arcteryx veilance

On 12/17/2017 at 6:12 PM, Toilettebun said:

I'm just saying why wear it for interviews and not a casual suit that you can pick up for 1/4 or even less of the price

The incentive isn't just the interview of course. The Indisce blazer/pant always seemed nice to me, and I was just curious if the pairing could be used in that situation as well as casually. To be honest, I'm only asking because the blazer is listed on ebay right now for an okay price lol.

On 12/17/2017 at 6:45 PM, johngalt said:

What kind of jobs you interviewing for?

Nothing specific lined up yet, but I'll be looking at pretty much anything in software development.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'll likely avoid AV in the interviews, but I thought I'd ask since I'm unfamiliar with what the Indisce stuff is like.

If you see one for a good price, go for it. I know many people that wear it casually (collar up) and in an office setting. If you're a dev, and interviewing at say a bank or a startup that takes it self a little serious, they may appreciate the Indice. Just make sure not to style as if it were a traditional suit. 

I too took the plunge on some sequent pants, they're definitely a piece that fills a relatively small hole in my wardrobe, but I've been caught in inclement weather enough times to think that they'll be worth it in the long run even with limited wear.

+1 on the button revision being better than the apparat, definitely makes it a lot easier to adjust the leg opening with the new design instead of fumbling with those sliding buttons around your ankle.

I hope more veilance pants adopt the waist adjustment system like on the sequent (this is my first pant with this, dont know if theyve used it on others), I'm just barely bigger than a 31 and a 32 feels a bit roomy sometimes in the waist, and I have to tighten a belt pretty far, but I was able to adjust it to as close to perfect as possible. The straps that adjust are also elastic and it just helps dial in the fit that much more.

5 hours ago, shifty said:

I too took the plunge on some sequent pants, they're definitely a piece that fills a relatively small hole in my wardrobe, but I've been caught in inclement weather enough times to think that they'll be worth it in the long run even with limited wear.

+1 on the button revision being better than the apparat, definitely makes it a lot easier to adjust the leg opening with the new design instead of fumbling with those sliding buttons around your ankle.

I hope more veilance pants adopt the waist adjustment system like on the sequent (this is my first pant with this, dont know if theyve used it on others), I'm just barely bigger than a 31 and a 32 feels a bit roomy sometimes in the waist, and I have to tighten a belt pretty far, but I was able to adjust it to as close to perfect as possible. The straps that adjust are also elastic and it just helps dial in the fit that much more.

thanks for the review. Make me have high hope for the SS18 line up! I am in between 31 and 32 just like you, this new system is definitely good new. So did you go for a 32?

Monitor Down is awesome and feels much warmer/better isolated then the Galvanic. The Galvanic made me looking like an undertaker. You‘re lucky, I have the Monitor Down here, so I‘ll take a photo... give me a minute.

Here you go...

file.jpg

file.jpg

Actually pretty everything I‘m wearing on this picture is AV...

Edited by bouncingsoul

8 hours ago, hslhs said:

thanks for the review. Make me have high hope for the SS18 line up! I am in between 31 and 32 just like you, this new system is definitely good new. So did you go for a 32?

Yea, I got a 32. Inseam length is like the apparat, they were hitting just above my ankle.

Picked up a Haedn overshirt and it seems like it will add some warmth in a relatively thin mid-layer / outer piece.  It has a nice, soft fleece lining and the wool outer has a nice look, feel and smell (yes....it smells like wool :) ).  I see using it mostly indoors in the winter as an overshirt to keep me warm in a cool office.  Can anyone comment on whether it might get too warm indoors or how breatheable it is? 

I think your use case of an indoor cozy warmth layer will be perfect. I find it similar to the mainline Covert Cardigan which I use for exactly that, just working inside when its kinda cold. You should be good. Even if you do feel a bit warm the cut is kinda generous at the hem so it's not too stuffy, and you can just undo the buttons super quick since they're snap to close.

I tried wearing mine today coincidentally, I find it's probably one of my least favorite purchases for what I want to use it for. It has no hand pockets so I can't wear it when it's too cold, I can't use it with a bag without worry of pilling the wool face, the collar is a bit big for my head lol (compared to the field OS for example), and since it's kinda boxy and structured it's hard to layer under my Indisce blazer/topcoat type stuff unfortunately. It's a shame cuz it looks so good on its own

20 hours ago, bouncingsoul said:

Monitor Down is awesome and feels much warmer/better isolated then the Galvanic. The Galvanic made me looking like an undertaker. You‘re lucky, I have the Monitor Down here, so I‘ll take a photo... give me a minute.

Here you go...

file.jpg

file.jpg

Did you size up at all?

Did you see the Peat colour? Thinking very seriously about grabbing that over the black..

20 hours ago, bouncingsoul said:

Here you go...

file.jpg

file.jpg

wow, looks good

I'm now much more inclined to go with the monitor down. The only issue is I already have the regular Monitor, I don't want to feel like it's redundant to have both the regular and down versions. Everyone I've talked to with experience with the monitor down raves about it's warmth though, so I'm thinking this may just be the step I have to take for a winter jacket.

I don't think they are redundant, as the Down has quite different bag flaps, which make it quite different to me. Of course, they are the same length, both are hooded... So in some way comparable, but not the same ....also the Down lining affects the silhouette quite a bit I think.

The warmth of the coat is great. I wear it with only an short sleeves tee underneath at almost 0 degree (Celsius) :-)

I got it in size M, my standard size for everything from AV and Arc and it's just perfect, leaving a bit of room for layering.

One thing I have to mention: I had doubts with the very soft and cosy inner lining initially because of potential down bleeding, but it seems the fabric is doing a really good job on this. So I'm more than happy with the quality! I can only recommend it.

I also went true to size with the Monitor Down and it fits perfectly. Then again, I'm 6'7", so that's highly specific to me.

The coat is crazy warm. And the liner is very, very comfortable. One of my favorite features thus far is the down lining in the hood. Can often avoid wearing a knit cap as it keeps the dome quite cozy.

On 12/20/2017 at 4:25 AM, bouncingsoul said:

Here you go...

file.jpg

file.jpg

Damn with it being on sale I'm so tempted now haha. I'm curious, what's your height? 

I didn't size down but that's cuz I'm an XS as it is. For me it fits more like a classic blazer cut with blazer ending at the top of my knuckles with my hands at my side, and some of my butt covered (sleeves were a little long but I can fold the cuff in and it hits fine). If you size down you get a more modern fit, with the blazer ending above the wrist. I think if you size down it'll probably pinch at the armpit/chest and limit your layering options. imo sizing down can look really cool but the TTS fit is not bad. here's sidney wearing an XS, but he wears an S in other veilance outerwear

4IFMHXG.jpg

in other news, nomad's boxing day sale is live w/ some FW

https://nomadshop.net/collections/arcteryx-veilance

12 hours ago, AnomalousTautology said:

Go for a size up in the mionn. It is pretty restrictive otherwise

Agreed, wish I would have sized up. Went TTS, although it fits and doesn't pull/look too tight I can't layer under it how I would like to.