arcteryx veilance

what are the differences between the two nomin pack on ssense? 

last year's (i think) nomin and seque used ac^2 fabric that had more of a ripstop/grid finish on it. this year's went back to the coated finish, you can't see any grid pattern in it. imo the coated one looks better. that said, the newer one should be the more expensive one -- not sure why the expected prices don't match the naming on ssense. might wanna call and ask them to clarify

Just picked up the Monitor Down in black. Does anyone else notice the outer nylon tends to easily pickup dust and lint? Wondering if it's due to their current iteration of Gore. 

i dont think the monitor down specifically picks up dust or anything more than others.. i do see my friend's has hair and stuff on it but she has a cat. anyway, the current monitor down is a 100% nylon outer and goretex pro.

last year's (i think) nomin and seque used ac^2 fabric that had more of a ripstop/grid finish on it. this year's went back to the coated finish, you can't see any grid pattern in it. imo the coated one looks better. that said, the newer one should be the more expensive one -- not sure why the expected prices don't match the naming on ssense. might wanna call and ask them to clarify

From the looks of it the $660 priced nomin pack is the FW16 one since it doesn't have the ripstop finish. I think the $725 one is from the upcoming SS17 season. From the ssense pictures I can't make out any real difference between the bags though... so just a guess.

Since we are on the topic of the Nomin, anybody here own or have owned both the nomin and outlier's quadzip backpack and care to chime in on the preferences of either bag? Main question is how comparable in size are the the main compartment areas?

I currently own the quadzip (and the rolltop version before that) and am looking to possibly sell it and pick up a nomin hopefully on an upcoming sale. the cuben fiber is so damn noisy to me on the qz. I own a seque tote and think i prefer the ac2 material arc uses. Also the lack of any real organization is a bummer. i've tried outliers ultrahigh flatpacks but the medium and larger sizes are a pain to access when the pack is loaded.

For those of you who are looking to get some Veilance gear over the holidays, or during sale time, I can highly recommend a few products.

Idisce Pants:  ridiculously good, amazing fit, perfect fall/winter pants for inclement weather

Mionn insulated Blazer:  its not really warm, but it is very functional, and it packs away into a small inside pocket.

Graph Sweater:  the new version of this sweater is the best yet. a little heavier, the fabric is better than past versions

Also, the peat colour for any of the current products is the best green Veilance has come up with

mionn IS jacket fits true -- while it's a good insulating layer it can be worn on its own or layered over stuff, so it's not too slim.

the comp might feel a bit snug towards the hem since it uses merino paneling there, but it stretches comfortably

both are good layering pieces but can be worn standalone, so keep in mind for ur intended purposes. i think you'd be fine with tts either way though

some pieces do go up to a XXL, some top out at XL. a bigger coat, like the monitor down for example, goes XS->XXL. a slim shell like the arris only goes up to an XL. confirm on official website if u can

So just to confirm, I went to Arcteryx in London today and tried all the pants on. While I do work out a fair bit, I've not exactly got Branch Warren type legs. The new Verronoi's were so tight on my thighs that I couldn't lift my knee to parallel in them. The Indisce AR were absolutely beautiful and the Windstopper gave them a decent bit of stretch but still significantly hampered my range of motion. So yeah, Veilance pants are just for guys with skinny legs, which is a real shame because I'd buy all of them in a heartbeat if they fitted me.

As a side, they have 7 of the limited edition monitor down jackets from the NY concept store in stock. That's a seriously nice jacket, like a grey melange / almost carbon tweed face on it.

That jacket was up on Nordstrom a while back—no copy indicating it was Gore-Tex. Dammit, this is the piece I've been wanting for a while since they've discontinued the Alpha SL pullover. I'm about to hike in this bitch.

Veilance, I know you read this thread MAKE A LOW PROFILE LEATHER GLOVE LIKE THE FACET AGAIN.

Tried on the conduct anorak today. Not as slim as like the Arris and other really trim Veilance. I'm 5' 9" 180lbs 33" waist 40.5" chest, 18.5" across my back, 15.75" neck, 32" sleeve—medium was great. It's also a little longer than the waist length jackets. It's sits about the same place as the field jacket. C-Knit is also a good feel, the face fabric is more supple than most recent iterations of gore-tex.

I also tried the large, sizing up gives it a different look without adding a lot excess fabric. I think the larger size is most noticeable to the overall length of the jacket and sleeves. It also includes a pouch to pack the jacket about 2/3 the size of a legal pad so like 8" across and 9" long.

7 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

Tried on the conduct anorak today. Not as slim as like the Arris and other really trim Veilance. I'm 5' 9" 180lbs 33" waist 40.5" chest, 18.5" across my back, 15.75" neck, 32" sleeve—medium was great. It's also a little longer than the waist length jackets. It's sits about the same place as the field jacket. C-Knit is also a good feel, the face fabric is more supple than most recent iterations of gore-tex.

I also tried the large, sizing up gives it a different look without adding a lot excess fabric. I think the larger size is most noticeable to the overall length of the jacket and sleeves. It also includes a pouch to pack the jacket about 2/3 the size of a legal pad so like 8" across and 9" long.

i've heard the final runs have opened up the shoulders a bit compared to the sample i posted a couple weeks back, so that's good that sizing is more consistent/expectable now. did you try on black or utility? im curious about sizing up on it still, i feel like it might work on this piece specifically. thanks for the report

27 minutes ago, Shuyuan said:

Hi, anybody feels the sleeve of Veilance product is always too long? My monitor coat and Arris and Component Shirt fit me perfect except the sleeve.

Not sure if it's more flexible in SS17 products?

well, the monitor, arris, and component all do have some way to adjust sleeve length. the monitor has an internal gasket and the arris has an elastic shaped cuff, component has buttons.. i think i have normal proportions and the sleeve length in my true size has always been good. sorry mang. also, i dont see any changes to sleeves for veilance as a whole by ss17. if anything, you'll notice some pants start at a sz 29, suggesting they're going to narrow in on larger sizes and start cutting off at XL instead of XXL, etc.