arcteryx veilance

so im guessing the frame SS was revised to have the same back yoke construction as the current frame LS, which would eliminate some of the problems people have mentioned here, like it getting too hot from the double layered merino in the summer, or for me, when layering lots of jackets over it in the winter the seams where the extra fabric intersects can feel bumpy/pointy on my back. too bad haven had some guy with long hair covering the new detailing lol

also i hope it's just haven's retouching but it looks like the blazer LT is a true black, or black II, instead of the bluish black you'd see on the made in canada SS terratex pieces. that's always been a minor gripe for me, the black on my terratex stuff isnt really black lol

hoping we can see the dyadic comp hoody in black. that was one of my favorite samples i saw.

40 minutes ago, branespload said:

so im guessing the frame SS was revised to have the same back yoke construction as the current frame LS, which would eliminate some of the problems people have mentioned here, like it getting too hot from the double layered merino in the summer, or for me, when layering lots of jackets over it in the winter the seams where the extra fabric intersects can feel bumpy/pointy on my back. too bad haven had some guy with long hair covering the new detailing lol

also i hope it's just haven's retouching but it looks like the blazer LT is a true black, or black II, instead of the bluish black you'd see on the made in canada SS terratex pieces. that's always been a minor gripe for me, the black on my terratex stuff isnt really black lol

hoping we can see the dyadic comp hoody in black. that was one of my favorite samples i saw.

I just really hope for the dyadic pant soon so I can cross that off my buylist.

14 minutes ago, bouncingsoul said:

Ahh... thanks. So no exciting news on shirts for 2018?

no new shirts this season unfortunately. i haven't gotten a chance to check out FW18 but im hoping there's a proper dress shirt or something in a lighter color. wasnt too big a fan of the operand LS

I think SS18 is exciting because it's showing a real expansion in the line. By now we have so many more pants options, lots of material options and construction (terratex, updated cordura nyco, cknit, merino/terratex/nylon composite, and then windstopper and wool softshell from FW17 if you count those too). IMO it really helps the "systems"-based approach to outfitting veilance. Lots of great shells/outerwear and midlayers, now bottoms, just hoping for dress shirts and shoes lol

2 hours ago, branespload said:

no new shirts this season unfortunately. i haven't gotten a chance to check out FW18 but im hoping there's a proper dress shirt or something in a lighter color. wasnt too big a fan of the operand LS

No new shirts planned for FW18. Just the Operand LS returning; they're not bringing back the Haedn Overshirt, last I heard. Lots of other cool things coming FW18 though, so I'm not mad.

14 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

No new shirts planned for FW18. Just the Operand LS returning; they're not bringing back the Haedn Overshirt, last I heard. Lots of other cool things coming FW18 though, so I'm not mad.

Nice, do you know if there will be new colors for the Operand? Or a straight re-issue of black/peat?

29 minutes ago, Inkinsurgent said:

wait the new voronoi nyco is a cordura brand textile?

sorry no, i don't think so. to clarify, it's 70% cotton, 30% cordura nylon. the lookbook calls it "cotton/cordura twill with DWR"

also the ss18 isogon is now 50/50 cotton/nylon instead of 70/30 cotton/nylon. idk how i feel about that, i kinda liked how cotton-y and organic the isogon felt.

ok apparently the align pant, isogon, and apparat have the 50/50 composition now.

Edited by branespload

it just says "Black" and Khaki, but I'm thinking Black is just Black II. which kinda bums me out since i already got a lot of regular blue-black "Black" from SS16 and prefer Black II to those

5 hours ago, AnomalousTautology said:

Whats with these inconsistent drops? The Sequent pants dropped a while ago, now what looks to me like 60% of a season on Haven. Still nothing on veilance.arcteryx.com

I wonder why?

I'm puzzled too. Doesn't SS typically pop up closer to August

AV also released the SS18 preview video way back? Whats going on?

4 hours ago, branespload said:

sorry no, i don't think so. to clarify, it's 70% cotton, 30% cordura nylon. the lookbook calls it "cotton/cordura twill with DWR"

also the ss18 isogon is now 50/50 cotton/nylon instead of 70/30 cotton/nylon. idk how i feel about that, i kinda liked how cotton-y and organic the isogon felt.

ok apparently the align pant, isogon, and apparat have the 50/50 composition now.

Couldn't agree more, the non-technical feel of the most recent Isogon has led it to become one of my favorite jackets. As long as its not pouring, then it's great as a shell, and I don't have to worry about taking it off indoors or feeling out of place wearing it in a bar because it doesn't 'swish' or have a technical sheen. 

13 minutes ago, jacktru said:

Couldn't agree more, the non-technical feel of the most recent Isogon has led it to become one of my favorite jackets. As long as its not pouring, then it's great as a shell, and I don't have to worry about taking it off indoors or feeling out of place wearing it in a bar because it doesn't 'swish' or have a technical sheen. 

Heard about there will be Monitor SL, but haven't seen it. Since it is SS product (FW shall be Monitor down). Is it dropped or will be in SS19? If it is SS19 then I think I should cop a monitor from last season now..

On 7/20/2017 at 7:05 AM, branespload said:

No that's Partition LT, cknit version of the partition AR I guess with a removable hood. Similar to galvanic.

then my fav pieces, dyadic comp hoodie, dyadic comp sweater

then sequent LT goretex pant and finally casing wallet.

heres a snap of the monitor SL

IMG_6813.JPG

@Chiels ICYMI there's a pic of the sample in Ash. it's like a simplified monitor coat. no chest pocket or anything. also, monitor coat w/ goretex pro is still a thing. black and dark navy for ss18. probably wont change for fw18 since it's a year round piece

Edited by branespload

5 hours ago, branespload said:

@Chiels ICYMI there's a pic of the sample in Ash. it's like a simplified monitor coat. no chest pocket or anything. also, monitor coat w/ goretex pro is still a thing. black and dark navy for ss18. probably wont change for fw18 since it's a year round piece

Is the new Monitor SL still GTX?

5 hours ago, branespload said:

Is the new Monitor SL still GTX?

1 hour ago, drgitlin said:

I wish they're reissue the Component shirt.

There were a few on Boxing Day at the North Vancouver factory store, picked one up. I had forgotten just how nice they are.

Edited by AnomalousTautology

6 hours ago, AnomalousTautology said:

There were a few on Boxing Day at the North Vancouver factory store, picked one up. I had forgotten just how nice they are.

Do you know if they have any left. What colours?

I have a Polytrope shirt if anyone is interested in a review