arcteryx veilance

2 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

The issue I've had with the Haedn Jacket and the Nemis is that the waistband simply doesn't do what it's supposed to do, assuming its elasticity is supposed to fit snugly around the waist (as it would in a normal bomber). Looking at the Veilance product photos, the model seems to have the right hip-waist ratio for the jacket, but the fit seems very particular, and there isn't much margin for "error."

@branespload have you tried on this season's Mionn IS or Graph? The Mionn IS is definitively slimmer than last season, and the Graph seems slimmer as well, but I don't own an old one for reference. If you could check and compare for us that'd be awesome.

Ah, I see what you're looking for. In that case, the Nemis never fit that way for me either. It's a pretty boxy cut so it just gives a cropped effect, not really snug. Graph Cardi, Quoin Vest, and Mionn IS Comp Hoody do have that really snug fit at the hem. I think the Quoin and Mionn Comp have bemis bonded hems that really get that snug structure properly, whereas the elastic stuff on the Nemis and Haedn are more for visual contrast than anything imo.

Tbh some details on Veilance pieces are not always entirely functional (or rather, optimally functional) but also serve as nods to the 'classic' version of the silhouette they reference. Like the Monitor Coat for example, the fishtail isn't really necesary, and YKK Excella isn't the most advanced zipper out there. those things kinda just ground the piece aesthetically so it doesn't get too futuristic

re: fit on mionn IS and graph, I don't recall any design/fit changes made to these. so im not sure they would be any slimmer. it's not impossible though, i had my ss16 nemis warrantyd for the stretched out collar and my replacement has sleeves that are a little longer. it might be, however, that my ss16 had gone through a few wash/dry cycles that shrunk it down a bit. anyway, i will try to check on the mionn and cardi if the nyc store ever gets XSes in

@Marw personally i would send it back to get it repaired but failing that you could try something like wundaweb to make a repair although not sure quite what is wrong with the pocket.

disclaimer - never used it as a fix on a field jacket or anything similar plus doing your own repair could possibly void your warranty with arc'teryx ask them before you doing anything.

just picked up some Voronoi AR's in black and soot.  they have a significant thinner feel than previous voronois.  maybe this will allow slightly more stretch and less crotch tears.  and it's confirmed; made in china.

13 hours ago, tomenugen said:

just picked up some Voronoi AR's in black and soot.  they have a significant thinner feel than previous voronois.  maybe this will allow slightly more stretch and less crotch tears.  and it's confirmed; made in china.

Damn, I was wondering why Voronoi's price has been stable at 400 instead of increasing like almost everything else, guess we know why now.

TBH the country of manufacture isn't too much of a concern for me. Sure, I found it nice that this stuff was made here, but it shouldn't change the quality of the construction at all.

Plus, it may mean that Arc is planning a new semi covert project out of that factory

Or they are just ramping up total production and want to keep the "Made in Canada" on the more expensive jackets (which more people are likely to buy) 

my theory is that 1) veilance is a commercial success and needs scaling up beyond the vancouver factory and 2) this frees up the vancouver facility for faster prototyping of new seasons

edit: LEAF is also doing very well and they might need more capacity in vancouver to respond to unit orders and prototyping

Edited by Inkinsurgent

I'm thinking of picking up a jacket for an upcoming month-long trip to the southern hemisphere where it will be the beginning of the warmer months. I own a partition but can't seem to keep the shorter and lighter jackets apart.

can someone point me to the veilance jacket that can be my only hardshell piece for this trip? it needs to be a shorter jacket and have a hood. thank you veilance braintrust

3 minutes ago, donburi said:

I'm thinking of picking up a jacket for an upcoming month-long trip to the southern hemisphere where it will be the beginning of the warmer months. I own a partition but can't seem to keep the shorter and lighter jackets apart.

can someone point me to the veilance jacket that can be my only hardshell piece for this trip? it needs to be a shorter jacket and have a hood. thank you veilance braintrust

I feel like this trip is exactly what the conduct anorak from SS17 was made for. It packs up nice and small, very light, not too long, with a surprisingly good hood. And the side zip works absolutely great for venting, better than pit zips IMO.

Only real drawback is that the styling doesn't really work in more formal settings...

I have several pairs of Voronoi pants, recently picked up a pair of shorts and pants both in black and both the AR version (stretchy summer weight).

The pants are pitch black and the shorts are a dark grey black - basically a black but not solid black. Similar to the non-stretch winter weight black version. I much prefer the dark grey/black. 

Wonder if perhaps I bought an older version of the black pants? I bought from Grailed so they most likely are. Are the new ones solid black or more like the dark grey/black color? 

2 hours ago, branespload said:

f17 hit haven https://shop.havenshop.ca/collections/arcteryx-veilance

edit: hmm iono how i feel about those field pants anymore. anode comp looks really nice tho

Tried them on last week, personally I'm not a fan. The upper / thigh is okay but there's no taper from the knee down, which I can't stand. Far too straight fitting for me, but I know I'm really picky when it comes to the fit of trousers. I liked the construction; the patterning for the cargo pocket and rear is real nice and I quite liked the feel of the lined Goretex.

It's a shame because I was real hopeful for these. My search for a pair of trousers continues.

Any advice for a (very) tapered pair of trousers that are cargo-esque / have interesting construction? Might try and pick up a pair of apparats. I remember liking them a few seasons ago but was hoping for something that isn't cropped, if possible. Sometimes I find it tricky to wear cropped trousers with high trainers / boots.

1 hour ago, donburi said:

shorter with hood = arris. conduct is a good travel piece but it fits long, not as long as a monitor coat for example, but hits past the belt.

1 hour ago, nicknyc said:

I have several pairs of Voronoi pants, recently picked up a pair of shorts and pants both in black and both the AR version (stretchy summer weight).

The pants are pitch black and the shorts are a dark grey black - basically a black but not solid black. Similar to the non-stretch winter weight black version. I much prefer the dark grey/black. 

Wonder if perhaps I bought an older version of the black pants? I bought from Grailed so they most likely are. Are the new ones solid black or more like the dark grey/black color? 

so to clarify, the stretchy summer weight stuff is not AR, but just "Voronoi" or "Voronoi Short" (come SS18 the voronoi short will be called Voronoi LT but use the same fabric. its just a distinction from the cotton nylon they'll use in s18).

as far as i know, the colors on the pants and shorts should be the same. both of mine however are like, blue-black, not Black II (true/deep black) like they are on the current season apparat pant and apparat short (which i prefer).

3 hours ago, Yoshiii said:

Tried them on last week, personally I'm not a fan. The upper / thigh is okay but there's no taper from the knee down, which I can't stand. Far too straight fitting for me, but I know I'm really picky when it comes to the fit of trousers. I liked the construction; the patterning for the cargo pocket and rear is real nice and I quite liked the feel of the lined Goretex.

It's a shame because I was real hopeful for these. My search for a pair of trousers continues.

Any advice for a (very) tapered pair of trousers that are cargo-esque / have interesting construction? Might try and pick up a pair of apparats. I remember liking them a few seasons ago but was hoping for something that isn't cropped, if possible. Sometimes I find it tricky to wear cropped trousers with high trainers / boots.

I would recommend the Stowe pants from mainline! You don't notice cargo pockets from a visual and physical perspective. The pockets have never felt heavy or imbalance and I've always carried my phone and wallet in them. The pants do require a bit more tapering if you're a fan of heavy tapers but the thigh section had enough space albeit I went a size up and I wear shorts underneath.

If you thought the thigh region was decent on the field pants you'll be dissapointed on the apparats.

Edited by Toilettebun

6 hours ago, Yoshiii said:

For me (runner's calves, and not a Kenyan runner's...), that means that the Field pant would be the only current model that fits ;)

What are (other) people's issues with 'em? @branespload? Someone above also didn't like them ("Hikercore" was the word...)

I'd not least like to get 'em to compare Operand and Stealth shirt, Field pant and Spec pant. Feels a bit like revenants of old seasons, wonder (about showing) what changed and how. Not that Veilance videos/reviews get the tons of viewers/readers...

15 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

FS:

Haedn Overshirt, Black Heather, size M. Asking 400 USD; shirt retails at 600 USD.

Brand new with tags and garment bag.

Product page (obviously): https://veilance.arcteryx.com/us/en/shop/mens/haedn-overshirt

does it come with spec sheet and ziplock bag?

Edited by Toilettebun

Hey guys,

New member here. Got various jackets in my collection already (Field, IS Field, Patrition Coat).

I'm looking to buy IS Achrom or IS Node Down this season. Im really wondering about the sizing on those. I'm a L in the jackets mentioned above, it fits great with a little room for layering. 

It looks like Achrom is not constructed for layering so I'm thinking about going for a XL. I'm also thinking XL with IS Node. I'm also worried the Achrom might be little to short, im 1.90m tall. The Node looks fine though, but Achrom got a great look.

Anyone got any pointers to this? All help is much appreciated!

I think with a jacket like that you can ruin the fit if you size up for the purpose of layering - the cut of the shoulders will be out etc which is not a good look if you ask me. Id take the same approach as above and just buy everything in the same size and then all the fits are relative.

1 hour ago, RemarkableArmor said:

I think with a jacket like that you can ruin the fit if you size up for the purpose of layering - the cut of the shoulders will be out etc which is not a good look if you ask me. Id take the same approach as above and just buy everything in the same size and then all the fits are relative.

Hi,

I'm not looking to layer the Achrom. I guess I didn't explain good enough. I'm using the Achrom without layering for sure, but I dont want it too tight. I want a normal fit on it.

Earlier I have had Mionn IS 3/4 Jacket in a L. It was way too small around the shoulders. I could bearly get the jacket on. I also have Mionn IS Vest in L, it's also too tight. I can bearly get the zip up. 

I think the best option is to try the pieces on before buying.

I know there aren't many Veilance dealers around, but, in my experience, they are very helpful and easygoing with returns via mail

Edited by AnomalousTautology

12 minutes ago, AnomalousTautology said:

I think the best option is to try the pieces on before buying.

I know there aren't many Veilance dealers around, but, in my experience, they are very helpful and easygoing with returns via mail

Impossible where I'm from. Have to buy directly through website. My other pieces is from a retailer here where I'm from, but they stopped selling Veilance.