arcteryx veilance

8 hours ago, branespload said:

cuff elastic is contrasting instead of tonal, giant sloppy stitches on the inside of the cuff instead of the usual veilance microseam work, inside doesn't look like proper goretex cknit (it's more white instead of the smooth silvery look), seam taping looks bad/i dont see the cool circular reinforcements where seamtape meets, interior stretch pocket is black with blue zipper instead of tonal/white, i dont think the hood of the ebay one has the black suede-esque material where it sits on the neck, the font on the hangtags are bad, the hangtag itself is attached with plastic instead of the stiff black cord thing, there's an extra white tag on the hangtags, the correct color is "Mid Navy" not "Blue" as shown on the tag, etc.

I love nerdy SuFU gets. So far the dead giveaway in most products are the tags and tag positioning.

Terratex Voronoi owners, does this look fishy to you? The grey tag on mine are sew closer to the waist and do not have the black laminate behind. Also the tag looks a little off. 

FjnWUEc.jpgTEVufd4.jpg

On 2/14/2018 at 9:01 PM, Toilettebun said:

That would be my pair and actually the guy who bought it from me put it on grailed again but for $200 more than what I sold it. The reason it delam'd was because I had the pants tapered from the knee to the hem without proper procedure. My tailor added a seam along the back of the leg where it's a bit hidden. Fit wise it worked however the fabric was noticeably affected by the alteration. It delam'd very slightly at first but as time went by as I kept wearing the pants continuously, the delamination got worse.   

Your pair will not delam in any sort of way mine did. Follow similar goretex care instruction if you're wearing it constantly wash at least once a month.   

*He's removed the listing*

What would be the proper procedure for tapering a pair of veilance pants?  I would think you'd need to untape the seam, taper, hem for length, and then retape the new seam?

5 minutes ago, TooAwesome said:

What would be the proper procedure for tapering a pair of veilance pants?  I would think you'd need to untape the seam, taper, hem for length, and then retape the new seam?

I believe that might be the proper procedure but I can't confirm I am neither a pattern maker or understand how to sew with windstopper laminate. All I know is adding a new seam is definitely not the way to go

On 2/20/2018 at 7:45 PM, johngalt said:

I love nerdy SuFU gets. So far the dead giveaway in most products are the tags and tag positioning.

Terratex Voronoi owners, does this look fishy to you? The grey tag on mine are sew closer to the waist and do not have the black laminate behind. Also the tag looks a little off. 

yeah, looks sus. grey tag is weird, material looks weird, hangtag looks wrong, cord to attach hang tag looks wrong. i might be wrong but i think the color is dark navy not just navy

also, here is an interview w/ taka. so far the rumors we know r conroys back for ss19 onwards, the'yre working on shoes (boots to start, not leather), and expanding the bag lineup, so probably different nomin sizes/styles

http://gearpatrol.com/2018/02/22/arc-teryx-veilance-taka-kasuga-interview/

1 hour ago, branespload said:

the'yre working on shoes (boots to start, not leather), and expanding the bag lineup, so probably different nomin sizes/styles

It's important to remember that the reason they don't just come out and say "we're working on X" is because sometimes they're working on it, but it doesn't work. Sometimes it fails and they have to put it aside for a while. The very first season of Veilance was supposed to have an accompanying side-bag. Obviously that didn't come together in time—and then it never came together. They're probably looking at all sorts of things right now... expanding the Nomin line, working with film-out Gore-Tex, using different materials for wallets and other carry goods... but we probably won't see half that stuff, just because of how the design process is.

has anyone tried on the apparat pant with the 50/50 nyco material update? i already have a pair of convex pants, so if anyone's tried on both and can comment on fit differences, that would be cool. i find the convex snug around the quads, but has a good amount of stretch to accommodate. just worried it will be restrictive if i get the apparat in the same size. thanks!

On 2/20/2018 at 10:53 AM, branespload said:

cuff elastic is contrasting instead of tonal, giant sloppy stitches on the inside of the cuff instead of the usual veilance microseam work, inside doesn't look like proper goretex cknit (it's more white instead of the smooth silvery look), seam taping looks bad/i dont see the cool circular reinforcements where seamtape meets, interior stretch pocket is black with blue zipper instead of tonal/white, i dont think the hood of the ebay one has the black suede-esque material where it sits on the neck, the font on the hangtags are bad, the hangtag itself is attached with plastic instead of the stiff black cord thing, there's an extra white tag on the hangtags, the correct color is "Mid Navy" not "Blue" as shown on the tag, etc.

Thanks for the tips!  One thing to note though is that the tonal interior pocket seems to be a recent addition?  I found these pics of I'm assuming older versions of the Arris with a contrasting interior pocket.  The ebay one is way off though, with a black interior pocket instead of a blue one.

From Norse

arcteryx-veilance-arris-jacket_580x690c.

From Haven

Arcteryx-Veilance-Spring-Summer-2016-Jan

Has anyone tried layering the Sequent LTs over the Dyadic comp pants?

I feel like it would be a cozy combo on chilly days or nice to have the Squents in the bag in case of rain

EDIT: Thought this was a Barneys exclusive https://www.norsestore.com/commodity/26513-arcteryx-veilance-patrol-down-coat

Edited by johngalt

On 2/27/2018 at 3:01 PM, TooAwesome said:

Thanks for the tips!  One thing to note though is that the tonal interior pocket seems to be a recent addition?  I found these pics of I'm assuming older versions of the Arris with a contrasting interior pocket.  The ebay one is way off though, with a black interior pocket instead of a blue one.

Ah yeah, that's probably the first arris from 2016 which was Dark Navy. not sure how 2017's Mid Navy's interior looked. good catch tho. lemme download this new trivial knowledge to my brain lol

13 hours ago, johngalt said:

Has anyone tried layering the Sequent LTs over the Dyadic comp pants?

I feel like it would be a cozy combo on chilly days or nice to have the Squents in the bag in case of rain

EDIT: Thought this was a Barneys exclusive https://www.norsestore.com/commodity/26513-arcteryx-veilance-patrol-down-coat

i mean, you probably could, I think the inseams are about the same. It's just extremely overkill to wear like $1000+ worth of pants haha. The Dyadic Comps should be able to hand some rain regardless, and if it were really pouring you'd be sure to wear the Sequent. I find it hard to come up with a situation where you'd need both or where uniqlo heattech under the sequent wouldn't suffice. But then again, we're talking designer goretex pants and $500 sweatpants

re: patrol color, that SMU is prob the same situation as the monitor down with the heathered poly "wool" face fabric. it's a special colorway that's exclusive to some account (in the monitor down it was exclusive to the flagship popup, then for that frenzy app thing during the trade show, now it's widely available), then probably over time becomes.. not as exclusive

anyway, ive been traveling and love the Roam collection or whatever. dyadic comp hoody and pants is warm enough for the plane, cozy, lots of storage, not too hot, terratex hood stops even moderate rain, etc. my only thing is it's not the most packable and the terratex makes it feel a little heavier. it does, however, make it feel psychologically durable enough to wear on its own. outlier's doublefine merino hoodie is much more cozy though, but it does feel too delicate. heres a fit pic.

JNy2oOk.jpg

at first, i was disappointed with the comp hoody cuz i really wanted to layer it underneath a lot of stuff. ive been using it under my achrom and quoin jacket but the terratex makes it a little heavy as a midlayer (just feels.. not right). and the length sticks out under shorter jackets like the mionn IS and achrom IS, so it looks silly. but on its own in like 50F+ it's really cool. probably starting to become my favorite piece from this drop, like field OS was for me last year.

1 hour ago, Nebulae said:

There was some discussion about the new Field LT Jacket being cut quite slim a while back but was there ever a consensus about sizing? Measurements on Haven make it seem very very slim, enough to size up. 

I remained TTS (M in my other veilance pieces) and was even able to fit an atom LT underneath it at haven comfortably 

Edited by Toilettebun

On 3/1/2018 at 1:07 PM, Nebulae said:

There was some discussion about the new Field LT Jacket being cut quite slim a while back but was there ever a consensus about sizing? Measurements on Haven make it seem very very slim, enough to size up. 

Honestly sizing up isn't a bad idea. When I tried it on, I could barely move my arms. They've removed the shoulder gusset-fold things and leaning your arms forward is impossible. I do have a broad chest but my Arris doesn't give me trouble of the sort

Since the odd question pops up here and there, I'll address all the changes: 

• Vislon zipper
  • No zippers on the hand pockets
  • cuff adjusters gone, internal gasket similar to Mionn implemented 
  • Hem pocket flaps not full open
  • Shit fit
  • internal pocket config changed

@branespload

You´d recommend the dyadic hoody then? Been eying the for a couple of weeks now and thought it could possibly be a lightweight jacket for mild temperature.

@ all: Did anyone of you consulted the AV customer service for a replacement for the elastic cuffs on an actuator jacket?

Edited by bogomir

7 hours ago, bogomir said:

@branespload

You´d recommend the dyadic hoody then? Been eying the for a couple of weeks now and thought it could possibly be a lightweight jacket for mild temperature.

@ all: Did anyone of you consulted the AV customer service for a replacement for the elastic cuffs on an actuator jacket?

I got a new Arris jacket as a replacement for my Actuator jacket. Reason was the elastic at cuffs and waist. 

Edited by droffen

2 hours ago, droffen said:

I got a new Arris jacket as a replacement for my Actuator jacket. Reason was the elastic at cuffs and waist. 

file

i somewhat can not access the page related to that file.

I´ve considered to keep the actuator as it´s still in decent condition especially after the grangers treatment, just except the cuffs aren´t elastic anymore (SS14 Model). It would be quite the hassle for me to get the replacement done by arcteryx (shipping etc.) so i´ve been debating with myself if it´s worth it or not.

Is the arris a good compromise? I have no idea if anyone of you actually buys mainline arcteryx clothes, but could you make it work to wear a down vest (cerium) underneath the arris? The actuator isn´t as multi-purpose as i wish therefore it´s only suitable for warmer temperature since i can only fit a T-Shirt/ LS Shirt underneath.

Thanks

The ‚file‘ was a mistake. There was nothing behind it.

The Arris is a much better jacket, better Goretex Version and better cut in my eyes.

I think a Cerium vest in same size from Arc main line will not really fit underneath the Arris. One size smaller might work.

I use the Quoinn vest instead.

Some thoughts on the Field pant:

The Field pant is easily the most constricting pair of pants I own in terms of ease of movement. I don't know if that says more about my collection of pants (which consist mainly of Acronym and super wide fitting denim and fatigue pants) or the cut of the Field pants. Allthough it is stated on Veilance page that the cut is articulated, this can't be to a major extent. There aren't any visible seems that point to articulation in the knees that I can find, for example.

Regarding the cargo pockets, they are surprisingly big. But it's not that comfortable to fill them up with stuff, seeing that the pockets are 'built in' under the face fabric of the pants. Compared to the Acronym P10A, where the cargo pockets are constructed on to the face fabric of the pants, this makes objects in the Field pant cargo pockets press on the thighs, where the P10As don't have that same problem at all. Maybe it's unfair to compare those pants seeing that the construction of the cargo pockets are that different, but it's something I quickly noticed when first trying the Field pant on. I guess the Field pant 'built in'-style cargo pocket is the most common cargo pocket around, so most pants with cargo pockets offer the same feeling when stuffed. 

The material is pretty interesting. Allthough I was hoping the knit lining would add some more warmth for the cold winter. The material reminds me of a thinner version of the mainline Gamma AR-pants that I own. Both in handfeel and stretchiness.

Visually the pants are super sleek and clean, so they look very on point. 

18 minutes ago, Haackk said:

Some thoughts on the Field pant:

The Field pant is easily the most constricting pair of pants I own in terms of ease of movement. I don't know if that says more about my collection of pants (which consist mainly of Acronym and super wide fitting denim and fatigue pants) or the cut of the Field pants. Allthough it is stated on Veilance page that the cut is articulated, this can't be to a major extent. There aren't any visible seems that point to articulation in the knees that I can find, for example.

very interesting. how did you size? i went +1 from my TTS and they are probably one of the most comfortable pants i own. the windstopper (to me) is far more conducive to movement than a lot of the other items in my wardrobe. 

i mostly agree about the pockets even with a looser fit. i haven’t had issues utilizing the organizer pocket inside and that fits very comfortably. the main pocket I usually just use in a pinch. 

I agree about the warmth. i think the thought process was similar to not giving the monitor lined pockets. they make it slightly less optimized to winter to allow for more wear in warmer weather. just a theory though. 

I would reason comparing wide fit pants to a slim cargo like the Field isn't the most fair. You're right, the pant doesn't have much articulation beyond the crotch gusset, which does extend to the thighs and adds some shape. I don't feel constricted wearing these as compared to my other Veilance pants. I went TTS and they're very comfortable, though the back rise could be a little higher.

The pocket bags are cut with quite some volume and if you keep you load light, you'll be good. I don't think the intention was every to accommodate 3 boxes of Poky and a bag or Cheetos. The size I assume was more for a small notebook or tech. The organizer pocket I use for by ID card.

I'm glad they're not a super warm fabric like Fortius. The light weight makes the pants better suited for a broader gamut of weather. I'll wear  merino long johns on colder days

I might have given off too much of a negative vibe regarding my opinion on the Field pant. I actually really like them, and they might turn out to become one of my favourite pants. I just had some comments on how my own expectations of the garment didn't match the actual garment.

I went TTS. And it's not that the pants are that constricting per se, it's more that compared to most of my other pants, which are articulated or wide fitted, I can bend my joints and not notice the limitations of wearing pants. I completely agree that it's not fair to compare the Field pants with wide fitting pants, of course. It's just that it says that they're articulated, but they're really not that articulated. I wasn't expecting anything like the P10A's, or anything, which are super articulated. 

The only other Veilance pant I own is the Sequent, and it is cut slightly wider in the hips and thighs, but is shorter in length. This makes the bottom of the pants rise up pretty high on my leg when crossing my legs, for example. 

Regarding the cargo pockets - I have an Iphone 6 plus, which is huge, and the pockets don't accommodate it in the best way. It feels kinda awkward having it in there. But again - it doesn't fit in most other pockets either, so... But coming to think of it, I think most other cargo pockets are built military style on the outside of the facefabric so they can accommodate more stuff and expand. So what I said earlier isn’t quite correct, I think. I guess I just find it a little strange to have such voluminous pockets that aren’t that comfortable filled up. 

Edited by Haackk

On 23/02/2018 at 5:29 PM, damagedroid said:

Anyone interested in buying used Operand Shirts or Dyadic Sweater please check the market page.. And please feel free to send me offers or price suggestions as I'm not quite sure what's reasonable.. Cheers!

I posted them on eBay with real pictures.. You should be able to find them with keywords or please just message me and I can send you the link. Cheers chaps.

1 hour ago, johngalt said:

Hey does anyone remember a Frame tee in this blue? Especially in a LS? I've seen a lot of them pop up on Grailed here and there 

looks kinda fake tbh. the tag says "mid navy" which shouldn't be nearly as bright/vibrant as the one shown (unless it was a color from way way back). if you're thinking of buying it on grailed tho, definitely get em to take a pic of the model number and sku on the white tag, and get your local arc store to check it over.