arcteryx veilance

Speaking of abrasion resistance, I slid across a few feet of concrete this morning after hitting some ice and laying down my bike. I was wearing the Mionn IS and was pleasantly surprised that there were no rips or tears. Only a small scuff that pretty much came off after wiping with a damp towel.

Edited by wexler
Wording

Here are some quick snaps of the Polytope shirt in Lithos. It's suppose to be a Grey-White but I see it as a light blue. Let me know if I'm going crazy

The material is best described as a stretch poplin 73 Cotton, 23 Nylon and 4% Elastane. This isn't your ordinary Outlier Nyco. The stretch has light resistance but not like leggings. No DWR. After a couple hours of wear, the material is comfortable and very breathable. 

There are two darts in the back for a slimmer fit. The underarm is guested and the sleeves articulated. Prym snaps run the full length of the placket (hidden). Cuffs have two points of adjustment, Prym too. The hem is notched like the Arris and Field OS. 

Overall the finish is excellent for the office and even better for lunch runs on a hot day. 

POUTyRk.jpgmvXkaR8.jpgojNnICf.png

17 hours ago, bouncingsoul said:

Looking good. How tall are you and what size are you wearing?

...from the photos it’s hard to tell if it’s rather grey-white or light blue... I‘d probably tend to call it grey-white.

I'm 5'8 and am wearing a medium. I'm a med is most my other AV tops. I have a broad chest but the Polytope certainly fits slimmer but without the need to size up. The sleeves aren't ridiculously long like my other AV pieces. The length is shorter than your traditional dresshirt and the notch is a nice touch when untucked. 

Yea the colour is confusion. The Lithos Sphere had a blue tint too. I'll try to get pictures of the Black up soon. 

Just went to Uniqlo today to pick up some Airism tees. Under the Polytope I'll never be hot again

in case anyone wanted to see what sz 29, 30" inseam sequent LT looks like on someone who's more like a sz 28, 28" inseam lol

abXvthl.jpg

wgFwg1g.jpg

y8h0y5F.jpg

SRgJmQz.jpg

the pant itself is pretty wide-legged and roomy IMO. I think it's to help with airflow and range of motion since it has no stretch content. it is the most acronym looking veilance thing i have lol. i have it fully cinched here in these pics, but im going to try undoing the leg opening adjustor and cuffing it lol. it gives me some space age workwear vibes with the contrasting cuff

i feel like these need some kind of ultralight moisture wicking base layer if youre gonna wear them in the summer cuz in my experience cknit gets gross when exposed to sweat. i wore them the other day in the rain with heattech leggings and it performed really well. swishy as all hell though

1 hour ago, branespload said:

in case anyone wanted to see what sz 29, 30" inseam sequent LT looks like on someone who's more like a sz 28, 28" inseam lol

The pant itself is pretty wide-legged and roomy IMO. I think it's to help with airflow and range of motion since it has no stretch content. it is the most acronym looking veilance thing i have lol. i have it fully cinched here in these pics, but im going to try undoing the leg opening adjustor and cuffing it lol. it gives me some space age workwear vibes with the contrasting cuff

i feel like these need some kind of ultralight moisture wicking base layer if youre gonna wear them in the summer cuz in my experience cknit gets gross when exposed to sweat. i wore them the other day in the rain with heattech leggings and it performed really well. swishy as all hell though

These look great. Wish I could find more pants with this sort of aesthetic. If only these weren't "swishy." I have a pair of shorts that are obnoxiously noisy and I absolutely cannot stand it.

Edited by nesherman

yeah, it's already up on END for example

https://www.endclothing.com/us/arc-teryx-veilance-isogon-jacket-20962-kh.html

https://www.endclothing.com/us/arc-teryx-veilance-isogon-jacket-20962-bk.html

should retail 500 USD i think. black/ash/khaki. comes in the new 50/50 cotton/cordura nylon instead of 70/30 like before

17 hours ago, branespload said:

Why did you size up, are they not tts? Or for a looser fit?

Edited by 03lab

2 hours ago, 03lab said:

Why did you size up, are they not tts? Or for a looser fit?

they're probably TTS/roomy. depending on the fabric veilance 28 could be loose on me anyway, i dont really have a choice. the smallest size they make now is 29, but this pant and dyadic comp have no beltloops so instead there's a waist and hem adjustor using riri zero snaps similar to how the apparat cuff works. that said, the sequent when fully cinched at the waist still didnt bring it down enough unfortunately.

Not exactly Veilance but the LEAF website has their new products online as I just checked

Some of the stand-outs imo is the very sleek Courier bag that is "capable of carrying a sub-gun platform" with concealed pockets and also the rolling duffle which is an AC2 Duffle (essentially) with a frame and wheels. However, the design is very understated. Check them out here

https://leaf.arcteryx.com/ProductFind.aspx?country=ca&language=en&category=Cross_Functional_Equipment

Both fit into the whole veilance aesthetic imo

Side note: there is a new softshell combo called the Patrol jacket / pant. Interesting how the are cross platforming naming schemes from LEAF to veilance. Wonder if there is any collaboration between the design teams..

Edited by lockandload604

16 hours ago, iamiwas said:

https://www.ssense.com/en-ca/men/designers/arcteryx-veilance

Convex pant and some other items up at ssense.

Well those fit a lot different from the stock pics, let me check this guys measurements..

"Model is 6ft 5" tall and wearing a size 30"

lol

5 hours ago, lockandload604 said:

Not exactly Veilance but the LEAF website has their new products online as I just checked

Some of the stand-outs imo is the very sleek Courier bag that is "capable of carrying a sub-gun platform" with concealed pockets and also the rolling duffle which is an AC2 Duffle (essentially) with a frame and wheels. However, the design is very understated. Check them out here

https://leaf.arcteryx.com/ProductFind.aspx?country=ca&language=en&category=Cross_Functional_Equipment

TYTY. Now who here is active personnel and can hook me up?

35 minutes ago, johngalt said:

TYTY. Now who here is active personnel and can hook me up?

I am actually... haha, I'll see if I can do a group order but they aren't always the easiest

Edit: I believe the rollers will be out for mainline SS18 but the courier looks definitely LEAF, a la the LEAF styled zipper pullies

Edited by lockandload604

Has anyone bought the peat monitor down?  Looks like a great colour but I've only seen them in studio shots. 

Also, do AV's colour vary even though they're called the same name?  The peat monitor down looks different than the peat field pants.  Also, I've seen several shades of soot across their pieces.

4 hours ago, TooAwesome said:

Has anyone bought the peat monitor down?  Looks like a great colour but I've only seen them in studio shots. 

Also, do AV's colour vary even though they're called the same name?  The peat monitor down looks different than the peat field pants.  Also, I've seen several shades of soot across their pieces.

I'll like to know this too. I've actually already pulled the trigger on the Peat Monitor Down, but haven't received it yet..

I loved the look of it in Haven's product shots, but then on AV's site its more a forest green..

Edited by suprastar
added more comments

On 1/17/2018 at 2:19 AM, lockandload604 said:

I am actually... haha, I'll see if I can do a group order but they aren't always the easiest

Edit: I believe the rollers will be out for mainline SS18 but the courier looks definitely LEAF, a la the LEAF styled zipper pullies

That rolling duffle looks like (the?) one they showed at outdoors/sports fairs, as a kind of travel equipment for adventurers/climbers. So, yeah, +1 on how it should also be in mainline

14 hours ago, Nebulae said:

Colors with the same name will vary given the materials are different and probably take on dye differently. My peat voronois had a warmer/orange undertone whereas my peat galvanic is much more muted/brown

Yeah, I have a soot monitor and a “soot” mionn jacket. The soot on the mionn has a greenish/teal tinge to it in certain lighting. Where as the soot on the monitor is definitely a grey. 

To add to this…

My Peat Graph sweater is more desaturated and greycast. IIRC the Peat Partition AR was like.. definitely brown. lol

Ash is pretty consistently mid-grey with a slight purplecast on my Nemis, Field OS, and Graph Cardigan.

Soot on the Frame tee is definitely deep medium grey, but on the Indisce pant it's lighter and greener. On my monitor coat Soot looks more purple/grey to me similar to the ash but darker

6 minutes ago, branespload said:

To add to this…

My Peat Graph sweater is more desaturated and greycast. IIRC the Peat Partition AR was like.. definitely brown. lol

Ash is pretty consistently mid-grey with a slight purplecast on my Nemis, Field OS, and Graph Cardigan.

Soot on the Frame tee is definitely deep medium grey, but on the Indisce pant it's lighter and greener. On my monitor coat Soot looks more purple/grey to me similar to the ash but darker

Is the dress blue or gold?