arcteryx veilance

What size do you normally wear?

I'm a solid LG in all tops (with enough extra room so that they are comfortable and I can move without restriction). I usually size up to the 36 in Veilance bottoms as I find their waistbands have a slightly stiffer interlining in them which prevents stretching through wear (similar to acronym bottoms), I also prefer a slightly looser fit in the waist on bottoms and I have 25" thighs so I also have to account for that.

The apparat pants have very generously cut thighs as well. Plenty of ease and the waist is pretty TTS, I have about an inch of extra room when worn.

Chaps, how does the current Field LT fit?

Im unsure which way to go, I'm 5'8 but broad shoulders. I already have the Align SFT in Large which fits ok if a little on the roomy side but I have the long sleeve problem, the Node IS in Medium which is more snug but still ok and I also have a Composite and Isogon in Large but I feel while wearable these are also a little on the big side.

I want this thing to look like its meant to, fitted, but i also want to be able to move freely and layer a sweat/fleece if needed in winter.

Based on the Veilance website measurements I would pretty much be bang on a medium. Thats if those measurement are meant to be close yo your body?

I have seen such conflicting advice on stores, JCrew say size up and a lot of sites say model is a 38 chest wearing a medium (40) so essentially a size up but then another store post photos of a 5'11 model wearing small!

Thanks Gents,

Got the medium (which meant a little extra expense) but it fits like a dream!

FYI I could have got into a small but this will def allow layering and I think this is how it should be worn.

Funny how the sizing seems all over the place between seasons and models!

I usually take a L in Stone Island, a 50 in Cabourn, and a large in EG sport coats (Bedford) and a M in EG outerwear.  5'10" 170lbs and somewhat broad shoulders.  I took a L in the Actuator which fits fine (body tends towards slim as others have mentioned).

What is your height/weight?

Did anyone on here purchase the new Dyadic jacket from this season?

I'm tempted to grab it, but I preferred the previous Dyadic iteration, and I'm not a fan of how the knit sleeve panels wrap onto the chest. They make the jacket look a bit gorilla chested IMO.

Thoughts?

I prefer the configuration of the older dyadic. The new one does look a bit weird, I agree. Also for me the fit was a bit off. Usually I'm a medium in veilance but the medium was too big and the small was a bit too small. I have the earlier version in a small and while it's not perfect in fit, I found it very useful as a layering piece last winter. Had the newer medium (or small) fit better I would have likely gone for it.

a little birdie told me that the new veilance line for this autumn/winter is imminent, possibly in a week ;) 

thinking of purchasing a pair of the veilance apparat. have a pair of the voronoi, do they fit the same in the waist or do I need to size up one?

cheers :)

cheers frankie_four been reading over the last couple pages, I'll be sizing up :)

Inkinsurgent think these been posted before but if not ...

tumblr_mx0mftRFHr1r670xho1_500.jpg

sinter a/w 2014 with 140 g/m2 coreloft fill.

tumblr_mwz0jhd0hU1r670xho1_500.jpg

not sure on the model but think it's the patrol a/w 2014. edit it's not the patrol.

more hear at mindtrive.

Edited by scamster

That peachy/brick mac style is lovely and a great colour but it will be far too long on me.

Black/grey Node IS looked awesome till i saw those pockets on the front!

Might have to have the insulator vest, and ski pass pockets on Veilance, can't decide if i like or fucking hate that!

Also anyone have fit pics of this years Voronoi....

Edited by sp@rks

Happen to be in Vancouver this weekend, popped into the Arcteryx store on 4th. Tried on a bunch of the pants - Voronois look terrible on me, but the Apparats were a winner, and I seem to have acquired a second Blazer LT in less than a week. Dangerous stuff.