arcteryx veilance

2 hours ago, branespload said:

The fabric (coated AC^2) is super durable, but it will break in, scratch, conform over time. Here's mine with about a year of daily use. Traveling, commuting, as a gym/climbing bag, etc, through all kinds of weather (snow, rain, sun..).

EDIT: wait a lil bit for youtube to process it, you should be able to watch it in 4K for more detail

Thank you for video and I've always been wondering how much volume can the nomin pack carry?

1 hour ago, Toilettebun said:

Thank you for video and I've always been wondering how much volume can the nomin pack carry?

26L. it's even a little big on me, i'm 5'6"

23 minutes ago, shoreman said:

@branespload thanks for the video. Any shots of the interior?

inside looks new. im moving rn (hence the sad barren echoing room in the video) so not tryna unpack it haha

Does anyone have any experience with the elastic band around the neck on the Nemis curling up and loosing elasticity? A friend of mine has the jacket(from a couple of seasons back I think) and it happened to his pretty fast. Is this a known problem?

1 hour ago, Marw said:

Does anyone have any experience with the elastic band around the neck on the Nemis curling up and loosing elasticity? A friend of mine has the jacket(from a couple of seasons back I think) and it happened to his pretty fast. Is this a known problem?

Yeah, it happened to mine and at least one other person on here iirc. I posted up a picture awhile back sometime last year if you search for it.

Anyways contact arc customer service, your friend will have to send it in to them. They ended up replacing mine with a brand new one.

1 hour ago, Xal said:

Yeah, it happened to mine and at least one other person on here iirc. I posted up a picture awhile back sometime last year if you search for it.

Anyways contact arc customer service, your friend will have to send it in to them. They ended up replacing mine with a brand new one.

Same situation happened to me and my Nemis as well. They'll replace it for you. 

Happened to mine too.

I was talking to the warranty department about the issue, the guy said, there is a high chance of the elastic collar to become wavy. The reason behind this is when they sew the elastic material, the needle will puncture the elastic material and after a wash or two it will cause it to deform.

Basically, any jacket that has this elastic material will have this problem. From what I know, the Scend (inner cuff), Actuator (cuff) and Nemis (collar, cuff, waist band), all use this material, it will deform after stretching it and washing it.

Arcteryx warranty is very good, they will probably replace the item for you, as it is pretty much impossible to repair.

23 hours ago, branespload said:

rly torn between that in peat or black.. these r windstopper like the indisce btw

peat boiz

Just got a few more pieces in and decided to experiment with some fits. I have nothing new to add in terms of review/knowledge, but I basically concur with everything brane and ink have already stated. For reference I'm 5'5" and take XS/28 in everything but the doeln which I took an S.

Conduct w/ Apparats:

Spoiler

I've been wearing apparats for 2+ years and used to love them but I find myself wearing them less and less since I've bought voronois since the voronois are less constricting. Also just started wearing bigger pants in general. Conduct is probably the more interesting veilance piece I own. It's the epitome of 'urban techwear' for me due to the c-knit. Quiet (compared to other goretex fabric), light and really comfortable next to skin. The side zip is great for dumping heat. Utility is an amazing color, yall rly need to see it in person to appreciate it.

Doeln w/ Voronoi:

Spoiler

I own both AR and terratex iterations of voronoi and the terratex is the truth. I'm tempted to get rid of my apparats and just double up on both iterations. Doeln is just as comfortable, I sized up to an S for layering purposes and I'm really happy I did.

Voronois also look good pinrolled:

Spoiler

Bonus overkill fit....

Spoiler

Edited by halomunkey
apologies for shit quality fedora phone pics

6 hours ago, matthewcng said:

looks real to me. judging by the fit it's a rather old prototype. 2012 at the latest.

interesting to see you guys run the conduct as a sort of sweater/midlayer. 

15 hours ago, halomunkey said:

Conduct is probably the more interesting veilance piece I own. It's the epitome of 'urban techwear' for me due to the c-knit. Quiet (compared to other goretex fabric), light and really comfortable next to skin. Utility is an amazing color, yall rly need to see it in person to appreciate it.

I couldn't agree more. I have it in black, but almost bought it in Utility, but wanted to stay more neutral. Probably runs a little cooler.

The conduct is certainly my favorite piece from SS17 (or any SS veilance season) it so light and breathable that I am totally comfortable wearing it in 25+ C without feeling too hot. My go to windbreaker/summer jacket without question. 

Sadly for wider legged people the voronoi pant (terratex iteration) looks like regular pants and when I do size up it just distorts the silhouette even more. I had a pair of apparats that I reluctantly gave away to a family member knowing that it's just not comfortable enough to wear it over the voronoi ARs. That being said for the past couple of months I've been experimenting with voronoi ARs and have modded it quite a bit fit wise, some of you might like it but some of you might not. I'm also up for any suggestions on how to succeed on a better fit for it and will post pics here right after I steam it!

4 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

grabbed this haedn overshirt shot off the pitti site

fw17-18_pu91_arcteryxveilance_mood_4-1.jpg

Man, they are showing at Pitti?! I'm so new / tangentially in anything fashion, I only figured out that Pitti Uomo takes place in Florence (and now) a day or two ago. Might have gone there if I'd known...

If you are Central Europe-ish located: The Arc'teryx store in the Designer Outlet Parndorf (Eastern Austria) just *did* get a few Veilance pieces, after all. And a very limited selection of LEAF items, as well.

Saw the Doeln coat (in neptune/blue), Component Shirts in Neptune or black, blue-ish Dyadic sweater, iirc. Apparat pant (only one in 36 remaining), Apparat shorts (both peat-like color), Voronoi short in Chamotte red. Frame LS (?).

Would have (some) pics and prices, if anyone's interested.

5 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

grabbed this haedn overshirt shot off the pitti site

fw17-18_pu91_arcteryxveilance_mood_4-1.jpg

Any difference in cut between haeden vs field over shirt?  In love with my field overshirt atm.  Prolle cop'n haeden as well if they're similar. 

Looked quite different in the FW promo video that was circulating a month or two back. 2 pockets, not 4. Seemed shorter in body length... I too, am loving the SS Field Overshirt and am looking forward to picking up one (or more) of the Haeden versions later this year.

6 hours ago, Flipflop214 said:

Any difference in cut between haeden vs field over shirt?  In love with my field overshirt atm.  Prolle cop'n haeden as well if they're similar. 

i think the cut is the same since it's also an overshirt. features same topload pockets and notched drop hem. wasnt able to compare since i didnt see any samples in my size but im p confident

damn, im excited for this season lol

is that vid still around? i cant say i remember the vid at all, going off mainly what i remember from the trade show. that said the wool softshell might make the haedn fit even more structured than the field OS does, so that could change how it looks too.

2 hours ago, branespload said:

is that vid still around? i cant say i remember the vid at all, going off mainly what i remember from the trade show. that said the wool softshell might make the haedn fit even more structured than the field OS does, so that could change how it looks too.

Heres a screen grab from the video.

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 1.26.20 PM.png

Haedn jacket and operand shirts are going to be the must get for me this season.

There also will be an accompanying pant but hesitant about durability as usual. 

Edited by Inkinsurgent