arcteryx veilance

2 hours ago, thatslapz said:

Owners of Field Overshirts - do all of your cobrax buttons have the same amount of "snap" to them?  My lowest button slides in, but doesn't have the same feel as the other buttons.  Not a huge deal, but sometimes I can't tell if I actually buttoned it.  

Take a small precision flathead screwdriver to the button in question on the female side and gently pry the little prong piece upwards. It should snap more securely after that.

8 hours ago, branespload said:

Take a small precision flathead screwdriver to the button in question on the female side and gently pry the little prong piece upwards. It should snap more securely after that.

Thanks! Will try that tonight.

Update: Worked like a charm.  I was applying pressure up and it kind of just popped up into place.  At first I thought I broke it, but now it secures like the rest of the buttons.  Maybe they just missed this step in the factory?  Either way, glad its fully functional now.  

Edited by thatslapz

12 hours ago, thatslapz said:

Owners of Field Overshirts - do all of your cobrax buttons have the same amount of "snap" to them?  My lowest button slides in, but doesn't have the same feel as the other buttons.  Not a huge deal, but sometimes I can't tell if I actually buttoned it.  

I have the same issue – some of them just slide through and can get "unclipped" quite easily. Thanks gents, will give the fix a try as well!

Edited by damagedroid

17 hours ago, thatslapz said:

Thanks! Will try that tonight.

Update: Worked like a charm.  I was applying pressure up and it kind of just popped up into place.  At first I thought I broke it, but now it secures like the rest of the buttons.  Maybe they just missed this step in the factory?  Either way, glad its fully functional now.  

woohoo! tbh it was a fix i sort of stumbled upon myself after noticing a button feeling looser. I'm thinking it just happens with wear/use over time.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162935893848?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162935892544?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

FYI.

Might also throw my Nomin (Gen 1) up later.. Happy bidding.

P.s. I love them, just in need of some cash for rainy days.

Edited by damagedroid

8 minutes ago, scamster said:

anyone that has had or currently owed both, does the sequent fit similar to the apparat? cheers.

The sequent is quite a different cut when compared to the apparat. The Sequent is much wider through the waist and thighs and is much less restrictive overall.

17 hours ago, ivanjanko said:

Only today 20% off Veilance items on eBay, pay by 8:00 PM Pacific Time, with code PSPRING20.

Thanks for the tip. I picked-up a black Nemis I was eyeing for the summer.

Probably not the best deal possible at $270 but I'm happy.

@scamster I usually get a 34 with Veilance and got a 34 for my Sequent. I still had to sinch one button on both sides to have the pants sit nice and stable on my hips. I have yet to find a position where they are at all restrictive

Edited by AnomalousTautology

10 hours ago, AnomalousTautology said:

@scamster I usually get a 34 with Veilanceand got a 34 for my Sequent. I still had to sinch one button on both sides to have the pants sit nice and stable on my hips. I have yet to find a position where they are at all restrictive

Second that. The Sequent isn’t restrictive at all for most movements. The only thing is that, depending on your height, they might be a little short. So it might be a bit uncomfortable to cross your legs or bend your knees extensively when sitting, due to the bottom of the pants slipping up your legs towards your knees. And it might not be the most professional look to have a major gap between the bottom of the pants and the socks when you sit normally, or with legs crossed. Minor gripe, though, and depends on the setting you use them in. 

15 hours ago, AnomalousTautology said:

Has anyone takes a look at the Monitor SL? How is it? it it just the monitor we all know and love made with the same fabric as the isogon?

It's a completely different jacket. New patterning, different fit, and the material isn't the nylon/cotton blend of the Isogon but a 100% nylon weave. The feeling of the material is hard to explain, but I like it a lot. Can't yet comment on the details of the fit, as I haven't had the chance to try it on in my size.

Edited by junkie_dolphin

On 3/6/2018 at 7:46 PM, iamiwas said:

At the outlet store and there’s plenty of nomin and seque bags. $450 and $280 CAD for those interested. One nomin in Ash as well. 

If you're in Europe: The FO in Parndorf also has them. (Not sure of price anymore.) Black Field Jacket recently went down to 600 Euro; Monitor Down are there; quite a lot of merino wool T's...

Can anyone give me some insight as to why there is a fleece material around the armpit/side on the interior of the Mionn IS? I feel like this absorbs more sweat and the jacket starts to smell more quickly. Pic for reference.

IMG_8273.JPG

1 hour ago, wexler said:

Can anyone give me some insight as to why there is a fleece material around the armpit/side on the interior of the Mionn IS? I feel like this absorbs more sweat and the jacket starts to smell more quickly. Pic for reference.

IMG_8273.JPG

For better breathability / heat distribution as underarm area is where it usually gets overheated?

1 hour ago, damagedroid said:

For better breathability / heat distribution as underarm area is where it usually gets overheated?

Thanks, that's kinda what I was figuring. I guess I just run too hot and sweat too much lol.

Edited by wexler

between the convex lt and voronoi lt i prefer the voronoi because it is a much more distinctive design and the fit is perfect for me. however, i do really appreciate the convex for it's brutal minimalism and clean drape.

that said, compared to the canada made nylon voronois i own i don't think the convex warrants a 350 price tag. it's very obviously a MUCH simpler pant to produce, it doesn't have the circular tape patches on stress points that the voronois have, overall the taping looks much less nice and despite all that it's still made in china. i wouldn't pay retail for it again.