arcteryx veilance

14 hours ago, shifty said:

I guess I generally don't layer that much except on especially cold days i might wear a thicker flannel and just wear a coat on top of that. I'm replacing a mainline fission ar i've beat up since 2009 (and has served me well), and after digging around im pretty confident that the warmth will be much more comparable for the field IS. Should go without saying, but go TTS/stick with your regular veilance top size on the field is?

As bouncingsould said, warmth is very personal and although I tend to run cold, my experience is similar in that I don't think I really need more than a t-shirt underneath unless the weather is the mid/low 20s. Even with the jacket unzipped, it gets too hot in the high 30s / low 40s. If I go indoor / take the subway, I have no more than 10-15 min before I start to seriously sweat. I live in Canada and the comfort level when it's 20 below is absolutely amazing though. Anyway, all of that to say that the Monitor Down is an awesome cold weather jacket that can definitely fill a space in your winter outerwear rotation, but I am not sure that it's the best everyday jacket. 

33 minutes ago, johngalt said:

Have they announced the price of that thing yet? I'm actually so excited for graphene to hit the mass market. Gonna revolutionize my ski gear

It released last week, I think the link was only sent to those who signed up for the wait list. Sold out now but retailed at $695.

https://www.vollebak.com/product/graphene-jacket-1/?utm_source=Graphene+Master+list

Has anyone ever had issues selling your used Veilance piece? I keep getting weird queries, asking for pit to pit measurement and so on.. Didn't mean to be a snob but won't people want to try in store before buying an item like this, or at least check the official size chart. Guess it's too much to expect people to already know their Veilance size..

Veilance’s size charts on their website are generic body measurements. They don’t give the actual garment measurements. Even the product descriptions are very vague. 

It makes sense that people newer to the brand would ask about sizing. Also they might not know about stockists they could potentially check for measurements. Most likely, if you’re selling on Grailed, they are lazy and don’t want to put in the time lol.

Edited by wexler
Words

I think asking is legit. Where I live there is only 1 stockist available in the whole country. And even for this one it is not well known that he offers Veilance as an addition to mainline Arc. So I can relate to someone asking about measurements. For example, I‘m size m in pretty much everything from Veilance, except the Frame T-Shirt for which I‘m L. And for the pants I‘m altering between 33 and 32 depending on model ...It took me quite some time figuring that out :)

unlike some other brands, veilance is incredibly consistent in sizing compared to other brands. people new to the brand might not know this, hence the requests. "get your usual size" is practically a meme in this thread by now.

On 8/23/2018 at 6:05 PM, Inkinsurgent said:

unlike some other brands, veilance is incredibly consistent in sizing compared to other brands. people new to the brand might not know this, hence the requests. "get your usual size" is practically a meme in this thread by now.

Usual size is less than a constant in my experience. 

EDIT: that being said- it’s nice to know that Veilance is pretty consistent. I get the change in sizing when it comes to different literal styles of clothing, but damn if if it ain’t ridiculous buying a simple fucking t-shirt sometimes nowadays. 

Edited by brainerd666
Stuff and things.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-08-14 at 8:39 AM, sieg said:

Anyone tried CONDUIT LT Jacket and Vest? How's the fit compared with MIONN IS?

The jacket I think might be "slightly" less warm than the Mionn. But I personally feel like buying the Mionn is better for the more unique/better design, you can get many lightweight puffer style jackets imo 

On 2018-08-24 at 8:31 PM, brainerd666 said:

Usual size is less than a constant in my experience. 

EDIT: that being said- it’s nice to know that Veilance is pretty consistent. I get the change in sizing when it comes to different literal styles of clothing, but damn if if it ain’t ridiculous buying a simple fucking t-shirt sometimes nowadays. 

I think it helps I'm the ideal height/weight for Veilance I find it's made for slender and tall people I'm 1.83/72kg or 6'0/160lb in imperial. Across all the pants I'm a 31, jackets I'm a M, Tees I'm also a M. However if you're more muscular in the legs I find it might benefit some people up 1 waist, certain items like the Conduct Anorak some people might also benefit from sizing up if they wish to layer something more than a plain t-shirt. The main complaint I have is the lack of inseam choices for pants, many of their pants are alot more smart/formal looking and would benefit greatly from that, I myself have fairly long legs so the pants don't stack but for alot of people the fit isn't too flattering. As I said earlier too if you have really buff legs you're also screwed often times.

On 2018-08-14 at 11:35 AM, Kasper said:

As bouncingsould said, warmth is very personal and although I tend to run cold, my experience is similar in that I don't think I really need more than a t-shirt underneath unless the weather is the mid/low 20s. Even with the jacket unzipped, it gets too hot in the high 30s / low 40s. If I go indoor / take the subway, I have no more than 10-15 min before I start to seriously sweat. I live in Canada and the comfort level when it's 20 below is absolutely amazing though. Anyway, all of that to say that the Monitor Down is an awesome cold weather jacket that can definitely fill a space in your winter outerwear rotation, but I am not sure that it's the best everyday jacket. 

I personally feel like buying something like a Mionn IS as a mid layer and then buying a monitor/field LT to use as shell might be more beneficial as you get two items for nearly the price of one, and it doesn't look as "bulky" Imo 

On 8/14/2018 at 11:39 AM, sieg said:

Anyone tried CONDUIT LT Jacket and Vest? How's the fit compared with MIONN IS?

almost exactly the same fit. i like the feel of the mionn more but the conduit has a much better warmth to weight ratio 

Edited by 1i1i1ii1

2 hours ago, szg said:

Well, that could throw a wrench into complaints about production in China (at least, after a fashion): https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2018/09/11/business/11reuters-amer-sports-stocks.html

"Amer Sports has received a takeover approach from China's Anta Sports and Asian private equity firm FountainVest Partners"

Not sure if much will change for Veilance as the main company has already been sold  to a conglomerate and the aim to increase margins and DTC business has been pretty plain to see in the moves that have been made overall, but still... this will be interesting to watch. 

On 9/9/2018 at 8:37 AM, 1i1i1ii1 said:

almost exactly the same fit. i like the feel of the mionn more but the conduit has a much better warmth to weight ratio 

As a midlayer, the mionn would be slightly warmer than the conduit paired with a hard shell? Looking for warmth in -20C

10 hours ago, Gradient said:

As a midlayer, the mionn would be slightly warmer than the conduit paired with a hard shell? Looking for warmth in -20C

Neither the Mionn IS Jacket nor the Conduit are going to get you down to -20C (I'd know—I run warm, and even I need more than that below, say, -10). Even if you're wearing a shell.

That being said, the Mionn IS is warmer than the Conduit, at least in my experience. Keep in mind that the Conduit's baffles aren't very thick—the jacket is basically a Cerium SL in terms of warmth. The Mionn IS is a total monstrosity as far as warmth goes.

For -20C though, I'd go with a Monitor Down.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone with field pants check the inside tag for fabric composition? I swear I saw that it was the 52/45/3 poly/nylon/elastane blend, but the inside tag states its the 94/6 nylon/elastane blend. Did AV make a pair that was the 94/6 or is it a misprint? I remember when I bought it though, it came with a Goretex Windstopper tag.

Also, since SS19 is releasing around Feb '19, will the new pieces be on Veilance's official website first? Reason I ask is because it seems like just now that Haven (and some other stores) are releasing FW18 products, though those same pieces are already gone on the official site?

On 2018-09-28 at 5:58 PM, dtradish said:

Can anyone with field pants check the inside tag for fabric composition? I swear I saw that it was the 52/45/3 poly/nylon/elastane blend, but the inside tag states its the 94/6 nylon/elastane blend. Did AV make a pair that was the 94/6 or is it a misprint? I remember when I bought it though, it came with a Goretex Windstopper tag.

Mine are 96/4 as well. I think the 52/45/3 on the lookbook was a typo

On 9/28/2018 at 5:58 PM, dtradish said:

21 hours ago, johngalt said:

Mine are 96/4 as well. I think the 52/45/3 on the lookbook was a typo

13 hours ago, branespload said:

Field Pants are windstopper though, same as Indisce. I think the website copy of 52/45/3 is factual, but the tags have typos. My indisce pant say 94/6% but they are definitely not terratex lol.

I hope y'all are keeping those receipts so when you try to sell/send for repairs in the future there'll be no one screaming "fakes"

26 minutes ago, droffen said:

Had a closer look at https://www.altitude-sports.com/ today. 

Seems that most of new pieces from FW18/19 are not longer made in Canada. 

I know that pants (and at least Nemis jacket from SS18) are already made in China. 

Is this observation correct?

While veilance moving production to China, they still trying to charge twice as much in China. Thinking we’re dumb or what?!

smh

Edited by rogerhuangxj