arcteryx veilance

So the Field Shirt didn't work out for me.  It was right in the chest and wrong everywhere else.  Returned. :( 

Oh well can't win'em all.  Got an Ash Nomin on sale hope the colour is a nice as the website.  I regret selling my black one a while back but I have too many black bags.

For those in the mood Sportinglife  has the Node, Isogon and Conduct all 30% off with free shipping.  I've been on the fence about the Conduct but think this may just be the travel piece I need.  The partition is more dressy but I like the hood option of the Conduct.  Hope it fits.  Wish me luck! 

2 hours ago, 7-eleven said:

So would the monitor SL be made of c-knit?

maybe/i kinda hope so. if i had to guess, it might also get rid of the excella front zip for some laminated/watertight thing. would be interesting if they also used rs slider zips but i dont think it would look good on the monitor

21 minutes ago, polarad said:

yo will the voronoi ARs work for summer? its just nyco like the apparats without any warmth tech right? the summer nylon version feel way too delicate.

yeah they're not too warm, but they do sorta block a breeze. people wear regular ass denim in hot weather so these will be fine.

54 minutes ago, polarad said:

yo will the voronoi ARs work for summer? its just nyco like the apparats without any warmth tech right? the summer nylon version feel way too delicate.

Yeup! I don't see why not I worn my pair religiously no matter the season and it hasn't been uncomfortable whatsoever.

1 hour ago, polarad said:

The nylon version is stronger than the nyco version. More comfortable in warm weather, too.

https://hypebeast.com/2017/7/frenzy-capsule-liberty-fairs-exclusive-nyfw-live-stream-drops

^ idk anything about that but yall should tune in since nyfw:m is a great place to preview ss18

On 7/3/2017 at 0:34 AM, junkie_dolphin said:

There's plenty of awesome stuff coming over the next two seasons (hint: your wallet may be out of a job).

ok can confirm omg lol

On 7/3/2017 at 6:05 AM, matthewcng said:

Similar to the wallets released for the NYC pop-up store?

yes and they havent forgotten about yen, euros and pounds

Community Alert: If ordering from 290SQM, ask for a garment bag, I've ordered a few times and they seem to include it only if you ask. 

Also 30-50% off at 290SQM, solid selection of sizes for Mionn IS Blazers and Align pants.

Know they're not build for the great outdoors per se, but has anyone here put their voronoi's through any serious trekking conditions? I'm debating packing them for a month long SE asia trip due to their weight (and to stop me buying more pants), but concerned they may just fall apart if they so much as look at a jungle. 

2 hours ago, agentbuca said:

Know they're not build for the great outdoors per se, but has anyone here put their voronoi's through any serious trekking conditions? I'm debating packing them for a month long SE asia trip due to their weight (and to stop me buying more pants), but concerned they may just fall apart if they so much as look at a jungle. 

If they're the full nylon voronois with stretch, I don't see the problem. If you're trying to rock the nyco blend ones, these will blow out. If you're looking for  nicer jungle pants that have some outdoor function in mind, the palisade pant by arc'teryx is quite nice.

Edited by CARLOOA

7 hours ago, agentbuca said:

I live in Hong Kong, with a humid climate and I have wore my voronoi shorts for hikes. It holds up quite well. When I travel around SE Asia, I pack my voronoi shorts and they are excellent in terms of their breath-ability and comfort. I have been wearing it since 2014 and so far the voronoi shorts are still in excellent condition.

the textile used in the nylon ones is a hiking textile by design, but i wouldn't want to hike in my voronois for the simple reason you can get excellent hiking pants from arc'teryx for like 90 bucks.

swipe to 4th pic for some SS18 stuff. Conduct in Ash, Partition LT w removable hood (basically an uninsulated cknit galvanic I think), and arris in rust. If u zoom in u can vaguely see pants in Ash I think.

and here's a little of FW17 haedn series

I saw some Align pants from FW18 in store last week and they have this great black / grey melange color (not sure it it the one in the pic though as it is pretty dark). Anyway, probably the coolest fabric I have seen from Veilance. Shame that I really can't get over the lack of visible back pocket on the Align otherwise, I would have copped 100%.

2 hours ago, Kasper said:

I saw some Align pants from FW18 in store

you mean SS17? the apparat uses the same 70/30 cotton/nylon or 'brushed poplin' and has a hidden cargo pocket, but also visible back pockets. maybe youd like that?

also, i kinda thought i wouldnt like the lack of back pocket. but on my apparat short, i dont really mind. it's my fav short atm

14 hours ago, branespload said:

you mean SS17? the apparat uses the same 70/30 cotton/nylon or 'brushed poplin' and has a hidden cargo pocket, but also visible back pockets. maybe youd like that?

also, i kinda thought i wouldnt like the lack of back pocket. but on my apparat short, i dont really mind. it's my fav short atm

They are from FW17 (coming season), salesperson confirmed and the fabric has a much heavier weight than the SS17 Align. 

Maybe I could learn to love the back, don't know that I need the temptation though ;)

damn, that's interesting and surprising to me. i saw the fw17 collection a couple months back but it sounds like it must be a new pant. align AR? MX? i dont need the temptation either but it's good that there'll be more veilance pants, esp with how particular the fits are for a lot of ppl on the voronoi, apparat and anode