arcteryx veilance

I got an email back from veilance. from what it sounded like, the full line up will be posted on August 15th. customers who purchased galvanic is eligible for an exchange. no mention of having to pay the difference if we wanted to upgrade to a monitor is or whatever. I guess I'll get in touch again once the full line is posted. I really don't want a black jacket and it seems that monitor only comes in black and white

no mention of having to pay the difference if we wanted to upgrade

Rest assured you *do* have to pay the difference. Always. And be glad they offer that option rather than just a direct exchange to the same (kind of) product.

Rest assured you *do* have to pay the difference. Always. And be glad they offer that option rather than just a direct exchange to the same (kind of) product.

No doubt. I would also venture to guess that the Node and Field Jacket IS will be available in other colours.

The Nomin backpack has a stiff insert for holding documents and a pouch, both of which I believe are removable, in addition to at least another compartment. Take a look at their website. To me the most 'technical' aspect of the bag is the strap system, adapted from Arc'teryx's climbing harnesses, and the primary fabric, used in their latest duffles and alpine packs. The price is about double that of mainline equivalents, which is congruent with their other offerings.

field IS fits kinda boxy, doesn't it? i've tried on most of the FW jackets before but some of the shorter jackets have a really weird fit 

field IS fits kinda boxy, doesn't it? i've tried on most of the FW jackets before but some of the shorter jackets have a really weird fit 

new field IS should fit better.  also has a different face fabric.

At 50% off, it becomes a fairly inexpensive jacket. Might be worth it to buy just to have in your arsenal.

Agreed...I've been seeing some for around $200, which is pretty good (Christ, how jaded I am) for what it is. A nice windbreaker/nyco shell for mild climes with zero ornamentation and trademark veilance steez.

Edited by lysosome

If you want to be warm in Veilance, try the Sinter. Sure you'll look goofy to some, but you gotta do what you gotta do  :o

down monitor seems like it would be quite warm as well, although I've never worn it myself.

edit: sorry for double post

Edited by lysosome

For those who bought the Isogon, was it worth it? Is it only a summer-only jacket? Does it have a decent amount of water resistance or little to none? 

I came across both the isogon and apparant pant in basalt for roughly ~50% off and unsure about pulling the trigger on it.

I wear mine all the time in spring and summer - it's the perfect jacket to have in your bag for when the sun goes down and you have to bike home along the waterfront. Being a windbreaker, it doesn't do much in the rain. The basalt colour is also really nice.

Graph sweat, mionn jacket and that partition ar are peak veilance minimalism. Love it.

Neptune grey is a new high in veilance's ongoing love affair with all things gray.

Suprised to see cotton faced gore return after the issues they had with it last fall.

Kinda bummed that there isn't a new blazer design.  somehow i feel like teched out blazers are a veilance cornerstone, and compared to some of their more adventurous offerings like the scann and survey,  the ever present windshells and lt's (while great minimalist designs in their own right)  are starting to become a bit stale, especially if the new pieces are essentially elongated versions of the latter.  

edit: holy fuck the new field is has some sleek lines. can't believe they can still improve a classic like that.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

fuck, no galvanic in olive. what am i gonna exchange my old galvanic with?

has anyone seen "neptune" in person? what is that color like? is it just kimoy?

going back to tokyo in a few weeks so i might just peep it out in person

Edited by herpsky

I doubt arc'teryx wants to go through recalling a bunch of jackets either. 

the partition ar is listed as a nylon/cotton blend. it would make sense for the galvanic and partition to share the same fabric package. however, the cs rep who handled my replacement told me the new galvanic had a nylon face fabric. at any rate it wouldn't be the first time product descriptions on the site aren't up to date.

ARC'TERYX FLAGSHIP

STORE OPENS IN LONDON

GRAND OPENING EVENT

5 & 6 SEPTEMBER

• GORE-TEX® demos
  • DJ with Music
  • Free Juice Bar
  • Sewing Station - custom lunch bag!

Saturday, 5 September, 10.00 - 19.00

Sunday, 6 September, 11.30 - 17.30

212 Piccadilly, London

facebook.com/arcteryxpiccadilly#arcteryxpiccadilly

http://stores.arcteryx.com/piccadilly/?CID=2142288&Email=London_Store_Open_Inform&LKNM=cta-more&RID=39724270

I take it veilance will be in appearance!?

I doubt arc'teryx wants to go through recalling a bunch of jackets either. 

the partition ar is listed as a nylon/cotton blend. it would make sense for the galvanic and partition to share the same fabric package. however, the cs rep who handled my replacement told me the new galvanic had a nylon face fabric. at any rate it wouldn't be the first time product descriptions on the site aren't up to date.

what did you end up getting?