arcteryx veilance

I asked a similar question of veilance support a while back.  As far as durability the Field 3L will be much more durable than the LT.  I personally got the Field 3L after looking into both.  That being said you should keep the one that you feel you would use the most.

I have a Theta AR for summer which is great with the big hood and pit zips.  

i own both. And I like them that I cannot choose to let one go.

As you wrote the Field LT is more a Spring/Summer/Autumn and the standard Field 3L is more an Autumn/Winter/Spring jacket.

As the collar of the Field LT isn't fully closed I'd tend more to the standard Field 3L if you want/have to choose one jacket only.

Just checking the interest:

I have a pair of barely worn(less than 10 times, cold washed once) pair of Liminal pants, sz 32 in new black.

I'll let them go for about 200USD + shipping. PM me for details

Thank you Jolek & droffen for your advice! Yes, I also love both so much and really can't decide which one to let go.. I guess I will let go the one which could potentially sell for more money?

On the other hand, I felt it's weird that Field LT has a more durable hood than standard Field does. The hood on LT is made of the same Gore-Tex Pro fabric (same face fabric & microgrid baker) that is used for the whole jacket construction, whereas standard Field has a hood made of a significantly thinner fabric (which looks like Paclite if you check the baker). Don't really understand what's the logic behind this?

Edited by damagedroid

53 minutes ago, damagedroid said:

Thank you Jolek & droffen for your advice! Yes, I also love both so much and really can't decide which one to let go.. I guess I will let go the one which could potentially sell for more money?

On the other hand, I felt it's weird that Field LT has a more durable hood than standard Field does. The hood on LT is made of the same Gore-Tex Pro fabric (same face fabric & microgrid baker) that is used for the whole jacket construction, whereas standard Field has a hood made of a significantly thinner fabric (which looks like Paclite if you check the baker). Don't really understand what's the logic behind this?

I guess if they would use the same thick material for the hood it wouldn't fit properly in the neck compartment so that it would look weird.

New Field jacket hood fits a little snug compared to jackets with a dedicated hood - it should be considered more of an emergency feature than an everyday use. It does stow away more elegantly than past iterations.

Looking into getting a Conduct to complement mine and replace the outdoor Spring/Summer functionality of my old Align.

On 3/21/2017 at 0:56 PM, Inkinsurgent said:

the textile in the operand shirt looks almost like the old stealth shirt's. extremely excited about this one.

Yes, very much does. Still my favorite shirts by far, weird as they are.

Expansion of Haedn line (favorite blazer by far) also very welcome... except considering the state of my finances.

Disclaimer: I'm a complete Arc'Teryx Veilance n00b. 

I recently bought the Isogon jacket and I'm loving it. I'm short (5'5'') but the Isogon runs pretty slim and short, and I am really happy with the fit.

Are there any other Arc'Teryx Veilance jackets that run pretty small like this, or is the general rule to size down for Veilance?

Edited by Goober
Typo

In general I would say go true to size. Veilance sizing is on the slimmer/fitted side compared to mainline Arc'teryx, and especially so compared to other techwear brands just because of the conservative/classic menswear silhouettes they reference.

The cuts are pretty trim unless they're designed to be layered a certain way or something. For example, I have the Arris and the Monitor both in XS. The Arris looks slimmer throughout (especially over a tee shirt in the summer), but the Monitor looks spot on when layered over an insulating piece as it's intended.

I'm 5'6" 125lb and find I'm even able to pull off longer coats like the Monitor (fit pic) and the Indisce 3/4 (fit pic). But, if you like the short/cropped body like the Isogon, you will like the Arris (fit pic), Achrom (fit), Node (fit), Nemis, to name a few. I went XS in all of these.

Congrats on your first piece!

It's possible the model is, like, 6'5" 

A lot of these "luxury" boutiques like to use giants who weigh 120 lbs as their models, which makes zero sense to me

Edit: Apparently the model is 6'0".  Don't know what to tell you. He does appear to be wearing them pretty high on the waist. 

Edited by shoreman

1 hour ago, shoreman said:

It's possible the model is, like, 6'5" 

A lot of these "luxury" boutiques like to use giants who weigh 120 lbs as their models, which makes zero sense to me

Edit: Apparently the model is 6'0".  Don't know what to tell you. He does appear to be wearing them pretty high on the waist. 

My guess is that they have long legs (like 34 in inseam or something) and the align is 32.5 in inseam for every size of pant, so it comes up short on them. Haven pictures don't look as short, and they generally style well, so I would use that as a reference instead.

5 hours ago, Ecotrons said:

Thoughts on Veilance tees?

Anyone have experience with those and Outlier? Which would you get?

Outlier. Cheaper (even with god-awful shipping fees) and a better handfeel. The ultrafine is the classic one—a nice simple tshirt, super comfortable—but you might consider my personal favourite, the runweight, which is cheaper and is a bit more versatile as a base-layer.

If you like less slouchy stuff I love my Oliver merino t.  They have a weird semi-raglan shoulder the relieves pressure on the armpit that is a constant issue for me + they make me look super buff.  They also have well done short short sleeves that don't flare.  I wore the same t for 7 days in a row with no problem on my last trip too (probably the same for any merino t). Outlier's cut in contrast is ...weird.  For some reason I have to wear an XS and even then they're really long.

17 hours ago, droffen said:

If you are looking for the best Merino wool products/shirts you should have a look at Rewoolution.

http://www.reda1865.com/rewoolution/en/

And don't forget to checkout their shorts and jackets made 100% out of Merino. 

Do you have any association with the company? Because this recommendation isn't all that relevant to the discussion at hand.

On 3/24/2017 at 3:04 AM, Goober said:

I was scouring online for an ACG but impossible to find my size (XS). Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Enfin Leve released a good cargo pant recently https://store.enfinleve.com/collections/bottoms/products/uarte-technical-cargo-pants and honestly the best part about this pants are:

- The pants are fully customizeable before they're made. If you want to make any changes to the pants fit wise - looser hips, tighter calves, add articulation, add drop crotch, and such they're completely fine with it without charging you extra. I tried to push my limits and find out what kind of alterations I would get charged and it was I asked to add more pockets

- The pants come STOTZ Etaproof aka Ventile which imo is an amazing textile much better than any of the veilance pants textile IMO.

I'm not advertising for them I just found it amazing how they let you customize it but in terms of just good pants I suggest grabbing the Voronoi LT it's imo the best veilance pants right next to the indisce and anode (if they decide to fix the pattern and make it looser).

9 hours ago, Toilettebun said:

Enfin Leve released a good cargo pant recently https://store.enfinleve.com/collections/bottoms/products/uarte-technical-cargo-pants and honestly the best part about this pants are:

- The pants are fully customizeable before they're made. If you want to make any changes to the pants fit wise - looser hips, tighter calves, add articulation, add drop crotch, and such they're completely fine with it without charging you extra. I tried to push my limits and find out what kind of alterations I would get charged and it was I asked to add more pockets

- The pants come STOTZ Etaproof aka Ventile which imo is an amazing textile much better than any of the veilance pants textile IMO.

I'm not advertising for them I just found it amazing how they let you customize it but in terms of just good pants I suggest grabbing the Voronoi LT it's imo the best veilance pants right next to the indisce and anode (if they decide to fix the pattern and make it looser).

This pants are in stock for year or more. Looked at them several times, but i would say that veilance is more casual/urban pants as Enfin Leve is more for fashion. I like veilance minimalist style more.

And what is Voronoi LT?) I know Voronoi AR and Cargo LT issued 2 years ago, but there was no Voronoi LT

Edited by Nomerok

8 hours ago, Toilettebun said:

How/where did you add extra pockets and do you have pictures? Would be useful to know in case I go down that route ;)

Thanks for the tip.