arcteryx veilance

sorry if this is a repost but eastdane has the anode coat (M) and the diale sweater (xs) from FW14 on sale. spreading the love since I wear a small...

edit: anode is gone? one of you guys is fast lol

Edited by lysosome

oh yeah, had two questions for you guys...what the hell is the polytrope jacket? found it at a local retailer but can't find any info on it. my size, too...and which of the pant materials would be the best for a climate like southern california's? I'm thinking the new nyco apparat, but I'm no fabric expert.

Polytrope was a hooded, performance high density cotton jacket, grey and black colours, FW12 collection I think.

Only a few pieces were made for some reason. JustOneEye still have it, at full retail price, damn it.

Yes, Apparats shold be fine, maybe even the new Voronois.

Edited by Brainboy

many thanks, was trying to decide between the voronois and apparats. will probably go with the voronois because they seem slimmer from what I've seen here. And yes, JOO has the polytrope--was trying to be a little sneaky, didn't want to get swooped! Now I just need to decide if I want this season's isogon or that polytrope...

oh yeah, had two questions for you guys...what the hell is the polytrope jacket? found it at a local retailer but can't find any info on it. my size, too...and which of the pant materials would be the best for a climate like southern california's? I'm thinking the new nyco apparat, but I'm no fabric expert.

it's called the polytope. the "trope" misspelling is why you can't find it, probably. if it's a medium and you ever want to part with it, let me know. 

can anyone comment on the actual colour of this seasons align lyra grey, on the veinal site it looks very 'grey' but some other images i have seen it has a turqouise tone to it???

Not sure if you're still wondering but it's a grey/green. From pics I thought I'd love it and reserved one but ended up buying the black.

Does anyone know / have the Actuator and an Align Shell and knows how they fit in comparison? I have the Actuator in size 'M' and it fits like a glove, but e.g. my Veilance Survey Jacket (FW2012) in size 'M' is simply too wide (anyone up for an unworn one?)?

The Actuator fits larger than my Align.

it's called the polytope. the "trope" misspelling is why you can't find it, probably. if it's a medium and you ever want to part with it, let me know. 

I love it when retailers do that. Thanks. Still scant info on it, but unfortunately (for you) I'm a small. If I see one around in an M I will let you know.

dropped by JOO and was so smitten with the jacket that I picked it up. For those curious, I still can't confirm the fabric makeup, no care tag on the jacket somehow. to my untrained eye and hand it certainly does seem like a cotton/synthetic blend.

Edited by lysosome

Got charged GBP 55 (plus shipping to Switzerland) to fix two small rips on my Mionn IS Blazer...

Nevertheless, thinking about copping some of the Voronoi pants - will need to get them hemmed however, is the material amenable to hemming by a conventional tailor?

Are there other stockists carrying the composite in talus gray sz XS? I've been looking around for a bit but it seems like the veilance webstore is the only one.

Any hooded models you would recommend that fit smaller/slimmer than tagged?

ty in advance~~~

Got charged GBP 55 (plus shipping to Switzerland) to fix two small rips on my Mionn IS Blazer...

Nevertheless, thinking about copping some of the Voronoi pants - will need to get them hemmed however, is the material amenable to hemming by a conventional tailor?

they have a regular stitched hem,so any compotent tailor can alter them,no different than altering a regular pair of pants

Are there other stockists carrying the composite in talus gray sz XS? I've been looking around for a bit but it seems like the veilance webstore is the only one.

ty in advance~~~

I think the old geom SFT bomber (with stow hood) fits relatively slim, if you can find one.

ty in advance~~~

Been looking for you but no luck so far.

I think the old geom SFT bomber (with stow hood) fits relatively slim, if you can find one.

I can confirm that. I purchased a size LG off the bay and it definitely is trimmer than all my other size LGs.

A light shirt jacket or sweatshirt underneath is fine. But an insulator is a stretch.

One was floating on ebay for a while after I bought mine. Don't know if someone snagged it up or not.