arcteryx veilance

4 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

field lt in stone is peak veilance. would've loved the field shirt in that colorway instead of in ash.

weird, it looks so much lighter on haven's site. almost like mineral. it's still lighter than ash but its not a cool as mineral from what i remember. i think the lighting being so bad at the liberty fairs venue is messing w/ my expectation of the color

the ash here looks closer to soot

3 hours ago, Nebulae said:

What about dyadic pants colorways?

black and ash. i like ash more because you can really see the comp construction. i got the ash ones on the way and some travel coming up. i just hope theyre durable lol

anyone else notice they're using a different seam taping technique on the pants? Less tape-y and more conformal.

edit also holy fuck on the close up shots in haven the taping looks sloppy as fuck.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

18 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

anyone else notice they're using a different seam taping technique on the pants? Less tape-y and more conformal.

edit also holy fuck on the close up shots in haven the taping looks sloppy as fuck.

Not a huge fan of the black tape on some items, doesn't look sloppy though.

Did haven only get 32's for the Convex LT pant? Or have they really sold out that quick..

Edited by iamiwas

18 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Which ones? They all look pretty standard to me.

maybe my wording was a bit too strong but the detail shots of the convexes seem to have tape that's already loose at the edges

is the align longer in the inseam than previous seasons?

Edited by Inkinsurgent

On 1/19/2018 at 3:38 AM, branespload said:

To add to this…

My Peat Graph sweater is more desaturated and greycast. IIRC the Peat Partition AR was like.. definitely brown. lol

Ash is pretty consistently mid-grey with a slight purplecast on my Nemis, Field OS, and Graph Cardigan.

Soot on the Frame tee is definitely deep medium grey, but on the Indisce pant it's lighter and greener. On my monitor coat Soot looks more purple/grey to me similar to the ash but darker

damn i want that peat graph, got fit pics?

Just got my first pair of chinese-made apparats, and the initial impression is... not good.

They feel noticeably cheaper, the fabric is unpleasantly rough and the zippers on the cargo pockets are extremely difficult to open and close. Who knows, maybe they will last longer, but not off to a great start.

Slightly less irritated edit: above concerns aside, construction seems fine. I don't think I've ever had a pair of apparats last longer than 6 months, so I can't pretend this is a new issue. If these don't fall apart I'll consider them an improvement.

Edited by tv_ice

I own or have owned the Voronoi, Voronoi AR (1st and 2nd version), Voronoi short, Apparat (CA made and CN made), Apparat short, Indisce, Anode Comp, Liminal, Align, Sequent LT. I haven't had the crotch blow out on any. In fact, I've worn 2 pairs of Voronoi AR's (FW 16) quite tight (pork and beans hugging) for going on a year now, 2-3 times a week, without issue. What are you guys doing that is destroying your Veilance pants? Are people going on jogs and hikes with their Veilance gear? I can see that biking will destroy it, but come on, it's like 4oz cloth—it could be made from cordura or some other super abrasion resistant material and it would still get destroyed at 135gsm.

Edited by CARLOOA

I was going through some older stuff and ended up gifting an older veilance graph sweater in boron grey (2012/13) to a friend as it no longer fit me, but I kind of wish they stuck will the full wool body instead of the merino/nylon blend they have in the current iteration. Felt like a true wool sweater instead of a lighter sweat shirt.

@CARLOOA not sure if I'm just unlucky, or a particularly aggressive walker, or maybe it's my big booty. I spend most of my time sitting in the library, so I'm not doing anything too extreme. Though I do think the durability has gotten a bit better in later seasons. For whatever reason I've never had any issues with my apparat shorts either. (And, at the end of the day, everything that's failed has been replaced - so I can't really complain)

My Voronoi AR from fw13 blew out spectacularly on the inner thighs after ~3 years and veilance said they were too worn to qualify for warranty (even though I vaguely remember some of you guys had issues with durability of the fabric on that version, and veilance knew about it), but I thats the only pair that i've ever had an issue with.

I walk ~5 miles a day and rotate between veilance pants during the workweek, and there are minimal signs of wear on stuff that i've had for years. All the veilance pants I have experience with are cut for ease of motion since most of them don't have stretch, and I can't imagine how some of you guys put so much stress on the pants. Maybe everyone who has had an issue has found this thread and posted about it?

2 hours ago, AnomalousTautology said:

Has anyone got a pair of Dyadic pants yet? What do you think of them?

I want to like them, but I can't shake that they are more or less a pair of very expensive sweatpants.

they are more or less an expensive pair of sweatpants

i brought them for a business trip, they're very comfy next to skin. psychologically it makes me feel like they arent that durable but i mean, it probably is, since it's terratex on the lap and seat.

it's easy to admire the pant when you're not wearing them. the composite construction is awesome, how it can feel comfy next to skin but strong on the outside. the discreet zippered cargo pockets with internal organization, the adjustable waist, the bemis bonded cuff.. also the inseam fits me well.

i sized up to 29 and it's perfect for me, since they seem to be cut pretty slim. actually, i sized up and the thigh is even a little snug. depends on the look you want I guess, kinda like the field pant maybe. here are some pics. i cuffed these once, inwards, and have the waist cinched fully.

1HGqh6l.jpg

atxgbLm.jpg

l5oQzfS.jpg

dwJkwwZ.jpg

hXivqQt.jpg

6TisdmL.jpg

28 minutes ago, branespload said:

they are more or less an expensive pair of sweatpants

i brought them for a business trip, they're very comfy next to skin. psychologically it makes me feel like they arent that durable but i mean, it probably is, since it's terratex on the lap and seat.

it's easy to admire the pant when you're not wearing them. the composite construction is awesome, how it can feel comfy next to skin but strong on the outside. the discreet zippered cargo pockets with internal organization, the adjustable waist, the bemis bonded cuff.. also the inseam fits me well.

i sized up to 29 and it's perfect for me, since they seem to be cut pretty slim. actually, i sized up and the thigh is even a little snug. depends on the look you want I guess, kinda like the field pant maybe. here are some pics. i cuffed these once, inwards, and have the waist cinched fully.

Looks good, how are the cargo's with medium-large objects (i.e. standard bi-fold wallet)?  I have last spring's Aligns, and since they are so slim fitting in the thigh I end up sitting on whatever is in the side pockets and it gets even tighter.  I did go TTS with them though, so maybe sizing up one is the key for more capacity with this style of cargo.  

11 hours ago, thatslapz said:

Looks good, how are the cargo's with medium-large objects (i.e. standard bi-fold wallet)?  I have last spring's Aligns, and since they are so slim fitting in the thigh I end up sitting on whatever is in the side pockets and it gets even tighter.  I did go TTS with them though, so maybe sizing up one is the key for more capacity with this style of cargo.  

pockets seem to be about the same size as the apparat or align. i have found that sizing up is always the way to go with veilance these days. i went tts for my voronoi's last fall and thats the only pant where i haven't regretted it (ARs too small, sized up for field).  

https://cruvoir.com/arcteryx-veilance/17289-monitor-coat-black-black

for some reason they have listed the GTX pro model as the same price as the SL model. I just got it today and I can attest that it is goretex and not just nylon. 

Large is the only one soldout.

Edited by Saint Help
not* instead of now

2 hours ago, Saint Help said:

https://cruvoir.com/arcteryx-veilance/17289-monitor-coat-black-black

for some reason they have listed the GTX pro model as the same price as the SL model. I just got it today and I can attest that it is goretex and not just nylon. 

Large is the only one soldout.

this has been a common issue because the SL is a new model and some retailers didnt update their copy. ssense had the same issue.