arcteryx veilance

How is the hood on the field jacket (non-insulated)? Dedicated hoods are usually better, but just wondering if the field jacket's (or even the Achrom's) has good range of motion and can stay on in windy/wet weather. 

It's fairly small, it's coverage but if you got a larger head it's pulling the jacket when you turn.

Got my Liminal pants the other day. And damn right are they tight at the calfs! I don't really feel it when standind up and walking, but definatley feel it when sitting down! Nothing i can't live with though.

The top block is perfect. True to size in the waist. But I may need to get them hemmed a bit shorter.

Just learned that the design director for Veilance was Japanese. He's a bunka graduate (e.g. J. Takahashi) and worked for CdG. He was apparently the head designer for Steven Alan and other big American brands. V interesting.

Quick question regarding Achrom jacket sleeve, it is same sleeve in sleeve style like Field IS or a plain shaped cuff?

Thanks!

It has a "sleeve in sleeve" but it's different, a lil scratchy. Kinda feels like the Nemis one. Check these pics for reference:

Field IS: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0051/7042/products/Arcteryx-Veilance-Field-IS-Jacket-Peat-7_2048x2048.jpg?v=1471375404

Achrom IS: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0051/7042/products/Arcteryx-Veilance-Achrom-IS-Jacket-Mineral-7_2048x2048.jpg?v=1471049862

holy fuck the indisce pants are amazing in person. pure, concentrated veilance dna in all aspects.

so i got a chance to try these on and they're amazing. probably my favorite pant from this season. slim fit esp compared to other bottoms in the same tag size. slim but flattering and not as restricting as say, the Anode, which has a much more aggressive taper and unflattering stacks. i hear if u got a donk theres a chance of the flap pockets flaring out but everything seemed spot on to me.

Veilance Concept store in NYC

https://www.amersports.com/2016/10/arcteryx-veilance-concept-store-opens-new-york-city/

Is anyone coming to visit? I wonder how the "NY-specific pieces" will look like...

Edited by Brainboy

I just noticed that the lower front pocket in my Field Jacket SV is coming loose on the inside. Is this an easy fix or should I contact Arcteryx and send it back for a repair? The jacket is less than two years old.

it's not the only ss piece they've got.

the field shirt looks even more amazing than i expected.

I'm guessing it looks like crap / indistinguishable from anything else when worn unless you have it tailored (if you can). 

I've had multiple go's at sizing but I still feel like I'm walking around in a portable tent with most of Veilance outerwear so I'm not holding out any hope for other layers.

Whereas ACR is like...

...oooh, slinky. 

From Veilance's instagram:

14733114_350475458632661_254713937432412

Arc'teryx Veliance has partnered with renowned design firm @snarkitecture to bring a unique concept store experience to New York City, opening tomorrow at 81 Greene Street at 11am. The first 10 customers to purchase the limited release Monitor Down Coat Special Make Up from 81 Greene Street will receive this unique GoreTex Pro garment bag to accompany their purchase. See you tomorrow.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMFm10jB-TC/?taken-by=veilance

Some fit pics with this season's Voronoi AR in Peat.  I actually sized down and they seem to fit better this way.

MyoW1B4.jpg?1

Can anyone comment on the difference in fit between these and the Indisce's, esp how the changes in articulation read when worn?  Looking to pick a pair of those up but I think the voronois look extra flattering because of the way the leg is cut.