arcteryx veilance

0:19 -- updated isogon with improved nyco fabric. more colorfast and durable. results in a slight price jump. available in khaki. paired with new voronoi pant. similar to a voronoi AR but using this better nyco fabric. hopefully addresses durability complaints we've all had. edit: your terratex pant option comes as the convex pant, like a cross between an indisce (slash pockets and details are similar to indisce) and old voronoi. less articulated than voronoi but also slimmer leg. idk how the fit looks on the body tho. voronoi LT short is same short as before but differentiated as LT since it doesnt use the 30/70 nyco

0:28 -- monitor SL, 100% nylon ting. still has some details from the monitor like shaped cuffs, seam tape, fishtail vent, etc. but like half the price and less storage. packs into its own pocket. dyadic comp hoodie!! and dyadic comp pant!! merino jersey, merino/nylon blend, and terratex in a crazy cargo jogger construction. dyadic comp hoodie is similar to the mionn IS comp pullover but without coreloft, less bemis bonding for a more comfy feel, still has the 3 fabric comp construction. really hype for dyadic refresh

0:35 -- field LT or whatever. basically same gore 3L with tricot backer, the outer face fabric has been softened up a bit instead of that rougher outer. makes more sense for spring/summer

0:39 -- i THINK this is the sequent pant, which is a fully cknit pant. flap-covered zippered front slash pockets, shorter inseam (30") and adjustable snap + webbing a la apparat cuff in the waistband on both sides since it has no stretch or belt loops.

Edited by branespload

4 minutes ago, drgitlin said:

Damn, doesn't look like any short-sleeved shirts in SS18. 

just frame SS's. i may be wrong, but i think the back yoke on the frame SS is updated to be a little cleaner like the current frame LS. i didnt get a good look. anyway not too many button up shirts but lots of non-goretex offerings. im just tryna get veilance sweatpants.

Exclusive item(s) being dropped on Frenzy App soon.

In the picture looks like the wool-faced monitor down jacket that was similarly released for the Soho pop-up store. Whoever missed out on that can have another chance of getting it.

IMG_4483.PNG

frenzy.jpeg

Edited by matthewcng
added picture

26 minutes ago, scamster said:

shame, it'll be interesting to see what sort of shoes they would create. maybe they'll do something further down the line as they're already do footwear for the mainline.

I'd really like their trail runners if they didn't have the dead bird on the back.

4 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

I'd really like their trail runners if they didn't have the dead bird on the back.

The Norvans? I really like them too but they don't do an all black or grey model atm sadly

4 hours ago, scamster said:

shame, it'll be interesting to see what sort of shoes they would create. maybe they'll do something further down the line as they're already do footwear for the mainline.

goretex achillies low

5 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

is that the monitor pictured? looks more like a partition with a hood or an uninsulated galvanic.

edit: the veilance instagram has better pics of the show

No that's Partition LT, cknit version of the partition AR I guess with a removable hood. Similar to galvanic.

then my fav pieces, dyadic comp hoodie, dyadic comp sweater

then sequent LT goretex pant and finally casing wallet.

heres a snap of the monitor SL

IMG_6813.JPG

I mean they could build hype as much as they want but the cuts have been quite the same for the past couple of years just some variations of material and other features. Essentially Veilance hasn't changed much but I can't lie about not being excited for that field pant this coming FW.

i do sometimes miss the experiments of the earlier years (wool duffle coat anyone?), but on the other hand i think their more recent collections are more refined and consistent than in the early days. it's less about "woah check out this crazy piece" and more "yeah, this new pant will integrate nicely into the rest of my collection".

yea but if nobody knows about it and nobody buys it, the fun side project/experiment we love gets axed

im all for the improved accessibility of this direction. only likeminded people will end up buying anyway, growing our community. anyone else will prob scoff at the idea of a $800 jacket or whatever

i think the product is still on brand -- everything is still nondescript and minimalist. that doesn't meant he brand/business has to be imo

I agree that Veilance, no matter the extent of their marketing, will attract the attention of mainstream fashion, it is far too visually subtle. The only people that will drop $1200 on a jacket without branding, made of insulated gore, cut for movement, with the aesthetics of minimal, pseudo-futuristic business wear are those like us here. Nor do I think that the actual garments will decrease in quality with an increased popularity (I think the opposite).

A big part of Veilance's  ~cool factor~  is its lack of branding or brand presence. It is clothing that Cayce Pollard could wear or would design. It (and, to an extent, Acronym) exist almost outside of traditional marketing, relying mostly on (figurative) word of mouth, much like the Gabriel Hounds of Zero History, it's near to the very root of cool because it is without advertising.

plenty of companies make clothing without external branding (of course, none to the level of Veilance) but not many have this kind of allure.

32 minutes ago, Dolphinski said:

If you think the majority of people that buy Veilance are on or around this forum, I think you'd be very much mistaken personally.

I don't think that everyone who wears Veilance is on this forum. I have been wearing Veilance for three years and came across it from via actual word of mouth. I only stumbled across this forum a couple of months ago, more so through an interest in Acronym. 

Veilance is the kind of brand that isn't daunting in a fashion sense and can appeal to the average person as just nice minimal design, but people who are in the know can appreciate it for everything else that the brand has to offer as far as aesthetics and detailing. I've seen more veilance on uncool dads wearing square toed loafers than I've seen elsewhere, and while thats not the same audience that veilance has really found a niche with (like people here), I don't feel like it takes away anything from it.

Yes, I suppose you're right @shifty

I live in Vancouver where, according to the CBC,  90% of the population owns an Arcteryx jacket of some kind. 

My local Arcteryx store has a (small) wall dedicated to Veilance garments. I can see how many a dad that just likes Arcteryx would buy their pants from that wall

Edit: who cares about that dad, doesn't change the pieces.

Edited by AnomalousTautology