arcteryx veilance

Why not buy this seasons apparats instead, they enhanced the quality of the fabric from what i heard.

You're a bad influence... Just bought the pants (sz 32) from Mr. Porter. 

1st order from them so I got the premium packaging/next-day shipping for free! Looking forward to receiving them.

You're a bad influence... Just bought the pants (sz 32) from Mr. Porter. 

1st order from them so I got the premium packaging/next-day shipping for free! Looking forward to receiving them.

Nice, I am going to have to wait to buy mine. Bought the Liminals in the fall and other than the fit the material fades by the cobra waist button and crotch.

Liminals are TTS, although down the legs they are slimmer than those of the Voronois. To me it seems a dressier fit but the fabric may contribute to this illusion. A thinner fabric, I also find it strangely more durable, at least in terms of wear around the seams. My Liminals are newer than Voronois, though, so I cannot say with great assuredness.

Does the fabric of the latest Field Jacket SV F/W 14 soften up? My girlfriend got my one for my birthday and I'm a but unsure of the size.(yes, size again)

I'm usually a size L, and that what I got. But it feels a bit big and bulky. I'm thinking it's because the fabric is so stiff. It feels pretty good size wise in the armpits and shoulders but feels a bit big in the lower part. 

All size talk aside though, it's a freaking great jacket, and I'm glad the got the chest pocket right with the latest one!

Edited by Marw

Does the fabric of the latest Field Jacket LT soften up? My girlfriend got my one for my birthday and I'm a but unsure of the size.(yes, size again)

I'm usually a size L, and that what I got. But it feels a bit big and bulky. I'm thinking it's because the fabric is so stiff. It feels pretty good size wise in the armpits and shoulders but feels a bit big in the lower part. 

All size talk aside though, it's a freaking great jacket, and I'm glad the got the chest pocket right with the latest one!

Personally, to feel comfortable in the FJ, I feel like this is how it will have to fit. No doubt, though, the stationary models posing for photographs size down for a cleaner look. I didn't find this to be an issue with the Fall/Winter SV because I usually layer underneath, but the S/S LT felt a bit sloppy and long in milder temperatures. 

Personally, to feel comfortable in the FJ, I feel like this is how it will have to fit. No doubt, though, the stationary models posing for photographs size down for a cleaner look. I didn't find this to be an issue with the Fall/Winter SV because I usually layer underneath, but the S/S LT felt a bit sloppy and long in milder temperatures. 

Yeah! I get what you say! I wrote wrong though, I got the F/W 14, so it's the SV. I'll use it mostly for the colder months, so I will be wearing a down lining and other layers underneath it.

The problem is that there's no store in my city that has Veilance, so I can rule out a size Medium. I've sent Arc'teryx a mail about changing the size(my girl bought it throught Tres Bien, they are sold out).

Yeah! I get what you say! I wrote wrong though, I got the F/W 14, so it's the SV. I'll use it mostly for the colder months, so I will be wearing a down lining and other layers underneath it.

The problem is that there's no store in my city that has Veilance, so I can rule out a size Medium. I've sent Arc'teryx a mail about changing the size(my girl bought it throught Tres Bien, they are sold out).

Interested in how this turns out. My repaired inner lining for the patrol IS is scheduled for delivery Friday.

Oh my that white FJ at the Haven store reminds me of my old LT

Got my Apparats today from Mr. Porter - nice packaging. Pocket square and all that.
Fit was a little weird... pretty roomy in the thigh/crotch area, but slims down. It's comfy but I feel like it is puffy...

http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/jkxss/library/Apparat%20SS2015%20Veilance

I apologize for the messy room - the shoes/pants in the background are my roommates (I live in a college dorm). What measurements did you want me to post up?

Haha, No worries! True waist, thigh(1" bellow crotch) and inseam.

S/S 2015 Apparat Measurements:

Waist 16.5"

Thigh: 12"

Inseam: 30"

Edit: Was wearing the apparats around the house and they feel good. I guess it just takes some time to get used to them. If you have big calves, the pants will definitely feel tight/snug.

Edited by JasonLee

the talus grey monitor looks beautiful, but i'm really bummed to see them stick to the component shirt which is just an unusual and unappealing design with the jersey back panel. was really hoping for a one-fabric shirt with similar pocket styling.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

Oh my that white FJ at the Haven store reminds me of my old LT

Got my Apparats today from Mr. Porter - nice packaging. Pocket square and all that.

Fit was a little weird... pretty roomy in the thigh/crotch area, but slims down. It's comfy but I feel like it is puffy...

http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/jkxss/library/Apparat%20SS2015%20Veilance

Hey I think the fit would look better if you loosened up the cobra snaps on the ankle, looks too tapered that way. Also are you a true to size 32 because looking at your pictures I think I will need the 30s.

Hey I think the fit would look better if you loosened up the cobra snaps on the ankle, looks too tapered that way. Also are you a true to size 32 because looking at your pictures I think I will need the 30s.

I tried them on with the cobra snaps loosened (after the pictures), and it still felt/looked weird. Yes I am a true 32, or larger (I mean that there is no way I am less than 32), but the waist was loose when I tried them on (could fit my hand in). The apparats are apparently Veilance's roomiest cut, with the liminals coming in next and the voronoi's being the slimmest. I sent the pants back to Mr. Porter today and am hoping to try on the liminals when I get a chance to visit the DC store.

Arc'teryx said they will have their SS2015 up on their website by next Wed. Getting my repaired Patrol IS liner tomorrow so excited for that :)

BTW I think Haven has the apparats for cheaper ($350 CAD as opposed to USD) than anywhere else. I mention it because I noticed your info said you're in Toronto. Check out some of the new season in store for us!

Edited by JasonLee

^

I tried them on with the cobra snaps loosened (after the pictures), and it still felt/looked weird. Yes I am a true 32, or larger (I mean that there is no way I am less than 32), but the waist was loose when I tried them on (could fit my hand in). The apparats are apparently Veilance's roomiest cut, with the liminals coming in next and the voronoi's being the slimmest. I sent the pants back to Mr. Porter today and am hoping to try on the liminals when I get a chance to visit the DC store.

Arc'teryx said they will have their SS2015 up on their website by next Wed. Getting my repaired Patrol IS liner tomorrow so excited for that :)

BTW I think Haven has the apparats for cheaper ($350 CAD as opposed to USD) than anywhere else. I mention it because I noticed your info said you're in Toronto. Check out some of the new season in store for us!

Edited by frankie_four

That's kinda weird. I tried on a previous season's apparat at Tokyo's arcteryx. I usually wear 32 in most brands e.g. acne but 32 was hella tight.