arcteryx veilance

2 hours ago, johngalt said:

Praise for the new Apparats. I love the new lighter but suppler fabric. It makes the pant more airy and less constricting

Not to mention it ages better. The old fabric patinas hard while this one I still have yet to see those devilish white marks.

On 3/17/2018 at 1:05 PM, johngalt said:

Can anyone give me a hem measurement of their Medium or Large Mionn IS comp? I want to size down but not sure.

Size large

hem: ~21"

p2p: ~23"

I guess it depends on how you want it to fit. I had a medium. It fit but I didn't like that I couldn't layer under it without looking like a stuffed sausage.

The sleeves on the large are a bit long, but I prefer the roomier fit.

16 minutes ago, branespload said:

Try stuff with higher cotton content, like the Voronoi AR (past season), current Voronoi (not LT shorts), Anode/Anode Comp, and Align.

Any experience with the updated Apparat (50/50)?  i'm guessing it is also a little more substantial/heavy than the Convex LT?  

11 hours ago, thatslapz said:

Any experience with the updated Apparat (50/50)?  i'm guessing it is also a little more substantial/heavy than the Convex LT?  

Much thiner than seasons before. It's slightly thickets than the Convex but the construction doesn't feel like a hybrid anymore. Seriously good.

7 hours ago, WiseFool said:

Can someone who has had experience with Geom SFT kindly chime in? You could drop a note on the fit / comfort / mid layer adaptability / fits etc

Same. This was my grail. I'm glad to hear about any experience 

Came across this and thought it's worth a share. From the brand name that would puzzle store associates to now the outerwear titan, Veilance has certainly come a long way. I can't be feel there more authenticity back in the day, maybe it's just nostalgia. 

Peep the old Field jackets and the god ERLSN in Veilance

conroy and stephen are in there too. 2010-2012 was a magical period in time for acr and av. seeing av drop @290sqm and being blown away by the stealth shirt's pocket config. being able to buy acr at concrete amsterdam. good times.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

On 3/23/2018 at 6:34 AM, WiseFool said:

Can someone who has had experience with Geom SFT kindly chime in? You could drop a note on the fit / comfort / mid layer adaptability / fits etc

I've had one a few months, but only worn it a couple of times so far (summer). It's my usual Veilance size (medium [but I'm a S in mainline Arc'teryx]), I'm a 38 chest but the stuff I've got or had sets medium to be my default size (Mionn blazers in S and M, Blazer LTs in S and L, Anion vest in S, Actuator in M, the shirts (Component and one I can't recall what it is) I've got seem to be okay for me in S tho'. My main fit issues with anything is the width of my back!?!

Anyway the fabric is not too obnoxiously loud (a bugbear of mine, does the Blazer LT fabric ever quiet down?), the sleeves are a little long for me, I don't like the way the collar stands up with the rollaway hood in it (maybe my neck is too short- I'm about 173cm/5'8" and 73kg/162lbs), the smaller of the internal pockets is on the left which is annoying to me. But overall I like it (but I did get it for decently cheap from someone in the same city). Upper arms are pretty roomy, nice patterning. Slight fleece lining, so the Arris or Actuator would be better when you want Goretex and exertion. I can't really see the jacket as a mid layer under something else, 1) I'm in a temperate zone, 2) it has no stretch and the material is closer to the Field Jacket in weight than Goretex Superlight. But I can easily fit a Small Arc'teryx Atom AR as a mid layer- due to the room upper arms. Adaptability wise (which for me is how do I like/enjoy the garment inside for social settings) I'm not so sure- since it's plastic it'll always look a bit raincoaty (but the cut/fit does offset that) and it isn't silent.

No fits, but ask away if you have more questions.

Edited by deadbilly
grammar

It's the isogon and align MX together, i dont think the official color is peat but i forget what it is. anyway man it looks really cool with the storm hood up. i also like the down jacket thats kinda like the achrom at 1:03.

not sure i like all the exposed baffle down stuff going on. towards the end it looks like a node down but the down isnt integrated? the hood isnt insulated.

i wish we couldve seen more of the new graph stuff though

Isogon MX <3<3<3 

I dont believe it's peat but a Golden brown. I have a video of the EU trade show with the colour pallet that I've already shared with some members here.

Fuck the down sweaters. They're actually super cool in what kind of insulation they use and how they're constructed that the video doesn't quite capture, but still ugly. 

Winter gonna be expensive 

4 hours ago, johngalt said:

Isogon MX <3<3<3 

I dont believe it's peat but a Golden brown. I have a video of the EU trade show with the colour pallet that I've already shared with some members here.

Fuck the down sweaters. They're actually super cool in what kind of insulation they use and how they're constructed that the video doesn't quite capture, but still ugly. 

Winter gonna be expensive 

could you please share the colour palette with me? curious about the green looking colour early in the video 

4 hours ago, MBP12 said:

could you please share the colour palette with me? curious about the green looking colour early in the video 

Shoot me a PM

2 hours ago, polarad said:

https://arcteryx.com/us/en/shop/mens/starke-pant

new mainline summer weight apparats - lol

Veilance is turning into premium mainline. Does anyone else thing mainline pants are just ugly and don't fit the Arc'teryx profile