arcteryx veilance

Okay, i did some googling and these are in fact fakes.

They originate, as all fakes do, from Taobao. Here is the original listing.

This is a whole new level of accuracy for bird fakes. I wouldn't be suprised if they come from a subcontracting factory.

13 hours ago, AnomalousTautology said:

@larssss

Thoughts? Real? 

Wow, surprised to see anyone is actually making fakes. The Dyadic never came in heather as far as I know, thats a dead giveaway. Also the Arc'teryx outdoor packaging.

9 hours ago, matthewcng said:

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/clo/d/veilance-pants-33-waist/6302079903.html

Have you guys seen the contrasting colour on the belt loop on the voronoi before?

These look like they could be prototype or construction sample which often don't use correct trim colors, especially since the size is 33, which used to be the sample size for pants. These are never intended for the public and likely not covered by warranty. 

1 hour ago, johngalt said:

Anyone with experience with the Nomin pack? Interested to know what the new features are. 

Scroll back a couple pages @branespload went over it but for quick recap the nomin back pack is now a glorified laptop bag.

-new straps feels like it has a bit more padding from my experience and it covers the adjustable section now. Personally the new strap is a pain in the ass to adjust.

-The front compartment is now the main storage/where you shove all your stuff into in an orderly fashion. It opens up completely rather than opening up sideways. No more "floating" pocket.

-back compartment opens up asymmetrically now and has a quick access pocket on the top. Has a laptop sleeve and document holder. It's annoying how if you open the bag from the top you can only access the quick access pocket and not the rest of the compartment, you actually have to completely unzip it to access the rest of the compartment. Another annoying fact is that you can only access it the laptop sleeve on one side hence if you sling the bag from your left shoulder to your chest you can't access it whatsoever.

-no more side tab to hold it like a briefcase.

-top pull tab feels more solid now

-new shape is more rounded and "flatter"

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong this is all based on my experience with the bag for a day and some reviews I've read online. 

Edited by Toilettebun
grammatical errors

34 minutes ago, Toilettebun said:

Scroll back a couple pages @branespload went over it but for quick cap the nomin back pack is now a glorified laptop bag.

-new straps feels like it has a bit more padding from my experience and it covers the adjustable section now. Personally the new strap is a pain in the ass to adjust.

-front compartment opens up completely rather than assymmetrical and is your main compartment for storage. No more "floating" pocket.

-back compartment opens up assymmetrical now and has a quick access pocket on the top. Has a laptop sleeve and document holder. It's annoying how if you open the bag from the top you can only access the quick access pocket and not the rest of the compartment, you actually have to completely unzip it to access the rest of the compartment.

-no more side tab to hold it like a briefcase.

-top pull tab feels more solid now

-new shape is more rounded and "flatter"

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong this is all based on my experience with the bag for a day and some reviews I've read online. 

Thanks a lot. Sounds like the right fit for me. My main problem with the old Nomin was difficulty pulling the zippers around the corners. Hopefully the straps are more secure. My old pack straps would constantly slip in the ladderlock. 

I was quoted by an Arc employee that the pack is also 26L. Is that true? The pictures makes it look considerably smaller. 

I'll check it out in store this weekend.

13 minutes ago, johngalt said:

Thanks a lot. Sounds like the right fit for me. My main problem with the old Nomin was difficulty pulling the zippers around the corners. Hopefully the straps are more secure. My old pack straps would constantly slip in the ladderlock. 

I was quoted by an Arc employee that the pack is also 26L. Is that true? The pictures makes it look considerably smaller. 

I'll check it out in store this weekend.

that was for the old version I believe. it feels like it packs a bit less imo because of how small the back compartment became. Also I experienced some difficulty pulling zippers around the corners on the new one as well at one point i thought if I pulled any harder I would damage the zipper. 

Edited by Toilettebun

Fucking hell... now I have to watch out for veilance fakes. Guess it's getting a lot more popular.

Anyways I'm REALLY diggin the Haedn overshirt and the Haedn bomber. Will probably get one this season. If only I could get both.

Edited by Ecotrons

I'm personally a fan of the jacket (bomber). As great the the OS looks in editorials and photos, it feels kindly silly to wear a wool soft-shell shirt. There isn't much opportunity to wear it with anything other than a tee or dress shirt. I also didn't like the absence of useful pockets. 

14 minutes ago, edwardk said:

Any tips on Veilance jacket sizing vs Mainline? I typically wear Medium in Mainline, I am  6'0 /175lbs athletic/thin. 

Just picked up a Veilance Align from FW14 in Medium, hoping its not TOO trim. Also thoughts on the condition? Kinda sad a few sold on grailed for 300 a few months ago. 

Veilance Align Med Black-Ebay

Veilance is definitely more "tailored," but at your height/weight you should be okay. The only issue you may encounter is that sleeves can be a little tighter in Veilance, I guess because they're not as concerned with mobility as mainline. In any case, sizing up usually doesn't go well in my experience.

That appears to be the first version after the revised fit. I found it to be too trim. Then again, it was my intention to use it as a spring/fall jacket and thus wear more than just a t-shirt underneath. I'm 5'10 175, but top heavy. I've heard other people with similar dimensions say that jacket fit just fine so, you may be in luck. 

2 hours ago, edwardk said:

Any tips on Veilance jacket sizing vs Mainline? I typically wear Medium in Mainline, I am  6'0 /175lbs athletic/thin. 

Just picked up a Veilance Align from FW14 in Medium, hoping its not TOO trim. Also thoughts on the condition? Kinda sad a few sold on grailed for 300 a few months ago. 

Veilance Align Med Black-Ebay

The align was an AV winter shell that was designed to accommodate layering. Think of it as the AV Beta AR. Though trimmer than mainline, the Align is considerably roomier than other AV shells. For reference I wear a M in the Arris but a M in the Align. I'm comfortably able to layer the Mionn (past season) under the Align. This picture displays the Align's layer abilities and fit the best. With some digging you can find some more fits of it from the original Haven editorial. 

Re wrist adjustor: Most AV do use elastic; however, the Align uses a strip of webbing floating between the face fabric and the wrist liner with a Cobrax snap at the end. There are two positions for the the snap to attach. As you pull the strap, the entire piece of webbing moves and cinches the wrist. The snap works by sliding to lock and unlock, as opposed to the conventional lift and press to fasten. You won't be too bothered by the additional length if any. 

2 hours ago, johngalt said:

The align was an AV winter shell that was designed to accommodate layering. Think of it as the AV Beta AR. Though trimmer than mainline, the Align is considerably roomier than other AV shells. For reference I wear a M in the Arris but a M in the Align. I'm comfortably able to layer the Mionn (past season) under the Align. This picture displays the Align's layer abilities and fit the best. With some digging you can find some more fits of it from the original Haven editorial. 

Re wrist adjustor: Most AV do use elastic; however, the Align uses a strip of webbing floating between the face fabric and the wrist liner with a Cobrax snap at the end. There are two positions for the the snap to attach. As you pull the strap, the entire piece of webbing moves and cinches the wrist. The snap works by sliding to lock and unlock, as opposed to the conventional lift and press to fasten. You won't be too bothered by the additional length if any. 

Thank you and thank you  and to everyone else for the very informative replies. I really like those Cobrax snaps on the adjusters. They are one of my favorite details on the Apparat. I plan to do some light layering with a thinner mid-layer similar to an Arc-Teryx Bravo, so it looks like I should be fine. 

I'll post some fit pictures once it comes in from Australia. 

On 9/16/2017 at 11:57 AM, junkie_dolphin said:

The Nomin pack is 18 liters, the Seque is 20.

18 for the new one? the silhouette is still pretty big for an 18L bag if that's the case, i wouldve believed it's still 26L

also, the seque seems small on paper but i was able to keep an index 5+5 packing cube, a 10L packing cube, 2 pairs of sneakers, a hat and the outlier UHWS in it on a recent trip. it was like 2 weeks worth of clothes as my personal item. not my fav for EDC but as a piece of luggage i like it a lot

2 hours ago, branespload said:

18 for the new one? the silhouette is still pretty big for an 18L bag if that's the case, i wouldve believed it's still 26L

also, the seque seems small on paper but i was able to keep an index 5+5 packing cube, a 10L packing cube, 2 pairs of sneakers, a hat and the outlier UHWS in it on a recent trip. it was like 2 weeks worth of clothes as my personal item. not my fav for EDC but as a piece of luggage i like it a lot

A really remarkable chunk of the Nomin’s volume is occupied by padding. But unless there was some sort of typo, yeah, the volume is actually less than the Seque. Having used both I can say I agree with you completely: that thing can take a lot of stuff. I just wish the material didn’t scuff and crease the way it does.

16 hours ago, branespload said:

Just got the V2 Nomin. I'm surprised its 18L as well. Compared to my Arro 22 it fits considerably more. With respect to the V1 Nomin, though it is 26L, the ripstop pouch takes up almost all of the front compartment.

Overall I'm really enjoin the bag and will post a full review soon 

As promised, here's the full review of the V2 Nomin. I am thoroughly impressed after a week of use. Previously I rotated between the V1 Nomin, Arro 22 and a Patagonia Refugio. I will use these as benchmarks to compare. 

SnyHSEP.jpg

Dimensions and Capacity

The V1, V2 and Arro clocking at 26, 18, and 22L  respectively; however, the volumes are rather misleading and a poor indicator of capacity. Though the V1 and Arro are bigger than the V2 on paper, the V2 allocates space much better.

It features a dedicated side-access document and laptop compartment in the back. There is a rigid panel bifurcating the compartment which I use to separate paper and my laptop. It comfortably fits a 13 Mac Air, and three notepads (200 sheets). It is compatible with larger computers but the pocket above will get in the may, making access harder. The compartment is fully foam lined, obsoleting the need for a laptop case. Since the compartment is side access, it is disappointing that the bag no longer features a side handle. Overall, the compartment is much better than the V1 foam organizer. 

NYRoPYP.jpg

12IfbOR.jpg

Unzipping the back zipper will reveal a quick access pocket in the top of the bag for quick top loading. I use it to store my sunglasses, key, wallet and hand sanitizer. There are gussets on both sides of the pocket to prevent spillage.

The front of the bag is a large top loader. There is a ripstop pouch sew to the top. It is considerably smaller and less accessible than the pouch in the V1 Nomin; however, the white interior makes locating items much easier. The rounded shape of the bag makes sidling the zips much easier than the V1.

Overall, though the V2 is the smallest of the three bags, I am able to load much more without worry of items pooling to the bottom of the bag. 

Utility

As a daily carry bag my preference for the V2 is beyond reproach. I am able to easily store, access and carry a variety of items without worry. Attached is an image of what I carry in the bag normally while still having a lot of unused space. 

The straps have been redesigned from the V1 and are now much more comfortable. Previous the S-shape of the V1 straps would dig into my pits and cause a great deal of irritation. The new shape does an excellent job mitigating this problem. I feel much less fatigue with the new straps as compared to the V1 and dare say the Arro too. A gentleman from the Arc store informed me that the straps are made from materials from their harness program and create torque to reduce pressure on the wearer's shoulders. The ladderlock is now concealed in the strap making adjustments harder but do rectify the problem of slippage. Previously when wearing the Arro with my Galvanic, I found the straps would crush the collar, the V1 and V2 Nomin are cut in a way to avoid contact with the collar.

5vz8fAR.jpg

82TJjHv.jpg

Price

I know there was a lot of criticism over the price of the bag. Yes 800 USD is a lot of money but justified with the V2. It's amazing how effective the bag is at material allocation. The thin straps are incredibly comfortable and pack easily into a plane overhead. The shape is considerably more refined than the V1. If you can justify the Arris, Field or Align then get the Nomin, you'll get much more wear. I suggest checking the bag out in person. 

Thanks!

Edited by johngalt
adding images

Very much appreciated your comments on the V2 Nomin. However I can't access the pictures. Are they level limited in this site? I do want to see those pictures..

1 hour ago, johngalt said:

4 hours ago, johngalt said:

As promised, here's the full review of the V2 Nomin. I am thoroughly impressed after a week of use. Previously I rotated between the V1 Nomin, Arro 22 and a Patagonia Refugio. I will use these as benchmarks to compare. 

Dimensions and Capacity

The V1, V2 and Arro clocking at 26, 18, and 22L  respectively; however, the volumes are rather misleading and a poor indicator of capacity. Though the V1 and Arro are bigger than the V2 on paper, the V2 allocates space much better.

It features a dedicated side-access document and laptop compartment in the back. There is a rigid panel bifurcating the compartment which I use to separate paper and my laptop. It comfortably fits a 13 Mac Air, and three notepads (200 sheets). It is compatible with larger computers but the pocket above will get in the may, making access harder. The compartment is fully foam lined, obsoleting the need for a laptop case. Since the compartment is side access, it is disappointing that the bag no longer features a side handle. Overall, the compartment is much better than the V1 foam organizer. 

Unzipping the back zipper will reveal a quick access pocket in the top of the bag for quick top loading. I use it to store my sunglasses, key, wallet and hand sanitizer. There are gussets on both sides of the pocket to prevent spillage.

The front of the bag is a large top loader. There is a ripstop pouch sew to the top. It is considerably smaller and less accessible than the pouch in the V1 Nomin; however, the white interior makes locating items much easier. The rounded shape of the bag makes sidling the zips much easier than the V1.

The top loader is connected to the back of the bag via velcro hence if you're laptop is bigger just open the velcro and boom your laptop is fixed 

Edited by Toilettebun

4 hours ago, Chiels said:

Very much appreciated your comments on the V2 Nomin. However I can't access the pictures. Are they level limited in this site? I do want to see those pictures..

Ah sorry, still new to using the site. I'll get them up shortly.

Edit: Added!

2 hours ago, Toilettebun said:

The top loader is connected to the back of the bag via velcro hence if you're laptop is bigger just open the velcro and boom your laptop is fixed 

Thanks very much for that. Thought it was just stitched shut. The gusset on the side still get in the way but opens up a lot of space. 

Edited by johngalt

11 hours ago, lockandload604 said:

Curious to what does everyone think of the Patrol down coat as a winter do it all coat? Anyone think it's "worth" the price tag compared to the monitor down, node down etc. Also can anyone comment on the warmth of the mid down later say compared to the cerium sv? Cheers!

I really like the Patrol shell. I think the pockets and and length are perfect if you're a shorter guy. Looks like a great hybrid between the the Node and monitor. I don't like the down puffer. I think the baffle detract from the overall aesthetic. I've tried it on and it is just as warm as the Node or Monitor; however, I probably won't pick it up as the pockets aren't insulated. I have no complaint in terms of price (though steep) but am just terribly off put by the down puffer. 

6 hours ago, dscent said:

How often does the Nomin Pack go on sale? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger but figured I'd wait if it ever goes on sale end season.

Last season AV rolled out a program where their products were only allowed to be put on sale at 20% on Canada day only. Past that, only out-of-season items that are no longer in production are allowed to go on sale. Of course certain retailers don't listen. I've only seen the V1 Nomin on sale once and it was when the V2 came out. The bag has been out for 4 years and never hit sales due to demand and strict AV control. 

You might get lucky if a retailer does something like a 20% off code. If you have any questions about the bag, drop me a line. Be glad to help