arcteryx veilance

5 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

the veilance main site offers free intl shipping and returns guys. 

Not to ozzieland, seems to be limited to Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Swizterland, The Netherlands, UK, US. It's a start tho'

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of kopping a Q4 2014 field jacket.

Would this be a solid jacket for portland climate? Is the stow able hood practical in a environment of constant rain?

Im in desperate need of a winter/gore tex jacket and this would fit in with my wardrobe. 

Any feedback from owners would be appreciated!

Edited by EG562

16 minutes ago, AnomalousTautology said:

what do you all think of that new Conduct Anorak?

I personally dislike it. The huge pocket in the front is pretty useless. I tried it on at the store. If i put something it in, it ruins the silhouette of the jacket.

Just my 2 cents

for that reason i took the stuff sack out of mine (and use it to carry my nintendo switch lol). i also like wearing it as a midlayer 'hoodie' type thing to block wind fully and give myself some lightweight rain protection. for example, i'd layer it under a field overshirt or the indisce 3/4 coat.

i think it works if you're really into anoraks, if your'e taller and can pull off the longer body on it better, if you don't like your clothes too slim, etc. for my body type and rest of my wardrobe, the arris is more flattering since it's way trim and cropped higher at the hem. that said, i have a buddy who's even shorter and thinner than me and he loves his. probably cuz it's really comfy once you get it on.

On 5/9/2017 at 6:35 AM, branespload said:

for that reason i took the stuff sack out of mine (and use it to carry my nintendo switch lol). i also like wearing it as a midlayer 'hoodie' type thing to block wind fully and give myself some lightweight rain protection. for example, i'd layer it under a field overshirt or the indisce 3/4 coat.

i think it works if you're really into anoraks, if your'e taller and can pull off the longer body on it better, if you don't like your clothes too slim, etc. for my body type and rest of my wardrobe, the arris is more flattering since it's way trim and cropped higher at the hem. that said, i have a buddy who's even shorter and thinner than me and he loves his. probably cuz it's really comfy once you get it on.

I love the conduct—I think it's because it reminds me of a favorite mainline Arc piece, the Alpha SL Pullover (now discontinued). I sized up and it fits similarly. I think that it's probably one of the more fitted veilance pieces and does really well as an emergency shell. The materials are great and the pocketing is similar to other pull-over anoraks—I think the Patagonia Torrentshell has the some configuration. I personally love the kangaroo center pocket, even stuffed to capacity. 

did anyone happen to download the preview fw17 video from youtube?

I have a jacket in for warranty. just wondering if I should wait for the FW17 to drop and see and pick from that collection.

I am very interested in the new haedn collection, does anyone have any insight?

Edited by matthewcng
grammer

Were fit pics of the Conduct ever posted? Would like to see some non-retailer fits and styling. 
Thinking of picking one up but want to make sure I size for body/sleeve length correctly

Edited by Nebulae

4 hours ago, Nebulae said:

Were fit pics of the Conduct ever posted? Would like to see some non-retailer fits and styling. 
Thinking of picking one up but want to make sure I size for body/sleeve length correctly

Haven's Product and fit pictures of the Conduct Anorak is an accurate representation. For any reference I wear Galvanic IS - M, Monitor Coat - S, Field LT - M and the I fit perfectly in a M Conduct Anorak.

EDIT: I'm 5'6 and it fits closer to a theta Ar length wise

Edited by Toilettebun

21 hours ago, Nebulae said:

On 2/19/2017 at 7:58 AM, branespload said:

tumblr_olmh6vWq0M1ta2iogo1_1280.jpg

On 2/2/2017 at 7:58 PM, branespload said:

ftvFHla.jpg

i'm 5'6" and i wear XS (iono bout trying to size up to medium lol)

if you go true, it will still be long. but, in practice, when you get dunked on suddenly the longer length and sleeves is appreciated it to keep you protected and it's just easier to take on/off when you dont have elasticized/shaped cuffs. for spring/summer rain it works well as intended.

• 2 weeks later...

The fabric (coated AC^2) is super durable, but it will break in, scratch, conform over time. Here's mine with about a year of daily use. Traveling, commuting, as a gym/climbing bag, etc, through all kinds of weather (snow, rain, sun..).

EDIT: wait a lil bit for youtube to process it, you should be able to watch it in 4K for more detail

Edited by branespload