arcteryx veilance

Has anyone on here bought or tried on the Haedn overshirt. Curious to know the fit and how the fabrication feels. Is the fabric soft or itchy to the touch? Also its looks quite narrow on the shoulders. Im always a size s in the jackets but worried if i go for a small will be too small in the chest or shoulders.

Anyones experiences ?

Can anyone tell me if the Field pant stretches out at all? I'm not referring to the stretchiness of the fabric, but more to the overall fit - if it is a snug fit brand new, will it loosen up similar to jeans or other Veilance cotton pants? 

I purchased both the peat and black, in a 30 and 31. Love them, Great fit, fabric feels super comfortable. Not as baggy as some of the fit pics I saw online were. 

1 hour ago, nicknyc said:

Can anyone tell me if the Field pant stretches out at all? I'm not referring to the stretchiness of the fabric, but more to the overall fit - if it is a snug fit brand new, will it loosen up similar to jeans or other Veilance cotton pants? 

I purchased both the peat and black, in a 30 and 31. Love them, Great fit, fabric feels super comfortable. Not as baggy as some of the fit pics I saw online were. 

it won't given that it's a 3L gore windstopper however it will soften up a bit overtime. 

I was pretty surprised by how soft the Haedn OS was. No itchiness at all. The interior has fleece laminated. Only your neck is really touching the face-fabric. I'm not sure if it a difference in colour but I have found the Haedn OS to be softer than the jacket. 

I took the same size in the OS as I did my Arris, Field OS and Graph

5 hours ago, Yardsale said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, what's the slimmest pants silhouette?

3 hours ago, AnomalousTautology said:

of what's currently on the website: Align,

for fall winter, probably the Voronoi...?

I would say the Align are the slimmest in how constricting they are. There really isn't any articulation past the seat. Sitting down you immediately will feel tightness. That being said, they are still the best option for work pants. They don't have any weird knee bulge while being more conformable and movement ready than ordinary chinos or dress pants. 

I could be wrong but I think the Voronois have a smaller leg opening that the Aligns. You will find more room in the thighs of the Voronois and a sharp taper past the knee. 

Edit: The slimmest AV pants I've tried are the Liminals. They're made from a waxed peached twill nyco. 

Edited by johngalt
Addition

2 hours ago, AnomalousTautology said:

one more warning about this season's Voronoi ARs, after less than twelve wearings now, there is a rip along the seam of the left back pocket. Stay away from them guys.

uh oh, I just picked up two.  how did that happen and let us know what AV says about it.

Edited by tomenugen

34 minutes ago, tomenugen said:

uh oh, I just picked up two.  how did that happen and let us know what AV says about it.

I just took them off last night, and as I was about to wash them, I noticed the hole.

they said it was a quality control issue, traded them in for a pair of indisce pants. no biggie

24 minutes ago, johngalt said:

Did they offer you the Indisce as a replacement to steer you away from another pair of ARs or did you request them. I ask because when AV recognizes there is a problem with a product, they typically will be reluctant to replace with an identical model. 

I asked for them. 

This is the same type of tear the previous models developed, and i've also had a nylon one develop the same kind of tear. It has something to do with that ultra-flat seam they use, and maybe with the nylon thread having a higher tensile strength than the surrounding material.

edit: glad to see AV customer service is still cool about this sort of thing happening. Inspires confidence in picking up their newer products, knowing they have your back if something goes wrong.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

Huh I remember their CS to be much more lenient back in the day. If an item was being replaced under warranty, you could request any item of similar price. Now they will only offer you a replacement of similar function 

Edit: I don't know how far back you're going but I'm speaking from my experience circa 2014. 

Edited by johngalt
addition

Yeah 2014/15 ish. I'm guessing their replacement guidelines either come with a certain amount of employee discretion or that they're very regularly updated. I've had to send some damaged items back, while i was asked to destroy others. I've also had every variation of "get the same item again" or "pick whatever costs the same". 

I find AV CS has been very consistent since 2009, when I warrantied my mainline jacket and allowed me to replace it with Veilance at the similar value.

When warrantying an older model, AV CS is excellent at matching a similar current style or would let you choose anything at the similar value.

The only concern I have going forward with the warranty is the fact that they are not producing anymore size 28, can only replace with size 29. Unless I get fatter down the road, size 29 would be a bit big and lose it appeal to me.

1 hour ago, Inkinsurgent said:

Yeah 2014/15 ish. I'm guessing their replacement guidelines either come with a certain amount of employee discretion or that they're very regularly updated. I've had to send some damaged items back, while i was asked to destroy others. I've also had every variation of "get the same item again" or "pick whatever costs the same". 

Tons of employee discretion. I've head the head warranty rep pull a lot of strings for me. When you send an item in, the warranty rep will do an assessment of your item and make notes under your case. They act as general guideline should you call be and deal with another rep. Some don't understand AV and consider it as "fashion" which isn't to be as durable as mainline. Those reps are generally more reluctant to repair or replace damaged AV items that clearly have QC problems. It always helps to get a second opinion. 

12 hours ago, johngalt said:

Tons of employee discretion. I've head the head warranty rep pull a lot of strings for me. When you send an item in, the warranty rep will do an assessment of your item and make notes under your case. They act as general guideline should you call be and deal with another rep. Some don't understand AV and consider it as "fashion" which isn't to be as durable as mainline. Those reps are generally more reluctant to repair or replace damaged AV items that clearly have QC problems. It always helps to get a second opinion. 

I had to send back in a pair of first gen voronoi AR that had the fabric durability issues, but I sent them back through an Arcteryx store and they ended up with a regular arcteryx rep who told me they were too worn/faded to be covered under warranty and after some haggling I got a 50% coupon, but I asked a few times and never spoke with a true AV rep so I'm not sure if the rep was right or I just got unlucky. I was a little bummed in the first place that I didnt get better CS because I've had several mainline arcteryx things replaced/updated with current models no questions asked, but overall I've been pretty happy with their CS and they have actually called me back when i've left messages on the AV phone line.

47 minutes ago, martou said:

Why do you think these are fakes? (Not that it weren't odd, with the description apparently auto-translated)...

btw, saw some "Veilance" pieces on second-hand luxury fashion website Vestiaire. Were mainly mainline pieces (and particularly funny since the offers included some women's jackets)

20 hours ago, shifty said:

I had to send back in a pair of first gen voronoi AR that had the fabric durability issues, but I sent them back through an Arcteryx store and they ended up with a regular arcteryx rep who told me they were too worn/faded to be covered under warranty and after some haggling I got a 50% coupon, but I asked a few times and never spoke with a true AV rep so I'm not sure if the rep was right or I just got unlucky. I was a little bummed in the first place that I didnt get better CS because I've had several mainline arcteryx things replaced/updated with current models no questions asked, but overall I've been pretty happy with their CS and they have actually called me back when i've left messages on the AV phone line.

Received the same response when I sent my voronoi AR a month ago. Decided to just let it go and use tenacious tape, bad luck I guess for us