arcteryx veilance

tried a pair of apparats but had to send them back. despite going the next size up they were too constricting in the ass and thighs. I'm thinking the stretch panels are in the wrong place - the calves are probably the place that sees the least amount of flexion yet that's where the stretch is. adding the stretch panels to the seat/crotch gusset and maybe near the knee seems to make more sense to me. 

playa is a great color though. if the fit works for you they're some goodlooking pants alright.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently looking for an ultralight windbreaker.

Which jacket from AV would you recommend?

• Windshell Blazer --> really ultralightweigt, can I wear it at a chilly but warm beach day? i.e. casual, or is it really more like a blazer (I have the Quoin Jacket and like it very much, if the windshell blazer is similiar I'd buy it immedtiatelly)
  • Nemis Jacket - not too warm ? I have to say I'm sweating very fast

or any other Brand you would recommend? Which have similar look and materials like AV and no branding visible

• Windshell Blazer --> really ultralightweigt, can I wear it at a chilly but warm beach day? i.e. casual, or is it really more like a blazer (I have the Quoin Jacket and like it very much, if the windshell blazer is similiar I'd buy it immedtiatelly)

I'm a bit confused by your requirements and mention of the quoin. The quoin is a lightweight insulated piece that has polartech alpha padding. It's not a winter piece but definitely warmer than the nemis or the windshell. The windshell is very casual and both the nemis and windshell are unlined, uninsulated, wafer-thin summer pieces. 

I named the Quoin only because I like the cut and the optics,I know that it's padded. The Quoin fits me well

So if the windshell blazer is similiar in cut and optics to the Quoin than this would be great.

I have a hard time to get it from the pictures from the webpage

Would love a heavier-weave overshirt w/ those flak pockets.

yeah, an overshirt (maybe in an ultralight windstopper?) just seems like it fits in the veilance dna. 

would also love to see the stealth shirt pattern return - doesn't have to be a poly kevlar weave or zippers everywhere, just it's cut. best shirt cut ever.

I geek out over the weave every time I wear my Stealth shirt - love it. Fantastic cut for me too. Will say that the weld (glue?) failed on the bottom half of the chest pocket. Probably a simple fix; if I got around to it.

I geek out over the weave every time I wear my Stealth shirt - love it. Fantastic cut for me too. Will say that the weld (glue?) failed on the bottom half of the chest pocket. Probably a simple fix; if I got around to it.

yeah the weave is great. subtly melanged, drapes amazingly and i love how matte it is. the tag/hanger on mine came off, but it's like five years old so that's okay. would love to see it return or revisited.

I'm currently looking for an ultralight windbreaker.

Which jacket from AV would you recommend?

or any other Brand you would recommend? Which have similar look and materials like AV and no branding visible

Old Isogon if you can find it, before they started using the brushed cotton blend and it was nylon like the Nemis. Blazer LT could also work. I'm a big fan of that light stretchy nylon.

(Anyone know: Do any Arc'teryx outlets except the one at the factory in Vancouver get any Veilance pieces? Have one opening soon where I live...)

Yes, all of them in my experience. I get the impression that they have been trying to push Veilance within the brand the last couple years - special Veilance section, and staff are keen to introduce you to the collection if they see you looking. The factory store is unique in also having dead stock and seconds at discount.

Heads up that Ssense's sale has started and there are some good Veilance sales. Just picked up the Field Jacket that I've been ogling over for the last year.

Too slow :( I checked on the Apparats like 1 hour ago, and there was plenty left! Now all sold out! Aaah

Too slow :( I checked on the Apparats like 1 hour ago, and there was plenty left! Now all sold out! Aaah

It was hours after the Veilance site got updated with S/S 16 that I went there and the Component shirt in Cascade white was sold out...

Really wonder about the market (and social) dynamics. Veilance is still pretty anonymous, hardly ever to be seen, including online (except for our discussions here) - but the sales numbers seem to be pretty good.

For sale are 2 Composite jackets from SS 2015

https://web.archive.org/web/20150919111623/http://veilance.arcteryx.com/product.aspx?language=EN&gender=mens&collection=Veilance_Collection_Spring_2015&model=Composite-Jacket

Condition are like new

1 jacket in black

1 jacket in copper

Sizes are XL

Incl. cloth sack

As I lost weight the jackets are too big now.

Sending from Germany

Let's see how this goes, especially Veilance-wise.

Arc'teryx' first European outlet store is set to open June 1 (soft opening), June 11 in the MacArthurGlen Designer Outlet Parndorf, Austria; it's already received clothes, just received shoes - mainly according to people at the Salomon outlet store just two shops over.

I'm afraid I'll be there June 1 in the morning. And if they have Veilance, I might end up broke. And I'm not afraid to publicly state so ;)

Just got this Veilance pouch in the mail.

Apparently, couple years ago, when you purchase a Veilance item, you will received this promotional gift.

I am using it as my travel pouch along with my Seque tote.

Below are some pictures. Enjoy.

Screen Shot 2016 06 01 At 2.15.50 PM

Screen Shot 2016 06 01 At 2.19.13 PM

Screen Shot 2016 06 01 At 2.15.29 PM

Edited by matthewcng