arcteryx veilance

13 hours ago, MoreToasties said:

Do you have any association with the company? Because this recommendation isn't all that relevant to the discussion at hand.

No I haven't.

i have several Veilance Frame Shirt longsleeve and shortsleeve.

and T-shirts and Poloshirts from this Company Reda as well.

the construction and weave from Reda are so different from my point of view (in a positive way) that I thought it would be good to let you know.. if you are not interested please forget my comment

Any of you guys who already seen the AW17 collection, is Haedn blazer coming in blue/navy colour? 

As for the t-shirts, Veilance ones are great, I still have a merino long sleeve tee from the very first collection. 

1 hour ago, Brainboy said:

As for the t-shirts, Veilance ones are great, I still have a merino long sleeve tee from the very first collection. 

Any secret to making the merino long sleeve tee last so long?  I just purchased one and wore it a few times over the course of a week, then decided to wash it this weekend.  Bought some wool wash detergent and washed it with some other things.  Hung to dry, then layed flat to try and keep shape.  Seemed to go OK, but wondering if you have any secrets or if I am doing more than I need to?  Thanks!  

22 hours ago, Nomerok said:

This pants are in stock for year or more. Looked at them several times, but i would say that veilance is more casual/urban pants as Enfin Leve is more for fashion. I like veilance minimalist style more.

And what is Voronoi LT?) I know Voronoi AR and Cargo LT issued 2 years ago, but there was no Voronoi LT

Ahh I didn't know theyre in stock for more than 1 season not familiar with enfin Leve and I get the part where you it's more for casual urban pants however you can choose to have both side zip pockets very similar to the apparat but now in Ventile textile and make them alter it to a fit you like and voila A LA apparat 2.0.

and sorry about that I referred to the Nylon Voronoi pants as Voronoi LT since the AR is a thicker version ~ force of habit

17 hours ago, smarquis said:

Any secret to making the merino long sleeve tee last so long?  I just purchased one and wore it a few times over the course of a week, then decided to wash it this weekend.  Bought some wool wash detergent and washed it with some other things.  Hung to dry, then layed flat to try and keep shape.  Seemed to go OK, but wondering if you have any secrets or if I am doing more than I need to?  Thanks!  

no rocket science required.

18 hours ago, smarquis said:

Hand wash, mostly....

Yea it's a Beta SL in a special make up for Livestock I think. Quality is what you'd expect from Arc'teryx but the dealbreaker for me is it uses Paclite for its Gore-Tex membrane. It's like a two-and-a-half layer Gore, so instead of face-membrane-backer you get face-membrane and then some weird coating that just doesn't feel good or last very long. If you're just looking for something to wear for a streetwear fit to stop wind and some light rain ok.. But any like outdoors use you'll prob be disappointed with the lack of breathability and next to skin feel

I talked to a guy at Arcteryx several years ago and he told me that the coating on the interior of the paclite fabric is actually an oleophobic ink that is printed onto the material, which is pretty cool. That said, I totally agree that paclite is a pretty lousy shell material for most practical purposes. My paclite jacket completely delaminated after like 3 years of daily wear.

hi everyone,

new to this forum; would like some advice:  am trying to put together a summer black "suit" and it seems that only the BLAZER LT & VORONOI share the same material/fabric... but also see that parts of the APPARAT also have the same nylon/elastine fabric... do you guys think the BLAZER LT & APPARAT would make a good set?  or would the different fabric jump out too much?  want a subtle match... thanks in advance :)

4 hours ago, Nomerok said:

@Surver, It wall depends from the style you want to get- more or less formal. Voronoi and blazer LT works well together as Friday casual look at the office. Apparat is cropped and more street wear. 

yeah suppose so, thx.

Yeah, Apparats are too casual to wear with a tie, if that's your goal. The Anodes from last season would work but maybe not in the summer.  

If you're not wearing a tie (or even a collared shirt) then Apparats would probably work. 

23 hours ago, drgitlin said:

Yeah, Apparats are too casual to wear with a tie, if that's your goal. The Anodes from last season would work but maybe not in the summer.  

If you're not wearing a tie (or even a collared shirt) then Apparats would probably work. 

Even the Anodes is far too casual imo the fit is too tight and the break into the wool material noticeable. Voronois would be the safest choice, the nylon material and the slim profile with the slight taper is more formal.  The safest pants that can achieve a business/profesisonal look is both the voronois and indisce pants but they both have to be hemmed right on top of the ankles or slight bit of slouch.

20-25% the entire Veilance range at East Dane if anyone's interested

Also free shipping at Haven right now, which makes them the cheapest for Voronois shipped internationally, decent size selection remaining too

Edited by Hades

Few questions:

1. Align vs Actuator vs Arris - obviously different fabrics (Goretex Pro, Superlight, C-Knit), fits (Align being FW and bit looser), features, weights (~430g, ~280g, 330g) but would I be missing out on much with any one of those jackets? Temperate winters in Melbourne average 6c (42f) so not lots of layering needed. Is the Actuator too, too light?

2. what colours were the Align available in? I can see black, yellow(?), grey (titanium?). Also ordessa- but what greeny colour is in these pics below?

3. Partition through the years, someone said upthread:

On 07/12/2015 at 2:47 PM, Xal said:

I have the SS15 Partition coat with goretex 3L and it's quite noisy. Is it noticeably softer and quieter than this or other goretex coats in the previous veilance lines?

Anyone else think this about the Partition, new or old? Or about the Align, Arris or Actuator?

Thanks!

align-colours.jpg

align-ordessa-maybe.jpg

align-some-green.jpg

Edited by deadbilly

4 hours ago, deadbilly said:

Few questions:

1. Align vs Actuator vs Arris - obviously different fabrics (Goretex Pro, Superlight, C-Knit), fits (Align being FW and bit looser), features, weights (~430g, ~280g, 330g) but would I be missing out on much with any one of those jackets? Temperate winters in Melbourne average 6c (42f) so not lots of layering needed. Is the Actuator too, too light?

2. what colours were the Align available in? I can see black, yellow(?), grey (titanium?). Also ordessa- but what greeny colour is in these pics below?

Anyone else think this about the Partition, new or old? Or about the Align, Arris or Actuator?

Thanks!

align-colours.jpg

align-ordessa-maybe.jpg

align-some-green.jpg

I would suggest Arris since it's latest product and the tailor is really cool.

On 4/18/2017 at 9:24 PM, deadbilly said:

Few questions:

Thanks!

I have the Align in black.

1) Aesthetics and fit aside, choose the material based on what you'll need it for. Goretex pro is amazing but it doesn't pack as well as some other veilance fabrics, not the best option if you travel a lot and need space. Actuator's great in particular since its fully packable into its own internal pocket.I personally wear my align whenever I'm in Melbourne, but any of them would probably suffice if you just want to avoid getting wet. None of them will keep you warm by themselves, definitely layers needed.

2) There were a few more colours around, navy and a orange called 'dark flare' (decent pictures available from a Haven lookbook), as well as Mahogany. There's also a fleece lined version that was made briefly one season.

3) My align is the same but it doesn't really bother me. Goretex Pro is supposedly more noisy than others but I don't have a huge amount of experience to back that up.

1 hour ago, Cairxoxo said:

Where do you cop your Veilance from fellow Aussie? Always looking for the best place to minimise import tax etc.

Haven is the easiest place to cop from at Canadian retail, I just wait till they have free shipping because their international rates are painful. All my jackets and shirts I got on sale or ebay, so import tax never bothered me. In fact, everything that will attract the import tax tends to be items that I consider too warm for our winters, so I never looked into it.

For sizing beforehand, I recommend using Mr Porter and then utilize their free returns (unless you're after vonorois, they are way cheaper after brexit oddly and almost at par with Canadian prices). It's not like we have a veilance store to try anything on. 

1 hour ago, Hades said:

Haven is the easiest place to cop from at Canadian retail, I just wait till they have free shipping because their international rates are painful. All my jackets and shirts I got on sale or ebay, so import tax never bothered me. In fact, everything that will attract the import tax tends to be items that I consider too warm for our winters, so I never looked into it.

For sizing beforehand, I recommend using Mr Porter and then utilize their free returns (unless you're after vonorois, they are way cheaper after brexit oddly and almost at par with Canadian prices). It's not like we have a veilance store to try anything on. 

Thanks for info. Hadn't even thought of using Mr P as a try-before-you-buy.