arcteryx veilance

3 minutes ago, iamiwas said:

Amazing Black Friday deal on the haedn jacket... /s

https://www.sportinglife.ca/p/24883431/mens-haedn-jacket

The tagged price is too much..

By the way, I purchased a Nomin V2 for a colleague, then I took the ride to grab 1 short and 1 long sleeve frame shirt. Both of them I own 2 already. Just too comfortable and fit into my travel packing too well then I stock them into 3 each.

5a147c9a54223_2017-11-2203_17_14.thumb.png.8349e9380a51c741e7f78c19635dc6eb.png

it looks like last season's nomin, since it still has the briefcase handle. Technically it's probably like V3? cuz theres the 600D original coated ac^2, then the ripstop iteration, then back to a lower denier coated ac^2, and then now the F17 Revised

go back a few pages, we were just talking about it

it's 80gsm coreloft in the body, 60gsm in the sleeve, goretex cknit. so it's wind and waterproof, insulated, but its a cropped jacket without a proper hood or high collar. i wouldnt use it in positive 13F, cant imagine it in the negatives like that, but i'm a baby and run cold. I wear mine for 40-50F.

Damn, really want a Haeden overshirt in grey / S but was too slow - got a Graph though.  How tough should I expect the fabric on the Haeden to be?  I carry a Goruck on a daily basis and I've become increasingly worried about its rough nylon straps' effects on certain clothes.  I swear I'm not trying to find an excuse (cough, softer straps) to buy a Nomin.

Also -  can someone explain the differences between the Graph and Dyadic - is one heavier than the other (I guess the merino / nylon pattern is different and Dyadic has a deeper collar)?

Edited by fals3

23 minutes ago, fals3 said:

Damn, really want a Haeden overshirt in grey / S but was too slow - got a Graph though.  How tough should I expect the fabric on the Haeden to be?  I carry a Goruck on a daily basis and I've become increasingly worried about its rough nylon straps' effects on certain clothes.  I swear I'm not trying to find an excuse (cough, softer straps) to buy a Nomin.

Also -  can someone explain the differences between the Graph and Dyadic - is one heavier than the other (I guess the merino / nylon pattern is different and Dyadic has a deeper collar)?

Don't expect the Haedn stuff to be too durable. Its made from a wool nylon soft-shell but the face is textured and pills. I don't even wear my Haedn stuff with my Nomin, if not the straps, then the back of the pack would pill the jacket. If you're set on a wool piece get the Anode Comp pants. Its made from the same wool ss as the haden but you only have the black option. The pant uses a hybrid construction and substitutes the wool for NYCO panels in areas of high wear. I won't be buying any Haedn stuff unless they start implementing more hybrid construction.

I'm assuming you're referring to the cardigans. The Graph and Dyadic are winter and spring weights respectively. It's been talked about a few pages back but the Dyadic uses a basic nylon coil zipper at the front and pockets while the Graph features a metal Excel zip and no hand pockets. Personally I hate the metal Excella on the Graph, its stiff and chips. The graph is made from a double knit that uses nylon at the exterior for weather and abrasion resistance and merino on the interior for comfort and warmth. Nylon panels (Fortius 1.0 I believe) pants the shoulder, sleeve and underarm. It may be helpful to note that there is no DWR on the double knit and only the nylon panel has DWR. The panels are especially useful in the underarm as they reduce bulk and lend better temperature regulation. Conversely, the Dyadic uses a merino jersey in substitute of the nylon panel. The patterns are different too. Where the nylon panel only runs a limited portion of the arm pit on the Graph, the merino jersey run almost the full length of lateral side of the body and medial side of the sleeve. Overall the Dyadic is less weather resistant but more breathable. If you want something sleek and durable, get the Graph. If you care about pockets (made from terratex) and want a zipper thats easy to operate, get the Dyadic

13 hours ago, branespload said:

it looks like last season's nomin, since it still has the briefcase handle. Technically it's probably like V3? cuz theres the 600D original coated ac^2, then the ripstop iteration, then back to a lower denier coated ac^2, and then now the F17 Revised

I'm pretty sure it was the V2s, there were V1s ($700 w/ handles vs $800) on Mr Porter too but it was sold out. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 1.51.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 1.56.10 PM.png

Edited by dscent

15 hours ago, branespload said:

F18 slim shell? Looks like the align sorta mixed with the arris

From the words on the carton behind. This guy work for Arc'teryx Taiwan agent. So I knew some of them do very much like Veilance. He said it is FW18, then it shall be true. They have selected several items to sell in Taiwan. The availability of Veilance in Taiwan is very limited.....

Luckily I got on Haedn Overshirt S at the beginning when SSENSE start to have discount. After 3 hours they are all gone. I have another M size with me, brand new,  it is supposed to give my Brother-in-Law. If anyway would like to have it with 450 USD, let me know~ 

4 hours ago, dscent said:

I am seriously disappointed with the quality on the apparat pants.
Worn < 10 times, washed twice and this happened, crotch rip. https://imgur.com/a/0xvNb
Has anyone experienced the same with their pants and how was your experience like with veilance warranty? 

the Veilance Crotch Tear(r)(tm) is a recurring theme in the apparats and voronois. it is generally covered under warranty.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

how's the current version of the Seque tote?  I had one a few years back and sold it as I found the zipper was hard to close.  I'm thinking about jumping on the one at EastDane and was wondering how much use you guys get out of the tote?  Also, this completes my Veilance carry collection ;)

I use my old one a lot for outfits that don't look as good with a backpack, during the summer when I don't want something on my back overheating me, or when I'm wearing wool stuff I don't want to pill from shoulder straps. The new version has two zippers so you can more easily control where and what direction you open the bag, and it has little notches to pull onto at the ends of the zipper on the bag itself. It's a good revision compared to the first version where you'd have to pinch the fabric itself to have an anchor point to pull from. If I could, I would've gotten the new version but can't justify it with my old beaten up one working fine enough.

Hey there. First post here :-) Very nice conversation on AV stuff going on here.

I‘m currently considering getting a Noman, as I‘m somehow unhappy with C&C Isar as the shoulderstraps always start moving sideways until one side slips off my shoulder. Any observations like this with the Nomin?

I‘d have the chance to get a new one for 490€ so somewhere around 550 dollars. Should I? :-D