sweater turned out to be okay and indeed became a bit smaller; guess I better settle with how it is now!

Just got the isogon mx in and i love it! However when the zipper is fully done up it doesn’t seem to stay fully up. It comes down a couple mm. Is this normal or did i get a faulty one? This zipper also slides up and down much easier than my conduct anorak. If anyone else with this jacket could chime in it would be much appreciated. @john galt

On 2018-12-20 at 2:05 AM, MBP12 said:

Just got the isogon mx in and i love it! However when the zipper is fully done up it doesn’t seem to stay fully up. It comes down a couple mm. Is this normal or did i get a faulty one? This zipper also slides up and down much easier than my conduct anorak. If anyone else with this jacket could chime in it would be much appreciated. @john galt

Oops sorry I don't check this place often anymore. Mine has the same issue. It's just due to the smooth nature of a non-watertight vision zip. It bugs me too but I rarely have it zipped all the ways up when layering an Mionn Comp under. Veilance really needs to make the collar more spacious. 

If it's a HUGE problem I'd reach out to Arc and see if they can add "zipper bumps". They're essentially sections of the zip near the top that catch the pull and make it harder to slide. Difficult to see by the naked eye but certainly does make my Atom AR more wearable on the slopes

10 minutes ago, johngalt said:

Oops sorry I don't check this place often anymore. Mine has the same issue. It's just due to the smooth nature of a non-watertight vision zip. It bugs me too but I rarely have it zipped all the ways up when layering an Mionn Comp under. Veilance really needs to make the collar more spacious. 

If it's a HUGE problem I'd reach out to Arc and see if they can add "zipper bumps". They're essentially sections of the zip near the top that catch the pull and make it harder to slide. Difficult to see by the naked eye but certainly does make my Atom AR more wearable on the slopes

thanks brotha! 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, chopstixx said:

Anyone know if it's possible to put a down midlayer under a Field LT? Heard the fit is fairly trim compared to previous iterations, but I've been able to fit one underneath the current Partition LT and am not sure how they compare in fits. 

was able to fit a mionn is underneath comfortably