arcteryx veilance

What is the black like on the Graph? I have it in Ash and it is one of the favorite things in my wardrobe due to the subtle greens/purples that come out in different lighting. Does the black still have a bit of a sheen like that?

2 hours ago, wrl said:

What is the black like on the Graph? I have it in Ash and it is one of the favorite things in my wardrobe due to the subtle greens/purples that come out in different lighting. Does the black still have a bit of a sheen like that?

It’s a very true black. Not like ash or soot where it can look quite different depending on lighting. There is a sheen on the merino, little to no sheen on the terratex.

In a world where Acronym prices jump every season, Good Guy Veilance keeps prices real. Some highlights from the new stuff:

Conduit LT, ~700CAD

- down midlayer

- 850 fill goose down, with 80 gsm and 40 gsm Coreloft in certain spots for moisture management

- bomber-style collar, like the old Graph Cardigan

Isogon MX, ~700CAD

- hooded softshell, a la Gamma LT Hoody

- Burley Double Weave and Schoeller Dynamic, so four-way stretch throughout

- apparently derived from the regular Isogon, though it looks like it's cut a lot longer

Anneal Down, ~1300CAD

- a short parka with a stormhood; warm af

- Gore Thermium face (that's basically 2L Windstopper bonded to synthetic insulation), with an inner layer of 850 fill goose down, plus 60 gsm Coreloft in the pits probably

- notably not waterproof, but too warm to wear in rainy conditions anyways; depending on the size of the down baffles this could be as warm as (or warmer than) the Node Down

re: FW18

most interested in the non-super-insulated stuff since it hasnt been that cold in NYC. isogon MX seems really cool, and it does appear to be cut longer/not cropped like the SS version:

any opinions on this Mortar color versus black? black is pretty easy to match with other greys and neutral colors but I think this greenish khakish brownish color could still work well with blacks, greys, greens, and reds..

also, RIP the Mionn IS. Not a huge fan of the bomber collar and exposed baffles on the Conduits 

i’m going all in on mortar and alloy. they look so good together and i’ve got enough black at this point. 

really sad about the mionn. easily one of the best jackets veilance has done. i like the conduit quit a bit it will just be a matter of keeping it clean because i’m obviously getting alloy :P 

8 hours ago, branespload said:

also, RIP the Mionn IS. Not a huge fan of the bomber collar and exposed baffles on the Conduits 

3 hours ago, 1i1i1ii1 said:

really sad about the mionn. easily one of the best jackets veilance has done. i like the conduit quit a bit it will just be a matter of keeping it clean because i’m obviously getting alloy :P 

It’ll be back. Hooded one too.

12 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

It’ll be back. Hooded one too.

oh whaaaat. this season?? judging from the fw18 teaser vid i thought both mionns were cut. so hard to make out any detail lol

4 hours ago, branespload said:

oh whaaaat. this season?? judging from the fw18 teaser vid i thought both mionns were cut. so hard to make out any detail lol

The old Mionn IS Jacket is in the workbook--but workbooks sometimes lie, so I'm not gonna say for sure one way or another.

But no way the Mionn will stay dead.

Is it more of a brown, a khaki, an olive, a green? Grey even? It looks like a desaturated, greyish khaki in some photos, very brown/yellow khaki on some Instagram photos, and straight up green in the teaser video.

Had the chance to handle the Isogon MX today. Fits very much like the regular Isogon, but it’s longer and with maybe a bit more room in the arms, presumably for layering.

The four-way stretch in the material is a welcome change for Veilance, and hopefully a sign of things to come; generally Veilance tends to favour structure over drape, and while the Isogon MX is by no means “drapey,” it certainly tends to hang a little more that other pieces. 

10 hours ago, branespload said:

Is it more of a brown, a khaki, an olive, a green? Grey even? It looks like a desaturated, greyish khaki in some photos, very brown/yellow khaki on some Instagram photos, and straight up green in the teaser video.

it’s a VERY odd color, at least in merino. i took this photo to show it in comparison to a few other colors. the pants are veilance khaki, the bag is rick owens and a mid-light brown the bag is a deeper washed out olive green. it’s closest to the olive but with a bit more of a brown undertone. hope this sort of helps hahah. 

also thanks junkie for the info on the isogon! i’m most excited for the align mx pants in that material but might need to look into the full set! 

1C3FB620-236F-4755-BD93-B9F7A189E0F2.jpeg

5 hours ago, johngalt said:

Would you have a Frame in Utility to compare to?

don’t have an in hand comparison but the mortar is distinctly greener and darker. mortar is almost the midpoint between peat and utility but a bit darker. one other note that i’ll mention is so far it has done a GREAT job of sweat management and unlike my ash frame, doesn’t show through in quite such an invasive way haha.