arcteryx veilance

I'm a little late to this but my pair of field pants came in today. Hopefully this helps clear up any more sizing questions. Peat field pants sz 33 (bottom) and black indisce sz 32 (top); pretty close to identical waist width. 

IMG_7304.JPG

Yeah go TTS. I mainly use it to layer under something roomy with a smooth interior like my Node Down. Worn alone it's fine since it's more of an overshirt cut. The most restricted part of the cut is probably the chest. But I only experience that if I'm opening my chest wide like when sliding my arm through a jacket, the zero snaps pop open lol.

That said I don't like it the best as an outer layer because no hand pockets when it's chilly and I worry about pilling the wool if I wear a bag.

47 minutes ago, hslhs said:

Anyone has experience with the new partition jacket? Same gortex material? The removal hood seems like a good feat. 

had some in-store experience. its c-knit gore-tex so it feels like the conduct or arris material wise. although the removable hood is nice, i dont love the collar personally and would rather pay a bit more to get the monitor coat because i like the look and feel more. also despite not being a gore-snob i do think the $200 difference for gore-tex pro is worth it. 

Some thoughts on this season:

The Field LT feels like a completely different jacket compared to the previous version. It waaaay slimmer, no drawcord, etc... but even the shoulder feels different to me. Just sad it’s not in green.

The Partition LT is much improved from the previous version. The old one was very conservatively cut—like an old British raincoat. Unless you’re Alec Guinness or Gary Oldman I’ll think you’ll like the newer version more. I’m looking forward to the Partition AR in the fall—it’ll be Gore-Tex Pro rather than c-knit.

The Isogon still has absolutely no stretch—a weird, boxy, somewhat unforgiving fit. I had to size up because apparently the “Veilance Man” doesn’t have biceps or something. Nicest hood ever though.

Fuck the hype. C-knit pants were never a good idea. The Convex LT pants are the stars of this season, pants-wise, in my opinion. Comfy as hell, really light and stretchy, and the pockets are really nice. Would go well with the Blazer LT.

The Dyadic Comp Hoody is patterned really strangely. The shoulder almost seems constructed to make bringing your arms forward uncomfortable—something about the yoke. Plus the body is really wide compared to the Graph, the fabric is thinner and lighter, but for some reason they still put zip pockets on the front, so the whole thing ends up hanging a little bulky and boxy. Not a fan, even though I was most hyped for this one.

I have yet to see the Monitor SL—Haven doesn’t have it in stock, nor does my local dead bird. Maybe they’ll be rolling them out later in the season? Still have no idea what the material is going to feel like.

Edited by junkie_dolphin

30 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Some thought on this season:

The Field LT feels like a completely different jacket compared to the previous version. It waaaay slimmer, no drawcord, etc... but even the shoulder feels different to me. Just sad it’s not in green.

Could you comment on how slim this is compared to Arris? Would you recomend to size up like with Mionn?

Edited by Micx

2 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

...Fuck the hype. C-knit pants were never a good idea. 

Do you mind elaborating a bit? I have dreamt about good looking waterproof pants for years. Where do they fall short, in your opinion?  

18 minutes ago, Haackk said:

Do you mind elaborating a bit? I have dreamt about good looking waterproof pants for years. Where do they fall short, in your opinion?  

Gore-Tex is better than a plastic bag, but it's still sweaty as hell—even c-knit. Plus it's noisy, it creases easily, it has little or no stretch, and I've found the knit on the inside of the material tends to snag body hair every now and then. In the end I guess you just have to ask yourself: why are you trying to stay dry? Keeping your core safe from convection is a perfectly reasonable goal—too much rain, even on a warm day, can lead to problems with body temperature—but the legs? I'd much rather wear softshell pants.

7 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

The Partition LT is much improved from the previous version. The old one was very conservatively cut—like an old British raincoat. Unless you’re Alec Guinness or Gary Oldman I’ll think you’ll like the newer version more. I’m looking forward to the Partition AR in the fall—it’ll be Gore-Tex Pro rather than c-knit.

Fuck the hype. C-knit pants were never a good idea. The Convex LT pants are the stars of this season, pants-wise, in my opinion. Comfy as hell, really light and stretchy, and the pockets are really nice. Would go well with the Blazer LT.

The Dyadic Comp Hoody is patterned really strangely. The shoulder almost seems constructed to make bringing your arms forward uncomfortable—something about the yoke. Plus the body is really wide compared to the Graph, the fabric is thinner and lighter, but for some reason they still put zip pockets on the front, so the whole thing ends up hanging a little bulky and boxy. Not a fan, even though I was most hyped for this one.

kinda making me want a field LT or partition LT but i really dont need any more shells lol

tbh, sequent pants are kinda whatever. maybe if you can get a good fit it's worth it? zippered flapped hand pockets arent the most comfortable either, but I get that they're the most waterproof construction

can you compare the fit of convex LT to voronoi in terratex?

just tried the dyadic comp hoody actually. the black one has like.. a beige merino interior. I don't know if it's the shoulder articulation that makes bringing up the arms weird, but when I bend my elbows and raise them to shoulder height (think like a front squat with a barbell), its tight/pulls on the tips of my elbows. really weird. the body doesn't feel wide compared to the graph to me, maybe the cardigan, but not the sweater. i also dont feel the dyadic series is that light. for some reason they feel pretty heavy actually. i dont find it hangs bulky or boxy though. i was most hype for this but it's kinda just whatever. it is very very similar to my slocan hoody from mainline but heavier lol

1 hour ago, branespload said:

kinda making me want a field LT or partition LT but i really dont need any more shells lol

tbh, sequent pants are kinda whatever. maybe if you can get a good fit it's worth it? zippered flapped hand pockets arent the most comfortable either, but I get that they're the most waterproof construction

can you compare the fit of convex LT to voronoi in terratex?

just tried the dyadic comp hoody actually. the black one has like.. a beige merino interior. I don't know if it's the shoulder articulation that makes bringing up the arms weird, but when I bend my elbows and raise them to shoulder height (think like a front squat with a barbell), its tight/pulls on the tips of my elbows. really weird. the body doesn't feel wide compared to the graph to me, maybe the cardigan, but not the sweater. i also dont feel the dyadic series is that light. for some reason they feel pretty heavy actually. i dont find it hangs bulky or boxy though. i was most hype for this but it's kinda just whatever. it is very very similar to my slocan hoody from mainline but heavier lol

Convex LT fits much slimmer around the thigh + seat area, minimal/no knee bagging and less tapered than the voronois

10 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Gore-Tex is better than a plastic bag, but it's still sweaty as hell—even c-knit. Plus it's noisy, it creases easily, it has little or no stretch, and I've found the knit on the inside of the material tends to snag body hair every now and then. In the end I guess you just have to ask yourself: why are you trying to stay dry? Keeping your core safe from convection is a perfectly reasonable goal—too much rain, even on a warm day, can lead to problems with body temperature—but the legs? I'd much rather wear softshell pants.

I guess the usefulness of gore tex pants depends on where one lives. Where I live the temperature fluctuates between 0 and 15 celsius most of the year, with a lot of heavy rain. I'm not particularly fond of hauling an umbrella around with me, so I've scoured the web for good looking waterproof pants for years. All my Acronym and Outlier pants take at least an hour to dry when first soaked, which isn't very practical. That's why the Sequent pants really look interesting to me. Then there's the question of how they feel when you're inside in room temperature for a long period of time. I'll just have to buy a pair and test, I guess.

5 hours ago, Toilettebun said:

Convex LT fits much slimmer around the thigh + seat area, minimal/no knee bagging and less tapered than the voronois

shit, that's the reverse of what i was hoping for fitwise. guess ill find out when they arrive.

9 hours ago, 03lab said:

I still don’t understand why the gore-tex pants are cropped. 

I'm 5'9" and the 32s fit regular length for me, guess I got lucky because I didn't want cropped pants.  Agreed the zipped flap front pockets aren't the greatest.  As for use case I don't know, it's just nice not to get wet in the rain lol.

Also forgot to mention these would make great travel pants for those that like to travel light since the C-Knit packs down tiny. 

Edited by thatslapz

On 2/5/2018 at 3:09 AM, Haackk said:

I guess the usefulness of gore tex pants depends on where one lives. Where I live the temperature fluctuates between 0 and 15 celsius most of the year, with a lot of heavy rain. I'm not particularly fond of hauling an umbrella around with me, so I've scoured the web for good looking waterproof pants for years. All my Acronym and Outlier pants take at least an hour to dry when first soaked, which isn't very practical. That's why the Sequent pants really look interesting to me. Then there's the question of how they feel when you're inside in room temperature for a long period of time. I'll just have to buy a pair and test, I guess.

On 2/5/2018 at 12:30 PM, thatslapz said:

I'm 5'9" and the 32s fit regular length for me, guess I got lucky because I didn't want cropped pants.  Agreed the zipped flap front pockets aren't the greatest.  As for use case I don't know, it's just nice not to get wet in the rain lol.

Also forgot to mention these would make great travel pants for those that like to travel light since the C-Knit packs down tiny. 

Does nobody wears the longer rain  jackets/ trench coats anymore? Any thoughts or reviews of the Doeln coat, Indisce 3/4s, Mionn 3/4s etc? 

Guys, dumb question here:

According to usage descriptions on Grangers' Performance Wash bottle, "One 50 ml capful" will do a large item, or two smaller items.

So if I want to wash a pair of Indisce Pants together with a Field Jacket, do I pour a wholesome amount of 100 ml? I've been doing so but felt a bit unsure, as in, do I pour 200 ml of the detergent if I wanna wash 4 pieces of shells?

P.s. Can anyone let me know how much a used-once Dyadic Sweater (SS 17) is worth if you have sold one before?

Edited by damagedroid

3 hours ago, damagedroid said:

Guys, dumb question here:

According to usage descriptions on Grangers' Performance Wash bottle, "One 50 ml capful" will do a large item, or two smaller items.

So if I want to wash a pair of Indisce Pants together with a Field Jacket, do I pour a wholesome amount of 100 ml? I've been doing so but felt a bit unsure, as in, do I pour 200 ml of the detergent if I wanna wash 4 pieces of shells?

Just got the reply from Grangers and thought I'd post it here in case anyone is wondering about the same question:

"Thank you for your question. You are correct, to wash your hardshell trousers and a hardshell jacket together in the same wash, you will need 100ml of Performance Wash.

For 4 items in the cycle you will require 200ml."

Edited by damagedroid