arcteryx veilance

So, anyone had experiences with the Anode Pant yet? I just asked The Bird about its durability, and they told me they haven't heard of any issues, but the material is the same as on the Voronoi - which disintegrated within a few months in all the worst places.

I'm reminded of choice words I heard from Conroy Nachtigall...

Not good, that. (Or is nobody having issues?)

Did you find out anything? I am curious to know too..

Did you find out anything? I am curious to know too..

Well, I have found out that the wool softshell part is not, e.g., in the seat. There, it's the same cotton twill that was used in the Voronoi and (for me, anyways), simply disintegrated. So, definitely nothing I'll want to try out.

Well, I have found out that the wool softshell part is not, e.g., in the seat. There, it's the same cotton twill that was used in the Voronoi and (for me, anyways), simply disintegrated. So, definitely nothing I'll want to try out.

Appreciate the feedback. I'll hold off.

I had the same experience with the twill voronois, really hoping for a new take on a winterweight voronoi next year that fixes the fabric. I do love the design quite a bit and wear my nylon voronois tirelessly.

The design benefits immensely from stretch in the fabric  - the nylon one is much more comfortable to wear and doesn't seem to bind like the nyco one did. I also suspect that within the same weight/density, adding stretch helps with abrasion resistance, but my textile-fu is weak.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

I had the same experience with the twill voronois, really hoping for a new take on a winterweight voronoi next year that fixes the fabric. I do love the design quite a bit and wear my nylon voronois tirelessly.

The design benefits immensely from stretch in the fabric  - the nylon one is much more comfortable to wear and doesn't seem to bind like the nyco one did. I also suspect that within the same weight/density, adding stretch helps with abrasion resistance, but my textile-fu is weak.

Yes. Articulation and fit is amazing. Arc'teryx has thicker stretch fabrics in its inventory. I think the stretch also increases durability because it distributes the forces from specific points that wear through such as between the legs. To their credit, it is a process to test and implement new materials in seasonal collections and I'm sure the feedback on the old Voronoi's will contribute to future iterations. I appreciate the experimentation.

On a side note, I am not completely sold on the need for seam taping as a functional strategy. When it rains, my thighs are the first area to soak through, not the side seams. I also have the suspicion that seam taping cotton creates wear because of the additional rigidity added to the folds and stitching.

On a side note, I am not completely sold on the need for seam taping as a functional strategy. When it rains, my thighs are the first area to soak through, not the side seams. I also have the suspicion that seam taping cotton creates wear because of the additional rigidity added to the folds and stitching.

On the pants, it's definitely one of the worse ideas. The cotton that ripped (on the Voronoi) often ripped exactly where it lay against the edge of the taping...

maybe when you glue/laminate/tape things to a relatively (relative to nylon) fragile fibre like cotton, you impede it's capability for stretch and cause the fibres to break from wear? might explain why the 100% cotton/gore tex laminate of last winter frayed too fast.

Some items marked down 30% plus there was a code that gave an additional 15% off. Picked up the Sinter IS for $725.20 before taxes.

https://www.eastdane.com/brands-arcteryx-veilance/br/v=1/23661.htm

Ungh - that fucking hurts.  I got raped on customs from Dope Factory ($270).  Its still cheaper that buying from Mr. Porter at 20% off but damn - that eastdane sale is awesome.

...And despite the redesign the IS Field still has retardedly high arm holes and cuts you up if you aren't anorexic - might end up selling.

Edited by fals3

Ungh - that fucking hurts.  I got raped on customs from Dope Factory ($270).  Its still cheaper that buying from Mr. Porter at 20% off but damn - that eastdane sale is awesome.

...And despite the redesign the IS Field still has retardedly high arm holes and cuts you up if you aren't anorexic - might end up selling.

dam that's a lot, you in the states? or Canada?

So, anyone had experiences with the Anode Pant yet? I just asked The Bird about its durability, and they told me they haven't heard of any issues, but the material is the same as on the Voronoi - which disintegrated within a few months in all the worst places.

I'm reminded of choice words I heard from Conroy Nachtigall...

Not good, that. (Or is nobody having issues?)

I don't own the piece but I've tried it on at the Tokyo store.

The material is very much wool-like. It's definitely not something you can put through the washer. 

It looks high-tech but it's more of a regular steez piece. Not techy at all. It's an interesting looking pant though.

Compared to older winter-weight pants (maybe the apparat), it's more of a TTS fit. Apparat was skinny af.

on another note, i have a navy blue actuator (BNWT size M) i kind of want to sell. it's a perfect jacket but i own a lot o navy pants, and can't seem to find anything that would work with the jacket.

Edited by herpsky

Based on the zippers, I'd say that's a fake. If you email Arc'teryx customer service they can help you confirm it's authenticity. 

got that jacket is hideous. lol

got my replacement galvanic. the aw15 model is a huge improvement. the nylon face has a subtle, compact weave and a beautiful deep black color. i actually think it looks significantly better than the original cotton faced version. it's also quite a bit lighter, and the zipper is now a smooth metal two way zip that zips up effortlessly. one tiny thing is that the previous version's collar was a bit sturdier and stood up nicely behind my neck like a huge wind barrier - the lighter nylon one is a bit floppier and doesn't stand up quite as nice. 

edited to update: zipper is metal, not plastic.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

Did everyone exchange their galvanic? I have the green one from last year and saw the new black one in store. Functionally it must have improved but looks for me i still prefer the cotton one. Jus felt more special like towards a mackintosh coat or something

, compared to typical performance gear. Maybe its just the colors though...

Did everyone exchange their galvanic? I have the green one from last year and saw the new black one in store. Functionally it must have improved but looks for me i still prefer the cotton one. Jus felt more special like towards a mackintosh coat or something

, compared to typical performance gear. Maybe its just the colors though...

They claims that replacement would be honored indefiinitely. I would like to replace mine but I don't really want the black one to avoid looking like a ninja. 

They claims that replacement would be honored indefiinitely. I would like to replace mine but I don't really want the black one to avoid looking like a ninja. 

I replaced my 2014 with the slate gray option, it looks cool, but the face fabric's a little different and definitely wouldn't want it in black ninja style.

Can anyone that has exchanged for or purchased the new Galvanic coat, comment on the new face fabric in regards to the "softer and quieter than its previous incarnation"  description on the Veilance website?

I have the SS15 Partition coat with goretex 3L and it's quite noisy. Is it noticeably softer and quieter than this or other goretex coats in the previous veilance lines?

Edited by Xal