arcteryx veilance

3 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

kinda happy for my wallet there's nothing in this season i'm excited about. looking forward to ss19.

Little birdie told me that a component overshirt is coming. Interested to see what will be different about it.

yeah i think you could see that one in some of the ss19 pics. A different model shirt made out of the same material as the field overshirt would be great. The field overshirt is one of my all time favourite veilance pieces and i get a shitton of use out of it.

Hi guys. I need help legit checking this Achrom jacket. I just bought and recieved it off Grailed. I payed 600$ incl. shipping.

The reason I think its fake or a factory defect is cause of the white boarder around the collar containing the stow away hood. I have several Veilance pieces and I have never seen this white boarder. Rest of the jacket looks good though, the stitching on the outside and inside is very Veilance-like. Tags are good? At first glance at least, but I need more input on this.

Here is the album: https://imgur.com/a/w1opuUQ 

Edited by Micx

Quick thoughts on the Anneal and the new Graph.

The Anneal fits like a marshmallow, the cuff is weird, and it's really really warm. Also unbelievably light.

The new Graph has the same problem as the Dyadic Hoody: those front pockets sit strangely and make me look like I have a belly. The cut's also wider, and the collar is sort of like the Nemis collar... sort of bacony in the way it ripples...

Not impressed with either.

17 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

The new Graph has the same problem as the Dyadic Hoody: those front pockets sit strangely and make me look like I have a belly. The cut's also wider, and the collar is sort of like the Nemis collar... sort of bacony in the way it ripples...

does it have that tight band at the bottom like the dyadic? or is it less restrictive

Are there people who buy AV to look like the styling on the arc website? I for one appreciate sites like eastdane for their awful styling; better chance things will stick around for sales.

NYCO on voronoi still the same stuff that ages like a fine piss? Any word on how this BURLY(TM) stuff they use in MX pieces might fare? 

Figured I would x-post my thoughts on the new graph cardigan. 

5 minutes ago, Avattoir said:

Are there people who buy AV to look like the styling on the arc website? I for one appreciate sites like eastdane for their awful styling; better chance things will stick around for sales.

NYCO on voronoi still the same stuff that ages like a fine piss? Any word on how this BURLY(TM) stuff they use in MX pieces might fare? 

Despite often wearing full veilance i’ve accepted that i don’t have the target body type of the models they choose so I’ve started to temper my expectations of what the clothes will actually look like when i get them heh. 

Burly double weave should hold up better than the (awful) voronois. it’s more of a soft shell and if it’s anything like the gamma rock pant or gamma lt it should fare much better in the long run 

On 8/3/2018 at 1:08 PM, Avattoir said:

I wear mostly Veilance and guess inadvertently dress like the models on the Arc site. I prefer Veilance for convenience as I can wear it to work and it requires less maintain that it's non-tech contemporaries. The mobility and weather resistance also helps. 

The NYCO is the new Cordura blend that they introduced last season. It's got a sheen and paper like finish in a good way. It ages considerably better than the Voronoi ARs but will still show signs of wear over time. I have Isogon MX which is made from the same Burly DW. I havent had a chance to wear it out but the fabric is similar to the Burly DW on my Gamma LT which has aged very well. If you ask me, on paper the Align MX gives you the best bang for buck on AV bottoms

So for warmth - Align MX or Indisce? 

And the back pockets on the Align MX - are they better than the cargo pockets on the Field pant? I'm not that happy with the Field cargo pockets, even though they have internal organizer pockets.

Edited by Haackk

30 minutes ago, Haackk said:

So for warmth - Align MX or Indisce? 

And the back pockets on the Align MX - are they better than the cargo pockets on the Field pant? I'm not that happy with the Field cargo pockets, even though they have internal organizer pockets.

indisce pant will be warmer because of the gore windstopper. the pockets on the align will be more comfortable than the fields but have similar problems. take this with a grain of salt because i haven’t had the aligns yet but they have the same pockets as the dyadic comp pants which can comfordably store my wallet phone and headphones (something my field pants don’t do as well) but lack any real volume storage (it’s no p24a). 

Whats the temperature range of the monitor down and the field is? I'm based in DC and looking for a new winter jacket, and I'm trying to figure out which would be the better option/if the monitor would be total overkill. I do a fair amount of walking to and from public transit and that wouldn't change in the winter, but if the monitor is really only usable in sub 20ºF temps it might not be the move.

1 hour ago, Brainboy said:

Any insight into what pieces of the collection are made in China instead of Canada?

No way I'm buying the Chinese Veilance at the same price... 

“I’ll spend a thousand bucks on a jacket, but god forbid the company I’m buying from should find a way of saving a bit of money on manufacturing.”

I really don’t get this combative attitude that people have towards the companies they’re buying from. You’re saying Veilance should only move to China if it means prices go down for the consumer? Do you think that’s how the world works? You were going to buy the product anyways; quality is the same, if not better; now Veilance makes more money, which means more Veilance in the future. You do like Veilance... right?

3 hours ago, shifty said:

Whats the temperature range of the monitor down and the field is? I'm based in DC and looking for a new winter jacket, and I'm trying to figure out which would be the better option/if the monitor would be total overkill. I do a fair amount of walking to and from public transit and that wouldn't change in the winter, but if the monitor is really only usable in sub 20ºF temps it might not be the move.

It depend how much your layer and how active you are, but it's a very, very warm coat. Personally, I think it would be a bit overkill for DC weather and I would suggest you get the regular Monitor and perhaps a down vest / coat to wear under when it's really cold as I don't think you would need the down every day. 

8 hours ago, Kasper said:

It depend how much your layer and how active you are, but it's a very, very warm coat. Personally, I think it would be a bit overkill for DC weather and I would suggest you get the regular Monitor and perhaps a down vest / coat to wear under when it's really cold as I don't think you would need the down every day. 

I guess I generally don't layer that much except on especially cold days i might wear a thicker flannel and just wear a coat on top of that. I'm replacing a mainline fission ar i've beat up since 2009 (and has served me well), and after digging around im pretty confident that the warmth will be much more comparable for the field IS. Should go without saying, but go TTS/stick with your regular veilance top size on the field is?

It's very hard to describe the warmth of a coat, as this is very personal thing.  Anyways, I'm wearing the monitor down in winter depending on the temperature and low heat activities (like walking the dog) with just a t-shirt underneath when it's around 0 degree Celsius. For -6 C (which is 20 F) I'd probably add an pullover. Again, for low heat activities.

Regarding your comparison with the fission and field IS think you are pretty on point.

Go TTS.