arcteryx veilance

34 minutes ago, branespload said:

you know im freakin interested in that polytope

but it sounds like its just the component without the merino part or chest pocket

I briefly held the Component and the fabrics appear slightly different. The Polytope is a true stretch poplin, making it excellent for the office. Beyond that, the clean lines and smooth drape are hallmarks of a good everyday shirt. I'll get some pictures up soon.

6 minutes ago, AnomalousTautology said:

@johngalt They still had all the classic greys/blacks in various different shirts when I was there. That was on boxing day though, and a very busy sale

Cool thanks. I'll probably have a friend check it out when the pass by

I picked up a black polytope from the outlet store back in the summer as well.. much slimmer cut than the component shirt, more formal but goes well with the blazer LT.. haven't worn it much yet though. 

Finally received my Black Friday order of the seque tote from eastdane and they shipped me the revised version, pretty stoked on that! 

56 minutes ago, droffen said:

Field LT looks like the Field Overshirt from last Season. So i guess it’s the same cut but with a different fabric(GTX???)

no it's a typo, i dont think the product page is finalized

Field Overshirt will return but in dark navy instead of mid navy. ash and black return

Field LT is like the regular field shell, but it forgoes that textured/rough face fabric for a soft, smooth 40d face. i think it's regular gore 3L, not c-knit. and the top security flak pockets are angled ever so slightly like the haedn overshirt. and i think the back doesn't have the shooting shoulder articulation (dont remember if the old field shell had it either).

@lesteel those are my 3 favorite frame tee colors lol. nice

Edited by branespload

27 minutes ago, branespload said:

no it's a typo, i dont think the product page is finalized

Field Overshirt will return but in dark navy instead of mid navy. ash and black return

Field LT is like the regular field shell, but it forgoes that textured/rough face fabric for a soft, smooth 40d face. i think it's regular gore 3L, not c-knit. and the top security flak pockets are angled ever so slightly like the haedn overshirt. and i think the back doesn't have the shooting shoulder articulation (dont remember if the old field shell had it either).

@lesteel those are my 3 favorite frame tee colors lol. nice

Field LT this season i believe doesn't have the angled pockets or atleast that's what I can see from: http://www.metropolitansociety.co/blog/arcteryx-veilance-ss18

oh i didnt mean angled like the old field LT, just slightly angled compared to the current field IS. i could be wrong since it's ever so slight.

i was comparing it to this: https://images.arcteryx.com/F17/1350x1710/Field-IS-Jacket-Soot.jpg and how the flap looks more horizontal whereas the SS18 one in the metropolitan link looks upswept at the corners

which model? the one w/ the field LT in stone is wearing the new nyco voronoi in ash. guy in monitor SL holding the ash nomin is wearing dyadic comp pant in ash. khaki isogon dude is wearing apparat in isogon. blazer lt in khaki guy is wearing convex LT in khaki. 

I was asking for this one here:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/578d13d9cd0f68eda2665f8e/5973b879a803bb32e798af76/5973b887ebbd1a4c66f4bc62/1500756118399/IMG_0591.jpg

so this seems to be the dyadic comp pant (sorry, i‘m a little slow :D)... however, they look great. I think i‘ll be getting one of those.

25 minutes ago, branespload said:

let's try to stay on the topic of veilance please

in case anyone was curious about how the casing stuff breaks in, here's my card case at 1 year 2 months of carry

https://imgur.com/a/XGvRp

My wife got me one for christmas, I absolutely love how abrasion resistant it is. I considered wallets from Hermes to Tanner Goods and their leather, while supple, seemed really prone to abrasion from light friction. Veilance, AAA+.