arcteryx veilance

5 hours ago, johngalt said:

I have no complaint in terms of price (though steep) but am just terribly off put by the down puffer.

If what I’ve heard is true, my goodness, you’re not going to like what’s coming next year...

Personally I find the Patrol Down way too warm, even without the shell on. It actually feels warmer than the Monitor Down... not sure if that’s just subjective though. And I really don’t like the cut of the shell—the hood is weirdly small, and the length is in this weird in-between... not the Node, but not the Monitor either. I much prefer the Patrol IS.

On 13.9.2017 at 9:23 AM, Inkinsurgent said:

Okay, i did some googling and these are in fact fakes.

They originate, as all fakes do, from Taobao. Here is the original listing.

This is a whole new level of accuracy for bird fakes. I wouldn't be suprised if they come from a subcontracting factory.

* body material is slightly different, softer, probably no Merino blend

* label says M/M, but size is actually small

* inside label says 'ash sm' (small) , but the piece is black and the size is actually 'small'

* one arm is 2.5 cm shorter (!), cuffs too wide

* one panel back/below neck is asymmetric, one side is 1cm longer

* inside pocket material and construction/stiching is slightly different

* pocket zips are slightly different color and material

Generally it is not that bad with lots of details, but the wrong construction (arm too short) makes it especially bad.

Best to stay with the original. I have an original Dyadic Cardigan and that one is actually very nice!

1 hour ago, junkie_dolphin said:

If what I’ve heard is true, my goodness, you’re not going to like what’s coming next year...

Personally I find the Patrol Down way too warm, even without the shell on. It actually feels warmer than the Monitor Down... not sure if that’s just subjective though. And I really don’t like the cut of the shell—the hood is weirdly small, and the length is in this weird in-between... not the Node, but not the Monitor either. I much prefer the Patrol IS.

There are a few pieces I'm looking forward to wearing next FW but I know which jackets you're referring to. I appreciate Taka's utilitarian sensibility and use of composite construction but I know I will miss Lars.

1 hour ago, foononym said:

* body material is slightly different, softer, probably no Merino blend

* label says M/M, but size is actually small

* inside label says 'ash sm' (small) , but the piece is black and the size is actually 'small'

* one arm is 2.5 cm shorter (!), cuffs too wide

* one panel back/below neck is asymmetric, one side is 1cm longer

* inside pocket material and construction/stiching is slightly different

* pocket zips are slightly different color and material

Generally it is not that bad with lots of details, but the wrong construction (arm too short) makes it especially bad.

Best to stay with the original. I have an original Dyadic Cardigan and that one is actually very nice!

Veilance fakes seem to be proliferating. Noticed this during my daily AV query https://www.kijiji.ca/v-clothing-men/mississauga-peel-region/arcteryx-arris-rain-jacket/1300181472?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true 

Hopefully I get some pictures 

12 hours ago, johngalt said:

Last season AV rolled out a program where their products were only allowed to be put on sale at 20% on Canada day only. Past that, only out-of-season items that are no longer in production are allowed to go on sale. Of course certain retailers don't listen. I've only seen the V1 Nomin on sale once and it was when the V2 came out. The bag has been out for 4 years and never hit sales due to demand and strict AV control. 

You might get lucky if a retailer does something like a 20% off code. If you have any questions about the bag, drop me a line. Be glad to help

Thanks for this. Can the V2 fit a 2016 15" MBP. I tried googling for the dimensions and can't find any.

54 minutes ago, dscent said:

Thanks for this. Can the V2 fit a 2016 15" MBP. I tried googling for the dimensions and can't find any.

Yep. There is space is both compartments. The top loader may get in the way in the back compartment but as @Toilettebun indicated, it is only attached to the frame via velcro. Undoing it will free up a ton of space.

2 hours ago, Distorbiant said:

Anyone know what Goretex fabric this is?

And why isn't this listed in either of the 2017 collections?

https://www.eastdane.com/field-jacket-arcteryx-veilance/vp/v=1/1513087257.htm

It’s not listed because that version of the jacket has been discontinued—they’re making some small changes for spring 18.

3 hours ago, Distorbiant said:

Anyone know what Goretex fabric this is?

And why isn't this listed in either of the 2017 collections?

https://www.eastdane.com/field-jacket-arcteryx-veilance/vp/v=1/1513087257.htm

3 hours ago, scamster said:

@Distorbiant the veilance field uses gore-tex pro.

The Field IS uses Pro, the stock Field uses a Gore 3L. I was pretty bummed out when I realized my jacket was only 3L. The fabric features a textured face and is rather thick. Excellent for the cold. 

1 hour ago, junkie_dolphin said:

It’s not listed because that version of the jacket has been discontinued—they’re making some small changes for spring 18.

I believe they are revising the face fabric to something with a smooth face and lighter denier. The chest pockets are going to be slanted inwards like the Haedn OS. Check out the SS18 preview for more pics

9 hours ago, dscent said:

@johngalt Do you mind providing a photo with a side by side comparison of the V1/V2 Nomins? Just want see how it compares in scale/shape to the older iteration.

This is a quick one I took a while ago when I bought my bag. Hope it helps

yDqLBKY.jpg

Edit: I remember @branesploadposting a much better comparison picture on his insta. My picture doesn't capture the depth and height differences between the bags

Edited by johngalt

1 hour ago, johngalt said:

Edit: I remember @branesploadposting a much better comparison picture on his insta. My picture doesn't capture the depth and height differences between the bags

you remembered incorrectly

but here are random pics i took. my laptop divider thing was wonky so i sent it to warranty to see if there was something wrong with it (so ill prob get it back in 2018 lol)

IMG_6921.JPG

IMG_6920.JPG

IMG_6919.JPG

IMG_6918.JPG

IMG_6917.JPG

IMG_6916.JPG

4 hours ago, branespload said:

you remembered incorrectly

but here are random pics i took. my laptop divider thing was wonky so i sent it to warranty to see if there was something wrong with it (so ill prob get it back in 2018 lol)

IMG_6921.JPG

IMG_6920.JPG

IMG_6919.JPG

IMG_6918.JPG

IMG_6917.JPG

IMG_6916.JPG

What did you do to your V1? Mine use to sag and collapse on itself to but your's just looks miserable 

Just stopped by the factory store and there's were a few decent picks, full size range of black Indicse blazers for $349 CDN along with a pair of anode pants that were in size 28. Grey/blue/black composite shirts and an unreleased polytope long sleeve button up shirt for anyone interested. Outerwear was pretty lacklustre, partition AR in neptune was the most appealing.

54 minutes ago, Inkinsurgent said:

any more details about this one? is it the minimalist looking nyco shirt that was planned for fw17?

polytope was actually planned for S17, i believe it's the same nyco as the front part of the component shirt, but yeah super minimal (i posted a press release pic of it some pages back from that onei nterview with taka). it had a different name by fw17 but doesnt matter cuz both got scrapped lol

18 hours ago, iamiwas said:

Just stopped by the factory store and there's were a few decent picks, full size range of black Indicse blazers for $349 CDN along with a pair of anode pants that were in size 28. Grey/blue/black composite shirts and an unreleased polytope long sleeve button up shirt for anyone interested. Outerwear was pretty lacklustre, partition AR in neptune was the most appealing.

Interesting. Arc' outlet in Parndorf, Austria, still has Component shirts in neptune(?) and black, *one* Field Jacket, Doeln in neptune (blue), and got in two Monitor down coats. Some shorts, too... Maybe still a Mionn pullover. (Not much in all, and that very mixed.)

On 9/30/2017 at 7:58 AM, branespload said:

polytope was actually planned for S17, i believe it's the same nyco as the front part of the component shirt, but yeah super minimal (i posted a press release pic of it some pages back from that onei nterview with taka). it had a different name by fw17 but doesnt matter cuz both got scrapped lol

I picked one up as well from the factory store earlier this summer and the SA told me the same thing (ie. the were samples of something that never got made). To be honest, I'm not sure why they pulled the plug, it has become one of my favorite shirt and is really awesome

10 minutes ago, tacos said:

Did they stop making pants in size 28? 

as of fw17, yes. RIP me

certain styles in SS18 however (and imo, the more exciting ones) will have waist closure systems that can dial the waist down 1" on each side to 27" actually. dyadic comp pant and sequent cknit pant iirc will have this. so there is hope

1 hour ago, branespload said:

as of fw17, yes. RIP me

certain styles in SS18 however (and imo, the more exciting ones) will have waist closure systems that can dial the waist down 1" on each side to 27" actually. dyadic comp pant and sequent cknit pant iirc will have this. so there is hope

Thanks. Looks like I'll have to buy another pair of the Apparat pant in 28 before they stop making them at that size. I've worn the black/dark navy version religiously for the past few years and it's starting to show its age. 

20171003_122430.jpg

20171003_122330.jpg

20171003_122340.jpg

Edited by tacos