arcteryx veilance

Great Season. Love the colours, especially the subtler, darker variations like Soot and Peat, and the new Indisce jacket and pants. I also appreciate that the beginning of the catalog breaks down the line in terms of which weather conditions form the context for the pieces. My only disappointment is the continued lack of a lightweight down jacket for layering. 

Great Season. Love the colours, especially the subtler, darker variations like Soot and Peat, and the new Indisce jacket and pants. I also appreciate that the beginning of the catalog breaks down the line in terms of which weather conditions form the context for the pieces. My only disappointment is the continued lack of a lightweight down jacket for layering. 

I was hoping they would bring back the Anode, Geom (similar to the Achrom) & other SFT variations. At least the colors are great and the Mionn IS Comp (best jacket in my opinion) is returning. 

think the c-knit will be replacing the micro fleece used in the sft line of jackets.

looking forward to seeing the achrom in the flesh might get one as an update to my geom. also loving the earthy tones they have picked to use as a palette for this a/w 2016

Edited by scamster

Please can I ask the opinion of Quoin Jacket owners?

I'm a solid large in the Blazer LT, Indisce, Doeln, Mionn IS Vest and Quoin Vest; as well as dedicated outerwear like the Partition AR and Field LT.

However, the Mionn IS Jacket is none too mobile in the shoulders for me in large, so I decided it's not one for me.

I really want a Quoin Jacket, but looking at the specs on various retailer sites, it looks like it comes up small across the shoulders, in the same way the Mionn IS Jacket does for me.

So, after rambling on, how do Quoin Jacket owners find the fit?

Please can I ask the opinion of Quoin Jacket owners?

I'm a solid large in the Blazer LT, Indisce, Doeln, Mionn IS Vest and Quoin Vest; as well as dedicated outerwear like the Partition AR and Field LT.

However, the Mionn IS Jacket is none too mobile in the shoulders for me in large, so I decided it's not one for me.

I really want a Quoin Jacket, but looking at the specs on various retailer sites, it looks like it comes up small across the shoulders, in the same way the Mionn IS Jacket does for me.

So, after rambling on, how do Quoin Jacket owners find the fit?

I'm a small in all my veilance jackets (Nemis, Indisce, Partition, Galvanic) except for the Isogon I sized up to a medium.

So I ordered both a size small and medium Quoin jacket due to the measurements on different sites.

The small was just a tad too short in the sleeves also slight pulling in the chest area when buttoned up. When trying on the medium these issues were resolved but the overall fit on me looked too large and caused it too look sloppy and baggy which ruined the minimal clean design of the jacket in my eyes.

I really wanted to like this jacket, and I imagine if there was a "smedium" size it would fit me well. But unfortunately it just wasn't for me and had to return both sizes.

yeah, veilance needs to make some lightweight packable down jacket.

i have no choice but to cop a 450 dollar stone island one. i'm actually content with my uniqlo one but it's super thin and not warm at all. 

i feel like no "cool guy" company makes ultralight downs, except maybe stone island.

Mr.Nachtigall talks camouflage pattern and invisibility fabrics - quantum stealth. 

https://www.ssense.com/en-ca/interview/disappear-us-the-psycho-digital-wonder-of-camo?utm_source=ssense&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=magazine&utm_term=anti_origami_m_16_03_18

Safe to assume, most anticipated Veilance 2017 fabric: quantum stealth, color: invisible. 

Mr.Nachtigall talks camouflage pattern and invisibility fabrics - quantum stealth. 

https://www.ssense.com/en-ca/interview/disappear-us-the-psycho-digital-wonder-of-camo?utm_source=ssense&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=magazine&utm_term=anti_origami_m_16_03_18

Safe to assume, most anticipated Veilance 2017 fabric: quantum stealth, color: invisible. 

Or not.

Either the article is old or they are using a job title that hasn't been right since 2013, when Conroy left Arc'...

Or not.

Either the article is old or they are using a job title that hasn't been right since 2013, when Conroy left Arc'...

You're right - it is old. Original article was from 2013: http://032c.com/2013/disappear-us-algorithms-aesthetics-and-the-armed-forces/

I guess ssense just reposted it on their site recently. 

I was hoping conroy had returned 

Has anyone tried on the Arris yet?

Deciding between Arris, Align, and Isaora 3L. Opinions appreciated.

I have an Arris on the way. The C knit fabric is really comfortable and the cut is interesting enough to justify the cost, yet subtle.

I'd skip the Isaora unless you really want to save the cash. It's mediocre and the customer service is lacking compared to Arc'teryx.

So we usually discuss the newest seasons and what to cop, but how about some long term observations re: your daily veilance pieces?

- initially i was hesitant about the all-nylon voronois because they're so thin, but they have turned out to be my favourite pants. i've really warmed up to their angular drape, the stretch is nice and they're breathable and quick drying. There is a spot near the crotch gusset where the seam tape is coming off the fabric, but they're still as new otherwise. Has anyone picked up this summer's neptune light ones?

- Gotten a lot of mileage out of my galvanic this winter. The super-dense nylon face fabric is great, it has a rough texture and a great futuristic hand to it. Would love to see pants in this fabric. This iteration also has the only two-way zipper i've ever seen that doesn't make me want to rip my jacket in half.

- Also been wearing a second hand operand shirt that i feel mixed about. On one hand it's the last non-merino shirt they did that still has the incredible zip chest pocket design i love so much, on the other hand it  picks up a lot of lint and has a weirdly long tail even on my 6'1 frame and it seems a little narrow in the waist - i prefer the straight, boxy cut of the stealth shirt. Speaking of which, the half a decade old stealth shirt is still a peak veilance piece for me. The aramid blend fabric has this beautiful melange look to it. Really wish i'd find a black or even ordesa green one. It requires some dialing in of the detergent you use, as being mainly poly it can smell. 

- also been wearing a second hand subset varsity that i think is an underrated design with some beautiful patterning. jersey fabric is a tad fragile and the 1/3d length inner sleeve is a bit weird, but i wouldn't mind seeing a second attempt at a varsity from veilance.

- Been warming up to the idea of the apparats for summer, anyone with any long-term feedback on the current design?

Edited by Inkinsurgent