arcteryx veilance

SS14 Monitor is made with GT Pro, it just doesn't have fleece interior like the winter one. It's a fabric made for K2 climbs, you'll be fine.

All my jackets look pretty fine, no defects or fading. GT or tapes will not break just by wearing and washing your jacket.

Does anyone have experience with maharishi pants? Looking for additional bottoms that could work with Veilance. I am interested in the MHI custom cargo pants, but the only ones available in my size are the jasmine scented ones...How strong is this "jasmine scent" and how are the materials and build of these pants any info would be much appreciated, thanks!

Edited by VivaceKinetics

Does anyone have experience with maharishi pants? Looking for additional bottoms that could work with Veilance. I am interested in the MHI custom cargo pants, but the only ones available in my size are the jasmine scented ones...How strong is this "jasmine scent" and how are the materials and build of these pants any info would be much appreciated, thanks!

Check the urban techwear thread. There was a discussion about MHI not too long ago.

Mainline Maharishi has weird as shit sizing, I'm not sure I'd ever buy a pair of them unless I happened to be in the UK where returning them is easy. I went through hell trying to return a pair that fit totally awfully (took them over a month to ship them out after they got them back). If the length listed on the site isn't very very close to your measurements I'd be careful, since it's super easy to end up with a pair of drop-crotch pants by accident.

But their shit looks so good.

isogon is a great jacket, it's just not a "rain" jacket.  it's perfect for summertime though, as it breathes (way more than goretex, obviously).  the tradeoff is that it's not waterproof.  but it works well enough for summertime sprinkles.

i look at veilance jackets as tools.  they are all built for different things.  some are better for all-round use than others.  but they all do what they are supposed to do incredibly well.

isogon is like the world's best light jacket.  composite is a really comfortable mix of waterproof in the front and super comfortable and breathable in the back (i love this jacket for bike riding as it keeps me dryish for the most part, but doesn't get clammy inside).  field jacket handles sustained downpours like few others.  partition is minimalist, lightweight, packable, and keeps you dry in most weather, like the world's best travel jacket.  align is a do everything shell.  etc. 

Thought I'd give some feedback on a recent Veilance purchase and ordering direct from them if you're in Europe. So I ordered a pair of Apparats direct from their site on a Friday evening, thinking that they held stock in a European warehouse and I'd be waiting a few days for delivery to the UK as per Acronym etc. 

After a week I'd had no further notification email to say it had been shipped and my account on the Arc'teryx site still said it was waiting to be shipped. I chase Arc'teryx customer services and they told me that European orders get shipped from Canada to Germany once a week on a Friday so I'd just missed the cut off day with my order. So 2 weeks after making my purchase my pants get shipped to the warehouse in Germany and then finally get shipped from Germany to me in the UK, almost 3 weeks after parting with my hard earned money.

To top it off, the pants didn't fit and I had to send them straight back! Absolutely amazing pants though, awesome construction, attention to detail and pocket config, would recommend them to anyone... unless you work out and have quite big legs because there's not a lot of room in the thigh... I could barely sit down in them!

Edited by Dolphinski

i realise its not veilance, but can anyone advise on sizing for the arcteryx squamish? no stockists in australia so i have to proxy from the US - i'm 6'1/165lb and wear a S in a north face venture, not sure to go with a S or M in this? sucks there's no black.

^2nd this.

I have both TNF and Arc'teryx stuff and the fit is quiet similiar. IMHO TNF is a bit on a slimmer side, whereas Arcteryx provides more room for movement.

Yup. TNF seems to cut their jackets slim yet boxy, if that makes sense. The opposite of anatomical, essentially. Arcteryx, on the other hand, tends to be a bit slim through the body, but all points of articulation are cut to allow for range of movement.

Long story short: both give the same silhouette, but Arcteryx allows for a good range of movement without being baggy.

I have been watching this brand for years however I never had the desire to bite - until now.  I had tried on a blazer (Inventory NY) at the beginning of the season and found it to be interesting and then this weekend tried on of their jackets for the first time - the Actuator in Grey.  I tried on a size Large (the only size available to try on) and it seemed to fit like a glove - I am 5'10" and 165-170lbs with wide shoulders.

I now have the jones for one however it is killing me that most of the sales have already come and gone.

How do people size these - does the Large seem correct (I am a 50 in Cabourn) - and are there any floating around for decent sales prices (I am in the States)

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...