arcteryx veilance

i realise its not veilance, but can anyone advise on sizing for the arcteryx squamish? no stockists in australia so i have to proxy from the US - i'm 6'1/165lb and wear a S in a north face venture, not sure to go with a S or M in this? sucks there's no black.

HELLA late passin but i have a hood-less arcteryx squamish from the current season. 

the jacket is fairly slim (i think the mainline is a lot slimmer than it was several years ago). 

i wear M in veilance, 48 in most european brands. M fits fine. I don't really go for the super tight silhouette when I buy shells and etc.

I'm about 5'11" so you should get an M. It's my workout shell.

i tried on the apparat pants at the tokyo store. i wouldn't consider them summer pants. super nice regardless.

They fit extremely slim. I'm about ~31 in waist but i could barely fit into a 32. would size up for sure.

i tried on the apparat pants at the tokyo store. i wouldn't consider them summer pants. super nice regardless.

They fit extremely slim. I'm about ~31 in waist but i could barely fit into a 32. would size up for sure.

Second that. I'm a 34 and I had to size up to the 36. Gotta say the length is perfect on my short legs. I've actually got a little break at the hem.

Second that. I'm a 34 and I had to size up to the 36. Gotta say the length is perfect on my short legs. I've actually got a little break at the hem.

they are supposed to be cropped. not full length. like this,

Edited by herpsky

Hmmm I check Haven regularly and never saw them on there..

Has one else seen the unen vest on sale anywhere?

They were there for at least a week, maybe 2.  That's the only place I've seen it for sale in all sizes.  They're all gone now of course... 

I paid full price and then some @ the Seattle store for the Unen, I think it was worth it :)

Edited by jbob24

Why wouldn't you consider them summer pants?

the pants aren't that light-weight, don't you think? i mean, if you live in the bay or something it's "summer pants" but i wouldn't wear them when it's 85F outside. all relative though.

How slim are the cargo pants/shorts and the Voronoi shorts?

(Can't really get away with wearing paint coloured basketball shorts anymore.)

voronoi shorts are too short for me and fit too slim for my legs. i've been wearing the cargo lt shorts 'cause they're longer and fuller in the thighs.

i am on the slimmer side and the voronoi shorts are a tad wider than outlier workpants (which i cut to shorts)

however, i am happy with the apparat pant. due to the composite structure they are working well as a long leg pant in summer, compared to other narrow pants. you can't expect the comfort from a yohji pant with a wider leg, but afterall they are great pants for the office

Chaps, how does the current Field LT fit?

Im unsure which way to go, I'm 5'8 but broad shoulders. I already have the Align SFT in Large which fits ok if a little on the roomy side but I have the long sleeve problem, the Node IS in Medium which is more snug but still ok and I also have a Composite and Isogon in Large but I feel while wearable these are also a little on the big side.

I want this thing to look like its meant to, fitted, but i also want to be able to move freely and layer a sweat/fleece if needed in winter.

Based on the Veilance website measurements I would pretty much be bang on a medium. Thats if those measurement are meant to be close yo your body?

I have seen such conflicting advice on stores, JCrew say size up and a lot of sites say model is a 38 chest wearing a medium (40) so essentially a size up but then another store post photos of a 5'11 model wearing small!

Damn…at 5'8", I feel like a lot of veilance gear probably looks off on you, especially if your shoulders and chest are as broad as you make them out to be.

Rant Edited.

Anyway...

No chance you can find a local retailer and try it on in person? 

On a similar note, I had a sales clerk tell me that Veilance gear is made with the Asian market in mind and is thus sized accordingly. Any truth to this? 

Edited by TresUnCool

Damn…at 5'8", I feel like a lot of veilance gear probably looks off on you, especially if your shoulders and chest are as broad as you make them out to be.

Rant Edited.

Anyway...

On a similar note, I had a sales clerk tell me that Veilance gear is made with the Asian market in mind and is thus sized accordingly. Any truth to this? 

Hahaha, cheers dude!

Yeah I know I'm not as wide as you may be imagining but I'm no where near skinny. Broad shoulders but average waist.

Nah can try it on anywhere, worst case i can return/swap. 

Its just annoying as either WILL fit, I just want to get it right.

Im pretty much a true medium in everything so thats what I'm thinking especially as its not insulated. 

I would get a medium. I'm 5'9" with broad shoulders and it fit me spot on. I also have a M in Isogon but I wear that only with a tshirt.

cheers dude, would i prob get a fleece under it?

Just don't want it to be too long!

Edited by sp@rks

I think a fit that is comfortable and unrestrictive would be best.  If you wear it skinny fit or slim or loose, the beauty of the jackets are seen, while in motion and under the harsh environments its made for.  

Its also great that the interior of the gore tex is shinny and metallic, which makes it feel more technical and futuristic.  

I had a big issue with sizing of the jackets.  The Sleeves were too long, wrinkled and didnt hang loose like the photos.  But When it came to layering, the more room was better.  The Unrestrictive fit with insulators and fleece underneath them felt more natural.

Edited by ST27

I got a actutor in M, which is still great and allows room for the insulator and other stuff.

The Sleeves come down to the ends of my fingers.

I tried on an actutor in S, which is more slim fit and my true size, which i wouldn't wear anything thicker than a fleece underneath.

The sleeves are still long and come down to past my knuckles.

I feel a XS would fit and look exactly like the models and photos on the website.  But The restrictions on the chest and shoulders would scare me, as the seem may rip or something.

Also the size of the hood were different to compensate the lenght of your neck & different size of your head.  the hood of the M was way too big for my head, The S is a bit off.  Although with a toque, the S would be fine.

Edited by ST27

I got a Monitor LT is Small.  The measurements state size 38 chest.  The actual Fit is a bit larger and loose. I Think its meant for layering and wearing into the winter.  

My biggest regret is getting a Patrol IS in M instead of S because at the time the fit of small was too tight.  But i realize the tightness was due to the stiffness of the thick insulator full of air and firmness of the fibers.  Over time, the insulator jackets get compressed and allows more room.

As a rule for AV.  Always get the slimmer and more fitted SIZE for your jackets.  These jackets are made to look good and feel great.  

I just received an apparat pant in black in size 32 from 290 sqm, unfortunately too small for me. Tags still attached, anyone interested? 300 Euros shipped (what I paid for). Send me a message, I can provide pics.

Edited by Oli888

apparently another 'regular length' apparat :)
i was initially worried about the size, coz the only one left was 33in and i'm usually 31-32in. i appreciate the posts of firstdoorontheleft and herpsky regarding its sizing and how it runs small. i'm not certain about hte 32in but the 33in offers extra room in case i gain weight or thighs becomes thicker from oly lifts. btw im 5'7", 180lbs.. 25.5in thighs.

IMG_20140718_053431.jpg

Rant Edited.

Anyway...

Im a 34-35 waist with a 42 chest and I'm just shy of 6' and my Veilance gear fits me swimmingly. :P it's not just for you skinny fellas haha.