arcteryx veilance

6 hours ago, szg said:

That's the Ash color in that collar pic, isn't it? In the pics on the Veilance site, I don't like that color at all. Here, I would. Anyone who has the OS in Ash want to chime in on how it looks in daylight?

On 1/14/2017 at 9:49 AM, branespload said:

lmao i didnt realize my camera is that hd wtheck anyway hope this helps

bumping this vid now that we're all talkin bout the field OS

since owning it and wearing it for a while i would say the only correction in this video is that the shirt is actually both wind resistant AND air permeable, meaning it can't really let a breeze in from the outside. air at that velocity gets kinda blocked off, the permeability is mainly about dumping heat from slow moving air from your body inside out through the shirt. i dont think it works both ways in equal measure

Good day buddies. Anyone got experience on Nemis jacket? Is it tighter or looser comparing to Arris jacket?

I'm looking for a jacket only wear in office with AC, so comparing the wind-stopper/waterproofing I'd prefer the next-to-skin touch and not too noisy. Is this jacket good for this use? Also which color looks better actually? Black or Navy?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Shuyuan said:

Good day buddies. Anyone got experience on Nemis jacket? Is it tighter or looser comparing to Arris jacket?

I'm looking for a jacket only wear in office with AC, so comparing the wind-stopper/waterproofing I'd prefer the next-to-skin touch and not too noisy. Is this jacket good for this use? Also which color looks better actually? Black or Navy?

Thanks!

I don't have the arris, but I have other veilance shell, the composite jacket and actuator. The nemis fits a bit smaller and it iss great for wearing around the office with AC.

It is nice and light and not very noisy.  I am wearing black, as it looks great with jeans.

Edited by matthewcng
adding more info

5 minutes ago, shoreman said:

Has the "bike commuter" line replaced the "ready to wear" line? 

Do you mean has A2B completely replaced the Lifestyle collection? I don't think so

Also, really want the Psiphon FL pants for climbing they look perfect :|. Aptin short is nice too, I'm coming from the Incendo Longs which are really light and comfortable but lacking pockets. The A2B Comp vest kinda reminds me of the Mionn vest a little, that one was surprising

9 hours ago, matthewcng said:

Oh, just a word of warning about the nemis.

Many users have reported that the elastic collar band can cause pre-mature stretching, the SS2017 has fixed this problem according to previous posts on this thread.

Thanks for your comments man, it's really helpful.

Just picked Nemis and together with Voronoi, they fit perfect!

Kinda bummed that the backpocket of my Voronois have ripped after just 3 months of semi-regular wear. I've filed a warranty/repair request with Veilance and I'm waiting for their reply. I'm located in Australia, however - anybody have any experience with getting Veilance stuff repaired/replaced outside of NA or Europe?

zCBQaOX.jpg

Edited by Jun.H

that's towards the back of the thigh, right? i've seen that happen to 2 ppl before. they SHOULD help you out. if they deem it normal wear and tear, dont accept that and try to escalate imo. good luck and sry bout that

1 hour ago, Jun.H said:

Kinda bummed that the backpocket of my Voronois have ripped after just 3 months of semi-regular wear. I've filed a warranty/repair request with Veilance and I'm waiting for their reply. I'm located in Australia, however - anybody have any experience with getting Veilance stuff repaired/replaced outside of NA or Europe?

zCBQaOX.jpg

Sorry, I'm in the UK not outside Europe (yet), but recently had this happen to a pair of mine after a similar amount of wear, and they replaced them with a brand new pair immediately. Fingers crossed this happens to you too!

Hello bros, hope you all are doing well!

Just found the huge discount of Veilance Nomin backpack on eastdane, use code GOBIG17 when submit your order and you will get 20% off discount!

Says the event will be end on 5th March so be quick.

Also posted this info. in backpack thread.

Anyone else feel that the Apparat material is far too stiff and constricting for a slim pants? I wish they would recreate the apparat with the the same materials of the indisce pants (gore windstopper - poly + nylon + elastane), I mean the 6% elastane in the apparat pants cannot be felt whatsoever or is that only for the second fabric located at the bottom of the pants?

On 2/22/2017 at 8:20 AM, branespload said:

bumping this vid now that we're all talkin bout the field OS

since owning it and wearing it for a while i would say the only correction in this video is that the shirt is actually both wind resistant AND air permeable, meaning it can't really let a breeze in from the outside. air at that velocity gets kinda blocked off, the permeability is mainly about dumping heat from slow moving air from your body inside out through the shirt. i dont think it works both ways in equal measure

whoa, i think ive seen you waiting for the 7 train

Don't have the Field Shirt for sale anymore but I have more Nordstrom credit than I want at the moment so if anyone was planning on buying something Veilance for retail (like one of the new seasons items or something) I can proxy/have it shipped to you for a slight discount. 

PM me if interested. 

12 hours ago, Toilettebun said:

Anyone else feel that the Apparat material is far too stiff and constricting for a slim pants? I wish they would recreate the apparat with the the same materials of the indisce pants (gore windstopper - poly + nylon + elastane), I mean the 6% elastane in the apparat pants cannot be felt whatsoever or is that only for the second fabric located at the bottom of the pants?

the elastane is only in the stretchy parts. i like the overall aesthetic of the apparat but i've always thought the stretch panels are in the wrong places. 

Few items on 50% sale at 290sqm Istanbul. I picked up the cheaper items but there's still a Galvanic IS coat and Partition Coat in larger sizes available if anyone's interested in them.

Edited by Hades
Missed a word

On 7/3/2017 at 8:15 AM, Hades said:

Few items on 50% sale at 290sqm Istanbul. I picked up the cheaper items but there's still a Galvanic IS coat and Partition Coat in larger sizes available if anyone's interested in them.

I second this! The Turkisk Lira has been depreciated alot recently, and when you add-to-card after creating an account on the site, the discount gets even better. I picked up the Field LT-jacket for roughly a third of retail price.

Hi guys, I've got some quick questions:

If you can only choose one between Field Jacket and Field LT Jacket (last issue from SS15), which one would you go for? Which one would be a more all-round piece* in your opinion? I have both in black, size XS and great condition and I'm looking to sell one of them for some cash; what would be the reasonable price in this case?

*Field Jacket is superb during winter but I guess it's too much for Summer. But I really like the burly textile feeling of its face fabric. On the other hand, I've worn Field LT Jacket with Mionn IS Jacket and some other layers underneath during Berlin winter, and it worked out fine for me.

Thanks in advance for your help!