arcteryx veilance

It makes sense that AV will come out with a running capsule, as the designer is a runner, and probably other members of the staff.  The mainline running gear is average at best, which is disapointing given the resources they have.  I really like Satisfy for running clothing, especially the shorts.  its the best stuff I have come across, for short and long distances.

1 hour ago, Kejan said:

The mainline running gear is average at best, which is disapointing given the resources they have.  

Any reason in particular why you say this? I would say some of their stuff is impressive, like the Norvan SL which was at one point the lightest waterproof shell available on the market. 

I would agree. I have Motus tees for running, paddling and cycling. It's so efficient at moving sweat and incredibly quick drying. For how old it is, its amazing I have yet to find a better performance fabric. I will conceded that the shoes suck.

Is Satisfy that good? The branding looks a little silly to me and the prices...

7 hours ago, johngalt said:

Is Satisfy that good? The branding looks a little silly to me and the prices...

Can't say anything about the shorts (which are probably their best piece) but I own a Hoodie and a pair of tights and I am not very convinced about the quality. The Hoodie started pilling after a few weeks, the zipper on the tights broke immediately and the phone pocket also started to loosen. I do like the looks of their stuff, but that is not enough to justify the prices. 

I picked up a black pair of voronois in size 30 from the mr porter sale that I don't plan on keeping. If anyone's interested, I would just charge $228.37 (price I paid) + paypal fees & shipping.

If I don't hear from anyone in a few days, I can ship them back for free.

From my experience, the mainline running gear is similar to Nike stuff, and I have found that it wears out quickly. I would gladly try out the motus tee again if you think it’s that good. I was very interested in purchasing the Norvan SL when it came out, but the salesperson I spoke with said it didn’t breath at all (completely waterproof, but not really what you need for normal conditions).

I haven’t tried Satisfy hoodies or tights, just the shorts, jacket and tees, which are super light and breathable.

The AV running gear will hopefully be amazing, I will definitely try it.  

On 15/06/2018 at 5:14 PM, Inkinsurgent said:

more running gear shots. looks like veilance will have their own shakedry product.

Had a guy from Arc'teryx check through the list of SS19 products, and there wasn't anything that isn't AR, IS, all the labels and product names we know. Looking at these photos, that ain't running gear, either. (Does look like Shakedry, but a coat like that isn't for running.)

So, some updates to the line, a bit of an expansion, and surprise, I was told again that a women's range should be coming soon, is what I'd expect.

(Of course, may well be proven wrong if there is more from Melagence. I'm tempted to blame it on some misunderstanding, though.

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/arcteryx-veilance-ss19

damnnnn

feeling slides 4 (zip polo might be nice, blazer textile is interesting), 5(!!! love the color, texture, materials. interesting isogon and hopefully those are ttex voronois.. grey terratex pants would be sweet), 8 (green apparats yes pls), 14 (jacket is cool)

Edited by branespload

This has probably been answered before, but can anyone comment on the breathability of shakedry compared to that of regular 3L Goretex? Noticeable difference? As much as I adore my Arris I learned very quickly that I cannot actually wear it during the summer rains here in the southeast US without melting...

Edit: Woops. Just read @Kejan's comment above. That sucks. Maybe I can find another solution that looks almost as awesome as Veilance lol.

Edited by stress_waves
incompetence

From what I understand, shakedry is pure performance. It's literally just the GTX membrane. The advantage of Shakedry over 3L is that it has no face fabric, meaning there is nothing to wet-out and the fabric will continuously breathe. Think of it us unlimited DWR. The downside is that it's ugly

Depending on the execution of the Veilance shakedry stuff I think it could come out pretty futuristic and interesting. However, all shakedry jackets I‘ve seen in person so far are ugly. Let’s hope AV changes that.

My biggest technical concern is the vulnerability of the membrane and that it might age quite quickly due to sun and UV exposure... but I think only time will tell.

Not Veilance, but people here might be interested (and I was certainly ready to talk shop there only thanks to you guys): Swiss outdoors/mountaineering equipment maker Mammut will enter that world of urban performance in SS2019 with its "Delta X" collection.

Some pretty cool-looking pieces, some rather funky. If I'm allowed the self-promotion, here's my 'reporting' on that from the Outdoor Friedrichshafen trade fair: 

And yeah, I wore a Component shirt and Blazer LT to that outdoor sports trade fair ;)