arcteryx veilance

awesome interview, really cool that they paid some attention to the installation and how it came to be. 

the melange faced gore looks super tactile and interesting, but that shaggy cardigan on Lars is just out of this fucking world as far as texture and depth goes.

edit: i wonder to what extent the wallet experiment is related to arc's shoe efforts. splitting and treating your own leather in house isn't a one off affair. 

Edited by Inkinsurgent

New Intelligence mag interview with Veilance and their NY concept store:

http://www.intelligencemagazine.com/arcteryx-veilance-concept-store

Lars talks about a wider release of their leather goods in the near future towards the end

Probably just me, but I wish the author of that piece knew how to proofread or had a proofreader. Attention to detail and all that...

Not just you -- the second word had a typo lol

Ink: the SMU gore looks and feels almost like wool. its crazy. lars's cardigan is great (his pants in the other intelligence interview are cool too, theyre like voronois but all wool.. super pilly but look comfy). taka's monitor shell in the SMU face fabric is way nice too. i'd get that over the down if i could. i dont like the crunchy ripstop feel of the regular monitor that much

lol. there are too many factors that can influence where a cargo pocket will sit from one person to the next; if your torso is long but have short legs or the other way around, how you wear trousers, low slung or as high as it can go, what are going to put in them, keys you have dig down to the bottom, note book you can grab from the top. where you feel the pockets ought to be personally to you so what is too low for you is ok for the next guy, etc.

in short you'll never find from ready wear a garment that will be a perfect for you. you can be lucky and find as near as damnit as I do with sisp because of it's sportswear influences, best bet is if you can try them on and see if it works for you but don't get too hung up if it's a couple of centimetres in the wrong place.

Right now I'm using my Field Jacket SV with an Atom LT as a liner. But it's not warm enough for norwegian winters.

Does anyone have any experience with warmer isulation jackets from Arcteryx? I've been eyeing the Thorium AR. I will be using it in temperatures around -10/-15C(14/5 farenheit)

I'm using the Filed LT jacket together with Mionn IS jacket.

Works great but of course limited to mild winter weather.

For more severe Winter I'm using a Canada Goose Summit Jacket with the Mionn IS jacket as a possible liner. Not as bulky and heavy as their normal Parkas. And plenty warm.

But not as under the radar / stealth as Arc'teryx Veilance stuff.

But you might check out Arc'teryx' LEAF line as well.

Especially their Cold WX jacket SV

Edited by droffen

i cant comment on the weight as i dont remember how much either of them weigh but yea, material is a big difference

align was goretex pro whereas arris is c-knit, goretex pro will feel crunchier whereas c-knit has an awesome handfeel and drape to it. i prefer c-knit personally

comparing goretex pro and cknit though, i think goretex pro is lighter and more breathable. i might be wrong

arris also has no hardware for cuff/sleeve fitting, it's just an elasticized cuff. arris is also much more geometric with the angles and cutouts at the cuff and hem. (edit: a more fitting comparison would be actuator vs arris actually)

and IIRC align is like a standard exterior compared to the coarser field jacket shell.

btw: any1 wanna weigh in w/ thoughts on monitor coat in soot vs black from this year? im thinking it would be cool to have the monitor be anything but black to toss over an all black outfit to stand out a little more

Edited by branespload

Align and Field Jacket are fundamentally very different jackets, with the former being closer to a mainline bird sportswear aesthetic and feel, and the Field Jacket being a sort of contemporary take on vintage military jackets - the heavy, textured nylon fabric face does not suggest Gore-Tex.

Also note that the hood configuration differs considerably between the Arris and Align. I think the Arris is much more forward thinking in its cut.

^^^^
Which seaso/where did you buy it? Contact customer support.

Anyone here have the Nemis Jacket from SS15? I'm experiencing some stretching out of the elastic collar. Anyone know of a fix for this, or is this something I just have to live with? Anybody else with the jacket experience this too?

1RjJ8Y2.jpg?1

the same thing happened with my nemis jacket...

I ended up sending it to the arcteryx service team and was told that the stretching was "pre-mature wear" and unrepairable. since they didn't have any more in stock at the time, they offered to replace the jacket by letting me pick out another item of similar value

Definitely contact customer support. Arc service team replaced my SS15 Nemis with the SS16 version for free after sending it in to them.

I couldn't find the original email from veilance about it, but IIRC, the rep said they updated the elastic on the collar of the nemis so that the rippling effect shouldn't happen again on the new one. Suppose this applies to any other jackets that use the elastic cuff/collar after the '15 season.

I had the same 'bacon collar' issue on my Nemis and sent it in to be replaced but they didn't have any in the same color and size so like @metatrendr they offered me a discount of equal value on another item, but I just had them send it back instead. They said in case they have one to replace it I can call them up and ask and get it fixed, whenever that may be. 

If anyone has any experience with the 'new' elastic material and can describe any differences that would be great. 

Edited by jacktru

I had the same 'bacon collar' issue on my Nemis and sent it in to be replaced but they didn't have any in the same color and size so like @metatrendr they offered me a discount of equal value on another item, but I just had them send it back instead. They said in case they have one to replace it I can call them up and ask and get it fixed, whenever that may be. 

If anyone has any experience with the 'new' elastic material and can describe any differences that would be great. 

If the rep never told me that they "updated" the elastic, I would have never known. The elastic to me looks exactly the same to my eyes. I haven't worn my SS16 version but maybe 2 times, so I can't comment on how well the elastic collar will hold up this time. If it bacons out on me again I'll probably just replace it with another jacket next time...